PRE SPRAY AGGITATION

theden

I realize pre scrubbing with a 175 is very effective but I'm not really interested in bringing up a 100 pound machine anymore. Has anyone found a really effective way to pre-aggitate with something light? I think Ron Werner uses a Sebo but don't know much about them. If anyone has found the answer it would be helpful.

-JB-

Name
JB
The sebo. $500, give me a break though! :roll:

seboMachine.jpg

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
A lot of us bought windsor dri matic which is the same as rons sebo for 118 delivered. I am impressed with it. I am in the same boat, bringing in the 175 was getting to me. They are great for mechanical aggitation.

John Watson

Hey Dennis, I think I told you about the small rotary foe $3-350 I got from Jon Dons when we did SFS together. Helen can pack it in for me if needed, only needed once or twice every 50-60 jobs.

G

HP Turbocat Turbine Powerhead

Last I knew hesoinc.com had it for like $60

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
An Oreck orbital can work on resi. You can get them on e-bay.

They are great for steps and walkways.

TimP

I'm was fortunate to get the windsor drimatic/sebo thing on e-bay a few weeks ago. I used it today even, it's light weight and quicker than using my rx with a pad driver to scrub. It lifts the pile up and probably cleans better than not using a scrubber. Although it's hard to tell but in high traffic areas, if the carpet is trashed probably best to get out a big scrubber. But the crb drimatic does better than a rake for sure and much quicker. That's my take on it anyhow. I don't know if I could say it's worth 500.... not much to it for sure. I wish a company would come out with something a bit more heavy duty but also not break the bank like a whittaker. And those who bought a procaps/icapsol have been finding out they aren't that heavy duty.

Steve in Omaha said:
I use a Prochem Procaps CRB machine (30lbs aprox).
Good for pre-scrubbing res carpet but the machine is a piece of crap that is made in China. They charge way to much for brushes and it break all the time.

Buy a Mist-n-Brush much higher quality.

-JB-

Name
JB
I actually use this on the "lightly soiled" and a small 13in rotary w/a 17in block and a 19in green stripped bonnet on the "nasties"

vacuumcleanerbacgs_2069_427110154

its a little small but works well enough.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I got the Winsor drimatic thing also and that thing is great! I don't know what I'll do when this thing dies maybe pay full price, :oops: as long as it's under $350.00. I bust mine out at least once a day.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I bought my Sebo about year and half ago, works great esp on the heavy t/a areas.
Its been worth the $500 I paid for it. The guys that got theirs at $100 but a great deal.

Whittaker does a great job too, maybe even a better job, but it weighs too much to pull into the house all the time. I can grab the Sebo in one hand with my fingers, grab something else with the same hand, grab some other equipment with the other hand and walk in with a full load. Its easy to use, gets up tight to the wall, and scrubs in the prespray nicely!

Rotovac

Name
Nick
Agitation is a key factor in making sure the carpets come clean and 15 years ago, the two step process of using a floor machine then coming back with a wand to clean up, was the accepted process for the dirty carpets! I do understand carrying the 80 to 100lb machine up 3 flights of stairs...did it, hated it.
Using a brush to agitate carpets does more damage to the carpet fibers than it does to work your chems into the carpets. If a brush worked well...it would be added to every wand made. The reason we all used a floor machine years ago is because it worked our chems in and agitated the fibers from all directions, a great way to loosen up the crap in the carpet, making it easy to flush out with the wand and water pressure.
Believe it or not, there are tools on the market that do make cleaning the dirty carpets (and lightly soiled ones) alot easier. They don't sell them as a novelty or paper weight, they actually are useful. It's hard to believe there are cleaners who buy a $15K truckmount and then use a $90 brush to pre-agitate carpets to work in there chems.
:shock:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Rotovac said:
Agitation is a key factor in making sure the carpets come clean and 15 years ago, the two step process of using a floor machine then coming back with a wand to clean up, was the accepted process for the dirty carpets! I do understand carrying the 80 to 100lb machine up 3 flights of stairs...did it, hated it.
Using a brush to agitate carpets does more damage to the carpet fibers than it does to work your chems into the carpets. If a brush worked well...it would be added to every wand made. The reason we all used a floor machine years ago is because it worked our chems in and agitated the fibers from all directions, a great way to loosen up the crap in the carpet, making it easy to flush out with the wand and water pressure.
Believe it or not, there are tools on the market that do make cleaning the dirty carpets (and lightly soiled ones) alot easier. They don't sell them as a novelty or paper weight, they actually are useful. It's hard to believe there are cleaners who buy a $15K truckmount and then use a $90 brush to pre-agitate carpets to work in there chems.
:shock:

How many gpm does your rotovac 360 put out with the carpet head?

CarpetKING

Dont really see much need for agitation. Even on the nastiest carpets with 240 or more heat, 650psi, and a good strong pre-spray we very rarely need any agitation and get excellent results. We always do really slow deliberate strokes and occasionally will use my shoes for agitation or a rake but very rarely.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
How much agitation would a 360 actually provide, considering it has 3 2" teflon heads/gliders, no jets just flowing water which is sucked back in as fast as it comes out? It doesn't have time to penetrate very far, just rinse off the surface, MAYBE 1/4" deep.

Ron Werner said:
How much agitation would a 360 actually provide, considering it has 3 2" teflon heads/gliders, no jets just flowing water which is sucked back in as fast as it comes out? It doesn't have time to penetrate very far, just rinse off the surface, MAYBE 1/4" deep.

That is how I felt about the rotory dry master.

Name
Eric Valentine
Each head on an originalrotovac/DHX , or the the carpet head for the 360 has three 1.5 flood jets. Each 1.5 flood jet is equivalent to a #3 teejet or veejet. This adds up to a 09 flow for the 360, or 18 flow for a dual head rotovac.

R

rotovacguy

CarpetKING said:
Dont really see much need for agitation. Even on the nastiest carpets with 240 or more heat, 650psi, and a good strong pre-spray we very rarely need any agitation and get excellent results. We always do really slow deliberate strokes and occasionally will use my shoes for agitation or a rake but very rarely.

Sorry, Bobby, but I'm going to have to really disagree with you there. Granted, I'm a POG, so I have no where near the heat of your El Diablo, and my 600 psi pump probably doesn't have the same flow as your TM pump. But even at that, with your added heat and flow, agitation is STILL needed!

Ever notice when you use a pressure washer on your vehicle, even with a diesel burner hitting temps over 250, that lots of the residue will still remain. Now go ahead and hit that same spot with a 50 cent sponge, and watch the filth come off with ease. Without that agitation, your heat and pressure mean nothing.

I agitate EVERY job with my 175. Sure, it's a pain lugging it in, but the results are second to none. I used to use a Rotovac with the brush heads for agitation, and while it did better then nothing, it didn't have the weight necessary to really work in that prespray. If your talking CGD, it was fine, but on a thick cut pile, or even berber, I'll take my 175 any day.

Ever notice when you use a pressure washer on your vehicle, even with a diesel burner hitting temps over 250, that lots of the residue will still remain. Now go ahead and hit that same spot with a 50 cent sponge, and watch the filth come off with ease. Without that agitation, your heat and pressure mean nothing.

I use the same analogy. Pressure wash you van and run your finger over the work that you just did and notice how important aggitation is.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Eric Valentine said:
Each head on an originalrotovac/DHX , or the the carpet head for the 360 has three 1.5 flood jets. Each 1.5 flood jet is equivalent to a #3 teejet or veejet. This adds up to a 09 flow for the 360, or 18 flow for a dual head rotovac.
The flow might be the same, but not the action. There is no pressure behind the flood jets, they just flow. A lot different from an 03 jet at 500psi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom