Powerclean Guru number please

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have a problem with this Powerclean unit that I cant figure out. What is the number of a Powerclean guru?

thanks

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Adam at some point your going to have to just drive it down. My guys are the guys but trying to fix a machine over the phone is a crap shoot at best. If it doesn't get fixed after 2 tries it is a bring it in. Kinda like trying to take a spot out over the phone :) Hold the phone closer to the spot and I'll be able to tell you what it is :)

Reactions: KevinL and SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Nothing like best guess, but at least there's a process of elimination!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

John Olson

Name
John Olson
LOL Going to give him a call later but what Bud and Travys had him do should have fixed it and Adam isn't stupid so if it still has him stumped TW will have to put his hands on it next week.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
The problem is this.
After this thing heats up, if you put the wand down for a little bit the pressure starts to climb. It will go from 500 psi to 2000 psi in about 1 min.
I have changed the temp sensors, and the pressure regulator.
I have checked and rechecked everything. .....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
The problem is this.
After this thing heats up, if you put the wand down for a little bit the pressure starts to climb. It will go from 500 psi to 2000 psi in about 1 min.
I have changed the temp sensors, and the pressure regulator.
I have checked and rechecked everything. .....

Now that's a problem I haven't had in 6000 hours of running. There is no such step as a bleed down or a bypass for overheating on the Genesis. Could be as simple as greasing the regulator, which I have done already to my Thermalwave Vortec. It did help quiet down the pumping system.

You're looking for Jim Nape of Guarenteed Cleaning 708-390-0593. Jim was the creator of the Genesis and Powerclean line of TM's. If he doesn't know, I don't think anyone would.
You're looking for Jim Nape of Guarenteed Cleaning 708-390-0593. Jim was the creator of the Genesis and Powerclean line of TM's. If he doesn't know, I don't think anyone would.

Name
Lee Stockwell
On units with either onboard water or a waterbox the discharge from the regulator is plumbed into one of those non-pressurized vessels.

If the discharge loops back to the pump inlet with no relief valve then system heat can build and cause problems too.

J

JS41035

If the pressure slowly increases. Then returns to 500psi when you key the wand, I would say it is a problem with the regulator. The return line to the low press side of pump (or to the waterbox) is restricted. On a 405 the regulator has a built in bypass that is basically allowing water to return to waterbox even if the regulator is cranked all the way to the highest psi. It keeps the pressure below 1200 to 1500psi. In your situation I would definitely look at regulator. Take the stem out put some dielectric grease on it.

Reactions: rwcarpet

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Justin he mentioned that he changed the regulator. Have you seen this problem even with a new reg?

J

JS41035

No. When he says new regulator. Does he mean the entire assembly or just o rings? I actually have a PDF on a 2008 or 9 Genesis. I'll dig it up.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Thank you guys for the help. The problem is fixed.
The pressure reg. unloader went bad so I got a new one. I bought the same numbers, same specs, same company made pressure reg. side by side you cant tell any difference at all. Since it was the same pressure reg I assumed it would hook up the same. Unloader coming out the top. After beating myself over the head for several days I tried hooking it up with the unloader coming out the back and it works perfect...........go figure. Same part hooked up two different ways????? I would have never thought.

thanks again

Back
Top Bottom