Powermax Dilution w/ Spraymaster

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
On the tub it says 8 oz per gallon for "prespray".

I'm looking for the dilution for my Spraymaster inline sprayer

Part Number: 100SINT Standard 9-1 Injector, Hose, Lance with 6505 spraying tip, Gun, 5qt jug

How many scoops/oz?

Ty

Jim Martin said he just uses a cup. If it doesn't clean with 8 oz in your jug, the powder is no good.

I use two to three scoops of powerstrike and 1 oz of conquest citrus (lime or orange scent). Cuts like a champ.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
At 9:1, you will be making a total of around 12 gallons of prespray.
How many ounces per gallon do you want your pre-spray at?

Oz per gallon desired times total gallons (12), so if you want your spray at 2oz per gallon, (times 12), you would need 24 oz powder.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Goomer said:
At 9:1, you will be making a total of around 12 gallons of prespray.
How many ounces per gallon do you want your pre-spray at?

Oz per gallon desired times total gallons (12), so if you want your spray at 2oz per gallon, (times 12), you would need 24 oz powder.

yea i was gonna say that 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Hi Bill;

The range for my TM customers varies from:

8 oz./5 qt. Inline Sprayer Container
to
12 oz./5 qt. Inline Sprayer Container

The included scoop is 2 oz.

I would change the tip to an #8006 for quicker prespraying,
and better draw @ high temps.

Thanks;

Larry

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Larry Cobb said:
Hi Bill;

The range for my TM customers varies from:

8 oz./5 qt. Inline Sprayer Container
to
12 oz./5 qt. Inline Sprayer Container

The included scoop is 2 oz.

I would change the tip to an #8006 for quicker prespraying,
and better draw @ high temps.

Thanks;

Larry

Assuming he does not change the tip, more like 16-24 oz range.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Goomer said:
floorguy said:
yea i was gonna say that 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Actually, I think that's your formula, isn't it?

ha it could be....but i didnt think i made that much sense when i get deep like that.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
This picture is of a restaurant we did a week ago. This is 2 scoops of Powermax and Grease Eraser combined, total 4 ounces in a hydroforce. 10 minutes dwell, 750 psi, 230 ATM water temp. I couldn't imagine the residue one would leave if they mixed 8-24 ounces per hydroforce!
FredPicsJuly21st005.jpg

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
The sprayer dilutes at 9:1. In a 5 qt container you'll spray out 45 quarts or 11.25 gallons of pre-spray when the jug empties. So if you want to mix it at 8oz per gallon, you would use 90 (8x11.25) oz of product the rest water.

2oz per gallon would be 23(rounded up) oz of product, 3oz/gal is 34 oz(rounded up)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
Jim Martin said he just uses a cup. If it doesn't clean with 8 oz in your jug, the powder is no good.

I use two to three scoops of powerstrike and 1 oz of conquest citrus (lime or orange scent). Cuts like a champ.

there is not a pre-spray out there that the dilution that is printed on it is correct for what we run into on a daily bases.......

I mix mine a cup to a cup and a half in a 7 quart sprayer.....and I don't use a metering tip.....
but I also don't flood the carpet with pre-spray....

Why aren't the right mixing instructions on the jug? no one is using it at 8 oz per gallon , what am I missing here?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Yep, if most are only added a cup to a cup and half like Jim, they're really only using 8-12 ounces of product per jug.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
So with the 05 tip I would need to use double the dilution of a 06 tip, 16oz?

Looks like Billy got great results with just 4oz of product on a trashed grease job.

Name
Nate W.
Padden McFadden said:
Why aren't the right mixing instructions on the jug? no one is using it at 8 oz per gallon , what am I missing here?

People won't buy more if they use less... blowme I liked powermax but the dilution ratio it said to use for a pump up or electric sprayer was ridiculous... Plus the shipping of $25/gallon didn't make much sense to order it. I use more local stock.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Andy;

No prespray has correct dilutions for every conceivable carpet cleaning extractor . . .

If you start with a single vac, 50 PSI portable, you will need a much stronger prespray (6-8 oz./gal.) and several rinse strokes.

As the machine power goes up, the amount of prespray required decreases.

Firebreather TMs can use about 1 oz./gallon, when mixed with hot water in an inline sprayer
(1 cup in container before dilution).

Larry

I get what your saying Larry, But why do you have the lable say 8 oz per gallon, when you know that it's the dilution for a 50 psi portable,??

I don't think many guys are buying powermax to use with their 2 gallon spot extracter. In Fact , I would go so far as to say that most have Truck mounts or high power portables, yet if they follow the lable they would be mixing it at 8oz , When you say they should be mixing it at 1 oz, or 4oz or I just don't get it.

Unless a guy comes on this board and learns the dilution from you and other users he would have no Idea what he should mix it at other than what the lable says ( 8oz per gallon) wich according to you is way to high for most all of us.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
If after a week in this business if someone needs dilution directions for anything thwy buy it is time for a career change imo.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I've had a long week and I'm just trying to know what to dilute this product into my 5 quart sprayer, I have never had a manufacturer tell me it depends on your cleaning system, this is the first, trying to make this as simple as possible so I can go on w/ my life and actually clean some carpets, I would've gone w/ other products but decided to give PM a try, so far I've gotten several different answers. When I looked @ other chems that cleaners here use they all have simple dilutions on the bottles, no where did it mention anything about what cleaning machine you use will depend on how much product you use.

Grease eater - In a regular hydroforce (1:9) add 16 oz and the rest water.
Masterblend Redline - For an in-line sprayer mix 6 scoops (6 ounces) per 5 quarts water.
02 Prespray - hydroforce 15oz per jug, fill the rest w/ water.
Powermax - one said 4oz, Larry says 8-12, other users say 16-23?

I have no problem using @ 1oz or 16oz, if it does the job, I'll use it, if I can save some $ by using a lower dilution, that's good business sense as well, but not my top priority right at the moment.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
tmdry said:
I've had a long week and I'm just trying to know what to dilute this product into my 5 quart sprayer, I have never had a manufacturer tell me it depends on your cleaning system, this is the first, trying to make this as simple as possible so I can go on w/ my life and actually clean some carpets, I would've gone w/ other products but decided to give PM a try, so far I've gotten several different answers. When I looked @ other chems that cleaners here use they all have simple dilutions on the bottles, no where did it mention anything about what cleaning machine you use will depend on how much product you use.

Grease eater - In a regular hydroforce (1:9) add 16 oz and the rest water.
Masterblend Redline - For an in-line sprayer mix 6 scoops (6 ounces) per 5 quarts water.
02 Prespray - hydroforce 15oz per jug, fill the rest w/ water.
Powermax - one said 4oz, Larry says 8-12, other users say 16-23?

Your absolutely right.
Larry, you need to re-write your dilution reccomendations.
It would help greatly if you could include a reccomendation for pump sprayers, for a 4:1 sprayers, and a 8:1 sprayer, like everyone else, since they seem to be the most common. And it may be best to totally remove that 8oz per gallon reference from all your printed material, as it's not practical and just adds to the confusion.
I'm not bashing you at all, as you have a great product, but there seems to be TOO many questions about your reccomendations for PM, and your answers just seem to complicate the matter.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Lee Stockwell said:
Test test test.

I've found that with the good products you can use less than recommended if you apply it evenly

yup or a little more if you are in a nasty....

i tweak it all over the map.....from 2-4 oz avg and up to 6-8 oz on nastys....thats per gallon for an electric....

20-40ish oz in my hydro

Jamesh921

Name
James
20-40 oz per Hydraforce? WOW!!!

I run 6 scoops (12 oz) in my HF and it cleans very well, even on the nasties. I do, however, sometimes ad a couple ounces of Cobbs Solvent as a booster on the REALLY nasties.

On rare occasions I will ad another scoop or two to the HF, but only when I have no booster on the truck.

Adding more than that makes me nervous. Don't want to leave residue in the carpet.

I do believe this is how this product is commonly used. Or, at least close to these ratios, and most people seem to be happy with it. I know I am.

James

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Jamesh921 said:
I run 6 scoops (12 oz) in my HF and it cleans very well, even on the nasties. I do, however, sometimes ad a couple ounces of Cobbs Solvent as a booster on the REALLY nasties.

James

Gosh darnit!!

Will everyone PLEASE include your sprayer ratio and quart size with your oz reccomendations.

20+++ oz makes perfect sense when you are using a 8:1 5 quart sprayer, after all your end result is over 11 gallons of prespray.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Goomer said:
Jamesh921 said:

James

Gosh darnit!!

Will everyone PLEASE include your sprayer ratio and quart size with your oz reccomendations.

20+++ oz makes perfect sense when you are using a 8:1 5 quart sprayer, after all your end result is over 11 gallons of prespray.

shit thats cuz i dunno.....which is why i like my electric....

it doesnt have a tip

so i would assume it is drawing like hell....i just now it covers about the same area as my 10 gallon electric does....which is why i figure that 2-6 oz spread....now granted if its nasty...i dont put 60 oz in :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: i bust out the electric....i am right around 1 or 2 measuring cups (they are 20 oz)...makes it real easy..

who knows maybe i am the dumb ass here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jamesh921

Name
James

Sorry there Goomer,
You're right - I'll try to be more specific.

I use a 5 quart HF that is set at a 4:1 ratio.

With that said, I do have one other adjustment - it's common sense (not being a smarty pants, just making a statement).

This is not new information, just what we cleaners have learned over the years on how to do our best at getting the best results, which is applying MORE chem to the dirtier areas and less chem to the not-so-dirty areas.
Just like we sometimes scrub the traffic areas, it just needs more attention to get a better result.

Someone earlier posted that they use less chem than that - maybe that's becuase they have a clientelle that does not require more chem because their carpets aren't as dirty. It's all relevant, and we just have to figure out what dilution ratio is required for each individual job.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Jamesh921 said:
Sorry there Goomer,
You're right - I'll try to be more specific.

I use a 5 quart HF that is set at a 4:1 ratio.

No problem James, this topic is just starting to bug me for some reason.
I only say that because until I started paying more attention to my mixing and dilution factors, I was easially confused by everyone throwing numbers around without all the variables.
If your running at 4:1 your putting aout about 6 gallons total. Using 12 oz puts you right at 2oz gallon which is right around where you want to be according to my pirate reccomendations.

Jamesh921 said:
With that said, I do have one other adjustment - it's common sense (not being a smarty pants, just making a statement).

This is not new information, just what we cleaners have learned over the years on how to do our best at getting the best results, which is applying MORE chem to the dirtier areas and less chem to the not-so-dirty areas.
Just like we sometimes scrub the traffic areas, it just needs more attention to get a better result.

That makes perfect sense.
I guess it works fine if there are varying soil levels, but with an evenly trashed restaurant or similar where you have to blast everything, and only have a 8:1er at your disposal, to maintain the 2oz/gal, you gotta go 20+.

Also, if you could get away with less that 2oz per gallon, more power to you, but at only 20 bucks a tub, I think 2oz per gallon is a bargain.

Bill,
It's some were between 1 oz per gallon and 8 oz per gallon. Just play around with it, after 10 jobs you'll figure what you need. That's what real pro's do. We don't need no stinkin dilution recomendations,. Toss 3 to 240 scoops in, fill with water and see what happens.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i dont even use those damn scoops....id like to get cleaning at some point....and not scooping :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom