Pre-Scrubbing - What color (colour?) pads?

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
70% of my work is CGD or carpet squares

What color pad for pre-scrubbing could I use that would out perform my crappy brush attachment, and not be too harsh? allot of my jobs are 3 week rotation and are trashed.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
white is probably the "safest" for all loop piles
beige/hog hair are next up in aggressive level.
Red are for more experienced users and should be used with caution (and PLENTY pre-spray lube)
Actually, plenty pre-spray lube is important with any/all pads
Green, is very aggressive and should only be used be by very experienced users that know when and where to use them

the safest and more effective than shampoo brush (IMO) is a pre-spray saturated synthetic green striped scrub bonnet.
Saturate the bonnet w/ pre-spray, pre-spray the carpet, and it can be used safely by pret'near any rookie on any carpet you'll typically encounter in res and com.

IMO, the scrub bonnets are on par with white VCT pads
Scrub bonnets and red pads are what we use 90% of the time

..L.T.A.

ErikG

What are you pre spraying with O2 and hot sauce also or like Encap.. that prespray that dries with crystals and bonnet over that..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ErikG said:
What are you pre spraying with O2 and hot sauce also or like Encap.. .

me??
we use what ever pre-spray we've determined we need.
if stain resist, we use SR compatible juice

On a heavy soiled com, salvage rag or olefin/poly it's our current favorite nuke juice..Prochem Powerburst.

regardless, any pre-spray you use will benefit from a roto scrub and make things "POP" on the heavy soiled stuff.
Especially soiled olefin com.
the more soiled the com, more benefit you'll see.

as far encRap/bonnet cleaning juices, if encRapping/bonnet cleaning is to be used as a stand alone maintenance/appearance method and not flush/rinse extracted after the scrub, then you should use the encRapoos.
if extracted after the scrub, no need for them IMO.
just scrub and extract what ever pre-spray you use and prefer.

..L.T.A.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i use a brown/ tan pad on cgd. works great. and i just use the worn out ones on residential, i use them until the drive blocks brissiles looks like its gonna pop threw. i get mine at pembertons because my local dist for floor pads doesnt carry anything even close.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
11111.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ErikG said:
Do you pads on all your homes you clean or just as needed per job.

as needed
It's over kill in most res we see and just not needed 90% of the time
It's additional cost as well.
if we have to bring in a rotary to get them clean, I consider that "restoration" cleaning

In the sec 8 empties, apts and rentals we see, that's another matter.
cause much of that IS restoration cleaning.
We scrub many of those (on the top paying accounts anyway)

Com is one place where we roto scrub "most" all carpets.
It's hard for me to get the price I want for pre-spray and extract.
I get less resistance to our pricing for com when I sell them a roto scrub and extract.

And if it's a trashed com, i won't offer any kind of satisfaction assurance if they don't choose the scrub and extract

..L.T.A.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
very similar. I would worry with any pad. I use an older mercury 175 that weighs a ton

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
yes I do. I have used pads on some commercial but most always it is a trimmed brush

TimP

Most of the time a pad is not needed. A good prespray....sprayed properly as in enough to coat the fiber.....and good dwell time is usually all you need. If you have some spots a bit more spray and a kick with the shoe is good for small areas. If you have a good sized traffic area then a good scrub with a pad helps. I only use white pads but I carry a red pad but haven't had to use is since I rely on chemistry more so for my cleaning.

If you can't get most spots up with a spray kick and suck then either scrub with a 175/crb or do like I do and use an emulsifier....a non soil attracting one of course. And if that do it then a scrub is necesary....and you should be able to tell with experience.

With a grease pit you do need a scrub and make sure you are giving all of each of the 4 aspects to cleaning. Temperature, agitation, chemistry, and dwell time. That's the way I see it. And a good flush from a high flow wand doesn't hurt.

And my take on more aggresive pads means you don't have to spend as much time scrubbing....you can use any you like or feel comfortable but I'd start at white/beige and go up from there as you get a feel for what you're doing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom