Powr-Flite Floor Machines

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Anyone have one of these BlackMax Floor Machines? I'm considering getting one but I need to know how durable they are. IOW are they worth the 1K it will set you back? I would be getting one mostly for prescrubbing but at some point I'd like to try some encap- see if its all that. Is the 320 speed intended for hard surfaces? Thanks

http://www.powrflite.com/istore/floorma ... 7&sku=B172

B171.jpg

CarpetKING

I have a 20' low speed Classic power-Flite that i paid $450 for brand new. You can find a MUCH better deal on a new Power-Flite. They are not the most durable brand if you are gonna use it regularly - I would go with a more established brand - especially given the 1k price. I would never pay a G for a Power-Flite. That being said I bought mine bout 3 years ago and have no problems with mine - I use for stripping floors - but maybe use 8-10 times a year.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I've had my 175 rpm powerflite for about 15 years. It has never had any problems. It gets used mostly for scrubbing but I will occasionally bonnet a carpet. I'm sure there are better units but I like the fact that it is light.

Gene

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have a Tennant 175/300 speed and it has the handle adjustment at the top so you don't have to bend down and adjust it all the time.

Take my word on it that its one of the best purchases I have ever made.
It cost me $1200 new and worth every penny.

Buy your equipment based on quality and not price.

Bonnet cleaning has never been more fun.

cbcsi

Yes you can use 300 rpm machine to do hard floor work. 175 is better for stripping and waxing.

In my humble opinion the powerflite will likely be a repair issue. I use a subline of Nobles called Blue star. They are good contractor grade machines. Might look for one.

If you really want to do hard floor work IMHO the best bet is a 15 year old Clark Floor Maintainer the FM series is a machine that you can't kill. I don't know that I wold buy a new one though.

Name
John LaBarbera
I like the adjustment on top myself. We just finished designing a new floor machine and will be in production shortly. We will have 2 sizes, 17" and 20". Both have the 1.5 HP with triple planetary gears,175 RPM. We made a handle adjustment on top like the old Advance Matadors, but much more robust. I think that they will sell for about $650.00 with the pad holder. We are also going to make a 20" 1750 RPM burnisher with the same handle adjustment. They will all be at Connections in LV in September.

The Preacher

just make sure it's a 1.5hp motor no matter which manufacturer you buy from.

my fav's are Advance & Clarke (same company makes them) go to home depot and rent a Clarke machine, you'll see the quality and how well they hold up to abuse from renters.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Nothing like bringing a beat up 20 year old buffer in to impress your customers.

:shock:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
listen to the all knowing eyeball.

if i were you, i'd get me a 2-speed Tennant

TimP

What is the best all around machine to get to do VCT and also be able to do polishing if need be. I'll probably keep it on the truck to do carpet too.

So far, clarke, and tennant sound like reputable machines.

Also as far as an electric burnisher to get started, what's recommended. And if any of you suppliers see this and can make me a deal I'm all ears.

I'm planning on installing some vct at our carpet store in our warehouse or showroom and practice doing the work before I start doing jobs. But I need to get the equipment first and these two are the most important. I already have a shop vac. I'll also need mops and buckets and all that stuff too. But the above are the biggest purchases so I'd rather make a good decision on them.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Whatever you get, get the dual speed 175/300 rpm 1.5hp it is very versatile machine. 300rpm machine with shampoo tank is faster at encapping then a cimex any day. I had both. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom