pre spray/sealer on stainless steel fridge

Name
Carlos
Evidently i got either pre spray or sealer on my custys stainless steel fridge, Does anybody have any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Evidently i got either pre spray or sealer on my custys stainless steel fridge, Does anybody have any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?

Not sure if you have pics or have been sent pics you can share here...

I have heard Bar Keepers Friend mentioned from people that have had this happen.

Maybe others can comment also

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Carlos, what exactly does it look like? Had you sprayed an acid and later, a sealer? Is it rusty? And so on.
1. Rust on stainless, use Barkeeper’s Friend and soft scrub pad with the grain. RINSE!
2. After it dries with no white residue (rinse) apply stainless steel polish sparingly. Less is more. Cover the whole appliance and then wipe wipe wipe.

If it is sealer, what kind did you use? Did it form a film or dots, or just “water marks?”

If it formed dots, there are a few ways to go, but we’ll need pictures and the name of your product.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Evidently i got either pre spray or sealer on my custys stainless steel fridge

acid or alkaline pre-spray?

Bar Keeper's Friend is an excellent stainless and fixture fixer.
scrunge pad/sponge , thorough rinse, followed by dry microfiber towel wipe/polish.

obviously you'll need to do the whole front of fridge too

no clue what steps needed if a strong acid etched the stainless.
But would bet my last Little Debbie Bar Keepers will handle non acid cleaners or sealer

powdered type, Bar Keepers ... not the liquid

..LT.A.

Reactions: Old Coastie

scotty747

Start with WD-40. Its the best stainless polish there is. Takes out 90 percent of anything that gets on it. Elbow grease will be needed no matter what. If its sealer start with denatured alcohol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom