Powerclean Truck Mount Owners

ciangura

I posted earlier about my issues. I think it is the thermostat because it got to 270 again and shut down and I only had the thermostat at 30 and the water was boiling.

Another Question for you guys that own a freedom: Is it normal for the HG Vac guage to only be at 10 when you clean, I thought it should be at 15. I get between 8-10. Just wondering if I should have that looked at too.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I would say it should be between 8-10 with the hose connected running at cleaning speed under no load. I run mine at 2150 rpms and it reads 10 before I connect the wand .

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
It could be the thermo but not necessarily. The thermo may just need to be adjusted. Does the diverter engaged indicator light come on? If it does, is the diverter actually moving open and closed? The actuator needs vacuum to one side to open the diverter and then to the other side to close it. Have you called PCI? They can e-mail instructions to adjust the thermo and advice how to diagnois the problem.

R

R W

I have the same problems....occationally...with my 5 year old Genesis 59. It will divert as called for, but when the inside of the truck gets too hot, it seems to forget to divert. I get out to the truck when that wand starts starts "hissin". I know it's at 240 or above by then. I just cool it down a bit, and it runs as usual....till the truck gets too hot again. I been keepin a fan running in the truck on hot, humid days to help keep the inside heat cooler.

ciangura

I also have my drieaz fan in the trailer and it does not help. It is better when I run at a lower rpm but still gets hot. Is it typical to have 240+ water temp when you have the thermostat at 30? Is the water temp suppose to be what you set it at like 180 and the guage says 180? I am new to truck mounts.

I am going to call Powerclean in the morning about the diverter issue, maybe that is it.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
My Victory has a light so I assumed the Freedom would also. Whwn the light goes on I know that at least the thermo is telling the actuator's controller to open the valve.
If my thermo is set a 230 it will stay at 230. If I put the wand down for a condsiderable time it will go up about 20-30 degrees even with diverter engaged.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom