Powermatic problems (need help).

JFRASER

I own a powermatic 2100 and it pulsates off and on. I have modifided it some by removing the stock chem tank. I also have changed pulse hose to standard 3/8 hose from pump to gauge, Steam Way said this should not make a differance. I have tryed everything, when I force water into system the pulse stops. Can anyone help me?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
JFRASER said:
I own a powermatic 2100 and it pulsates off and on. I have modifided it some by removing the stock chem tank. I also have changed pulse hose to standard 3/8 hose from pump to gauge, Steam Way said this should not make a differance. I have tryed everything, when I force water into system the pulse stops. Can anyone help me?

what's a "pulse hose"?

and what "pulsates" off and on?
the pump?

"when I force water into system the pulse stops. "

you mean when you unplug the water box at the plenum and drirect connect a garden hose there?

if so, plug in, turn the water on, but leave the TM OFF.
Look for water leaks.
If you see any, that's a air leak when the TM is running and that's why your pump is pulsating.

side note.. curious why you removed the chem tank?
and did the pulsating probs start after you removed the tank?

..L.T.A.

JFRASER

A pulse hose is a hose made to reduce pulsation w/o a dampner. a soft hose.

I took my stock tank off and made a 5g holder in its place so i can change rinse.

I hooked garden hose to #7 inlet to check for leeks, thats how i know it dosent pusate whan i run trk w/ pres on. it only does it when it draws water on its own and if not cleaning for several min. then my hoses start jumping around. i have rebuilt the pump, new regulater, ect. and i dont see any leaks.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
JFRASER said:
I hooked garden hose to #7 inlet to check for leeks, thats how i know it dosent pusate whan i run trk w/ pres on. it only does it when it draws water on its own and if not cleaning for several min. then my hoses start jumping around.

sounds to me like you're sucking air some where then.
I'd "guess" somewhere along the new chem feed system you routed

and I'll ask again, did this just start after the chem jug mod or was it running fine for some time after the mod?

..L.T.A.

JFRASER

Its been a problem for a while, before the tank swap. If it is a air leak it must be small, i cant seem to find it. My heater will fire too when the hoses start to jump, it sputters and my chem meter looks like its drawing when im not cleaning.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
JFRASER said:
My heater will fire too when the hoses start to jump, it sputters and my chem meter looks like its drawing when im not cleaning.

ahhhh....check the warm up/missing chem jug fill up valve

..L.T.A.

DavidVB

I had this exact problem years ago. I would check the 3 way warm up valve. I’d bet it is leaking which is why your heater is firing and the chemical is flowing. I’d also bet you have at least one and likely several air leaks.

Removing the solution tank is not the problem. Often the little QDs at the solution tank leak air. I got rid of them years ago. I also went to 5 gallon cubes to change solution.

I had similar problems repeatedly with my Powermatics. Check your QDs on the water manifold block. Vibration makes them wear. When you back pressure them to check for leaks, they sometimes don’t leak, but when sucking they leak. Same with the cheap white plastic water filter that connects to the block.

Powermatics are a nightmare when it comes to sucking air. My first one in 1993 was a 2001 and it was a great machine. I had 3 2100s that were all way too much trouble. I got so sick of the last 2 that I sold them both with only 600 hours on them. I hope you have a qualified technician in your area. If not, call Jeff at Steam Way Express. He is the best around that I know of for Powermatics unless you can reach Henry or Brent.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom