Powerhead

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I have an old ( read antique ), CMX-20, this is the slow speed 90 rpm model complete with power module, made for Clean Master by Hydra Master.

It has served me well over the last fifteen or so years.

Apart from the annoying knob tensioner for the height adjustement, and I won't talk about the stupid little wheels which means that it must be carried upstairs.

So now I find myself looking for a replacement for this fine workhorse.

I'm looking for something lighter in weight to compensate for my own.

I was sort of half interested in the rotary DriMaster, but after reading so much negativity about them, I am no longer interested.

The normal Rotary will also be to heavy for what I have in mind.

This brings me down to the Rotovac 360.

The older Rotovac doesn't appeal to me ergonomically.

Can someone that has actually owned one & used it for some time, give me an honest appraisal of this machine.

Are there any other similar type machines on the market, they also need to be 220/240 volt, 50hz, compliant.

The body is getting worn down, so I don't think that the Greenhorn would cut the mustard with me anymore.

Okay, so I'm also a lazy bugger, but that's the way i like it. :wink: :lol:

Thanks,

Shorty.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I would recommend a 175 and a glided Ti wand. I found this combination was much superior to my RX20 which I haven't used in 15 years.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Art Kelley said:
I would recommend a 175 and a glided Ti wand. I found this combination was much superior to my RX20 which I haven't used in 15 years.

Art, Since I brought the "175's"...back into the arsenal...My RX 20's...never come off the truck..!!!
We use the same combo...that you described...!!!!

However....If Shorty is going to wrestle with a 175....He might as well use his CMX 20 ...!!!!!

Shorty & I are getting a "little long in the tooth"..."Those Rotary's get heavier each day.."

Shorty,
If i had to clean again.....Here is what I would use...!!!!
I would absolutly use the Rotary Drymaster...The are LIGHT..& Fold up for EASY loading & unloading....The ONLY draw back to the RDM.....is on an heavily soiled carpet...they lack in
ability to aggitate....!!!!

They do FLUSH the carpet VERY WELL...& great dry times...! They are very easy to operate
& the LOW profile...allows you to go under & around furniture with EASE....I personially would
use a HOST machine for AGGITATION.."Lightweight"...!

The Host & the RDM...would be my DUO...of choice...!!!!!!!

Greenie

360 would probably work fine for shorty, just get some real glides for it, and have your local welder replace the 1.5" Stainless nipple with a 2".

Dunno about the 220-240v though?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thank you all.

The 360 does come in a 240 v version.

Ta,

Shortwun

Name
Nate W.
Greenie said:
360 would probably work fine for shorty, just get some real glides for it, and have your local welder replace the 1.5" Stainless nipple with a 2".

Dunno about the 220-240v though?

I asked Odin about changing the 1 1/2" to 2" and I got a "Is your customers going to know the difference of 5mins less dry time?" I always look for better dry times..... but it did get me thinking, if I did the 2" nipple, then the only other restriction would be at the glide/carpet interface. Then, you only can flush so much water with the rv360. Time equals money.

I used the original rotovac for years. It did leave the carpet more wet then the rv360... The rv360 is a nicer movement with less water flow. I have the green glides on both the original and rv360. The thing that does irritated me is the drip and I didn't do the Fast Eddie upgrade yet. I'd do the Fast Eddie conversion that Greenie approves on. You'll know what I mean after using one.

Keep in mind that I don't set out to break any speed records. I do work on the slow side. If your used to using power heads when cleaning, then go for it. If not, you do have to realize that you need that extra power cord to power it. Not a problem, just a pain when you have 2 cords portable, 1 cord mytee heater box, and powerhead. That being said, a GFI plug works great for the powerhead, because you can't plug any other piece of equipment into them, except your vacuum if you use one. Finding separate curciuts is a pain, but a way of life with the porty use.

Also, Rotovac should make upgrades to 2" from the factory. It's not a hard thing to do. But it just reinforces that there business plan is set for the portable crowd. Hopefully, more manufactures will take the Mytee way and start listening to the customers. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom