Pre-spray turning into jelly. Has this happened to you?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Recently my hydroforce sprayer seem to have lost pressure and the pre-spray tank took forever to empty.
I checked the filter, replace the valve that's attached to the the top of the tank. I forgot what it's called.
No improvement.
So I bought a new hydro Force sprayer. I've got more pressure now. But the tank still wouldn't empty
I opened up tank to look at the filter and it was covered with this sludge and white solid particles and I could tell that my pre spray was like a gel.
It was plugging up the filter and that's why my tank wouldn't empty.
I'm using Esteem Attack.
Last summer I noticed something like that and I called them to find out if they had changed their formula they told me they hadn't and couldn't figure out why I would have that kind of a issue.
It might be something that only happens when it's really warm.
But I will be looking for a different type of enzyme-based pre-spray. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Recently my hydroforce sprayer seem to have lost pressure and the pre-spray tank took forever to empty.
I checked the filter, replace the valve that's attached to the the top of the tank. I forgot what it's called.
No improvement.
So I bought a new hydro Force sprayer. I've got more pressure now. But the tank still wouldn't empty
I opened up tank to look at the filter and it was covered with this sludge and white solid particles and I could tell that my pre spray was like a gel.
It was plugging up the filter and that's why my tank wouldn't empty.
I'm using Esteem Attack.
Last summer I noticed something like that and I called them to find out if they had changed their formula they told me they hadn't and couldn't figure out why I would have that kind of a issue.
It might be something that only happens when it's really warm.
But I will be looking for a different type of enzyme-based pre-spray. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Are you mixing a deodorizer/disinfectant or any other chemistry with your prespray?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
No, I didn't mix anything into it. Sonetimes I add citrussolve but not on this last batch. I have used Attack for years without any issues but last year there was a time when I noticed it. Maybe the heat in the truck causes it to gel? I called the company and asked if they had any idea what might cause it. They did not know. I asked if they had changed the formula and they said they didn't.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
So now I'm looking for another pre-spray. I do a lot of nasty rentals and I was getting great results with an enzyme based pre-spray even though my CDS doesn't put out the heat like some other machines. Maybe I should go with liquid instead of powder? Is there a liquid enzyme pre spray?
I thought the Attack dissolved well but if it turns to gel and plugs up the filter in my sprayer then I can't use it.
Do you guys have any recommendations

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So now I'm looking for another pre-spray. I do a lot of nasty rentals and I was getting great results with an enzyme based pre-spray even though my CDS doesn't put out the heat like some other machines. Maybe I should go with liquid instead of powder? Is there a liquid enzyme pre spray?
I thought the Attack dissolved well but if it turns to gel and plugs up the filter in my sprayer then I can't use it.
Do you guys have any recommendations
Stir the Attack in a pail well, before pouring into the hydroforce. I use lots of powders and mix them with hot water from a sink, stiring well. Never have an issue.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
So far I have always filled the jug with the scoops and then add ed a quarter jug of cold water. Then I shake it up before I fill The jug up completely and shake it again.
I was thinking that if I used warm water I would activate the enzymes unnecessarily. But I'm not a chemist so I might have been wrong about that LOL
Esteem says that I need to use 18 Oz per 5 quart hydroforce jug. Maybe that is too much? What do you think?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I was thinking that the jelling could have happened because the jugs are stored in my van and this time of the year the van can get pretty warm.
I was thinking that maybe that rising temperature does something to the pre-spray to change the consistency of the mix.
But like I said I'm not a chemist I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just speculating LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom