PowerMax with Fruit Slice

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I started using PM earlier this year as my pre-spray. I like it.

My last order of PM happened to be about the time Larry Cobb was coming out with PM with his fruit slice deodorizer mixed in. I got one of the first 45lb buckets, from what I understood at the time. I ordered it because Larry had been talking it up.

After using the PM/fruit slice for 2-3 months or so, as many of you are, what's your opinion about it? At first I thought it was okay. By okay I am talking about the smell. It is a bit different than the original, sweeter is how I'd describe it. When I first started using it I had a couple of customers comment on the smell, saying it smelled good.

I've noticed however over the last couple of months that I actually get very few comments about the good smell of the fruit slice mixture versus what seemed like constant comments from customers about the good smell of the original mixture. I don't know if I've just gotten use to it but even I don't really smell it as much as I think I did at first.

The results of both versions work the same. No complaints there.

I'm going back to the original PowerMax fragrance when I run out of the fruit slice version. In fact I'd encourage Larry to UP the original scent if he could.

I've read several times on here where Larry comments on how much customers and carpet cleaners LOVE the fruit slice version. What are all you girls/guys thinking about the fruit slice version of PowerMax??

Lonny

Supportive Member
I also noticed that the original scent seemed to linger longer. At least my nose didn't get used to it as fast.

hogjowl

Idiot™
What I think is Larry changed the smell because his sales of the original were slowing.

He either had to change the smell, or go up to 16 oz's per gallon on the label.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I've noticed that when I mix citrus solv with the fruit slice PM is smells amazing. That's when I get comments about the smell. I don't get as many compliments about the smell as I used to.
I didn't know there was a choice on the smells..??
I think it cleans the same, and that's the end result I'm after.

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I've noticed that when I mix citrus solv with the fruit slice PM is smells amazing. That's when I get comments about the smell. I don't get as many compliments about the smell as I used to.
I didn't know there was a choice on the smells..??
I think it cleans the same, and that's the end result I'm after.

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

How many/much citrus solv are you adding Charlie?

I agree - end result is the most important.

Last edited:

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I called 2 months ago to order PM. The guy I talked to had no clue there was a new scent in the PM. He said, " I know theres a new scent called Fruit Slice but its not in the PM." (add uneducated Texas drawl here) I told him to never mind then I will stick with the original scent. Guess what shows up? Two 45lbs pails of the Fruit slice PM. I dont mind it. My nose is broke anymore anyway. Works great!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Barry;

Thanks for your feedback.

Let's discuss the fragrances in more detail.

The dominant fragrance in PowerMax has always been the d'Limonene.

We order partial truckloads of this raw material.

The fragrance of this citrus solvent varies dependent on;

1. Time of the year; winter supplies come from Brazil, while summer supplies come from Florida, Texas & California.
2. Growing conditions (rainfall & temperatures) of the orange crop.
3. Variety of the orange (3 or 4 predominant)

We do quality control on each shipment for fragrance & cleaning ability.

Some batches do not meet our standards and are returned.

Usually cleaning is consistent, but fragrance does vary from season to season (even with experienced growers).

One consequence of this variation is in the "orange juice" that many people drink routinely.

All of the major marketers of orange juice, now add artificial flavors specific to their "brand".

This is so the juice tastes the same throughout the year.

So that brings us back to additional fragrance in the PowerMax.

We have always tried to pioneer fragrance trends in the carpet cleaning industry.

We stock over 30 fragrance compounds to formulate with.

Our Dynachem OdorSolv products have been fast growers in this market.

That is where the Fruit Slice fragrance was introduced.

It scored better than any other fragrance we have ever introduced,

including Cherry, Lemon, Peach, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Mint, and many others.

This testing was done with women in panel testing.

We started this testing when we were disgusted with the original Odor-Cide "fragrance" years ago.

That led to our Dynacide product with an improved fragrance.

The Fruit Slice fragrance also scored very well in our "odor fatigue" testing.

This is how people react to "prolonged exposure" to a fragrance.

It seemed to be a fragrance that people did not get tired of like a typical "cherry" fragrance.

And for Richard, some of these SOLVENTS are in medical testing for "beneficial" properties.

Anyway, the amount of fruit slice versus the older fragrance blend,

is very minor in the overall blend of fragrance in the PowerMax package.

I think most customers are noticing the "decreased fragrance" of the seasonal variations in the d'Limonene,

rather than the added fragrance of the Fruit Slice.

Larry

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Barry;

And for Richard, some of these SOLVENTS are in medical testing for "benficial" properties.

Larry

Lol...now I regret not making the "I'm surprised Larry isn't saying they cure disease" in the other thread.............

GzxVpstFwnx2i1xiEYM2rZ2h

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
And for Richard, some of these SOLVENTS are in medical testing for "benficial" properties
I guess some people just love pulling on a Tigers tail. Dumbass people!

Read it and weep. I guess there is no real worry though............unless you're a rat or a mouse.

Right? :eekk:

http://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/ntp/htdocs/LT_rpts/tr519.pdf

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/87-104/default.html

Look through this list, just a decade or so ago these were consider within premissable limits for exposure. NOW they are on the black list.

I wonder how save the OMS and others will be seen in 10-more years. Yea after exposing your body to them. :neutral:

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I guess some people just love pulling on a Tigers tail. Dumbass people!

Read it and weep. I guess there is no real worry though............unless you're a rat or a mouse.

Right? :eekk:

Some of the rats might be smarter in this discussion (and have fewer head deformities):
image.php

Stoddard Solvent has several aromatic solvents in the product (think toluene paint odor).

These are harmful to breathe for "6 hours" every day of your life.

OMS has these "aromatic solvents" removed to MAKE it odorless.

Our premium solvents have less risks than OMS.

I have also talked to a few ER doctors who use solvents frequently to reduce damage on spinal cord injuries.

Good athletic trainers also use them to prevent damage from severe bruising .

DO NOT categorize all solvents as harmful.

Larry

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]-->
Some of the rats might be smarter in this discussion (and have fewer head deformities).
I'm sorry if I can't compete with you intellectually, you see I breathed vapors from drycleaning solvents for many decades. :cry:

DO NOT categorize all solvents as harmful.
Now you're labeling me. I think Polar solvents are fairly safe. :p

I'd love to stay and play but the Hawks play the Lobos at the Sprint Center in KC and I've got to fly! :icon_cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> I'm sorry if I can't compete with you intellectually, you see I breathed vapors from drycleaning solvents for many decades. :cry:

Now you're labeling me. I think Polar solvents are fairly safe. :p

Here is a polar solvent that you probably overused :

CH[SUB]3[/SUB]-CH[SUB]2[/SUB]-OH

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
oh shit, you're not going to use that on your website are you?

If so override they sound with music. Most nice homeowners would freAk on that BANG.

Name
Todd
Ya knew that was going to be an issue, lol I will put an audio track over it, thanks

It was the last job of the day and I just wanted to get the rat hole done. Its a new wand and still getting used to it. John Olson sent me a green glide already I just haven't put it on yet. I don't know if I am going to either.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Here is a polar solvent that you probably overused :

CH[SUB]3[/SUB]-CH[SUB]2[/SUB]-OH

Larry
WRONG....as usual. :oldrolleyes:

I DON'T drink, smoke or do drugs. I've already told you this once. Perhaps the solvents have affected your short term memory??? You know the "not as toxic" one's.

You make contradictive statements. On one hand you make claims of how safe your solvent protector and solvent sealer are, but then you say. "Not as TOXIC"of a solvent is used in the sealer. So the protector is more toxic than the sealer. Yea that makes a lot of sense. Safe products with toxic chems in them. :oldrolleyes:

FredC

Village Idiot
Quit being an ahole Chavez.

Larry, How much Isopar C Fluid should I huff to help with my shoulder pain?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Good job on the Berber. We have always had good sucess gettin berber like that clean, well at first, it is always the next day that the spots sometimes wick back. When the spots wick I offer to return and cimex it. 100% success doing that.

This was PowerMax slicing though a greasy rental berber carpet yesterday.:rockon:

http://youtu.be/NuBKY10f-Hw

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Sam;

I fairly sure that was a ProChem Ti wand Todd was using.

Didn't notice many spills on the carpet.

Looked like he had fairly good heat, so IF the carpet dried fairly quickly . . .

wicking should not be an issue.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom