Pre-sprays.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Can you really tell a difference...... it the performance if you put it down hot compared to putting it down cold.....??

G

Not in my experience; Cold is actually better for stains/spot removal; and why burn the extra gas.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jim Martin said:
Can you really tell a difference...... it the performance if you put it down hot compared to putting it down cold.....??

nope, I can't tell a difference.
by the time is travels from gunjet to carpet, it's luke warm at best anyway.
after a couple seconds on the carpet, it ain't even that.

having said that, some pre-sprays need to be "mixed" with hot water to be more effective

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
having said that, some pre-sprays need to be "mixed" with hot water to be more effective

OK having said that.......what if it is mixed with really hot water but it sat and cooled down......then would you see a difference...

Name
John LaBarbera
That's true but an oxidizer would work in cool water and your injector would mix it if it was under 180 degrees. It would also be easier on your battery sprayer if the water was not so hot.

John

TimP

I mix it hot in my omni. I like to fill a bucket or two on large jobs before hand to let them cool some. But I have rarely mixed up cold prespray. It gets cold quick once it hits the fiber so I don't see how it makes a huge difference myself. Although I think it makes a difference as far as mixing.

G

The other day I ran out of my Harvard's Grim Release Pro
and had some free stuff that I got at connextions and let me tell ya!.
I use a lot more elbow grease with the other pre-spray!
I was glad to get back to my Havard's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim;

Hot WILL make a difference on some presprays.

We formulate for better grease & oil removal @ 120°.

You can acheive that temp with a hot prespray @ ~180°.

Larry Cobb

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Mardy...

SuperTLP compares very favorably with Grime Release and UltraPac, and rinses much easier than either. It contains no butyl.

UltraTLP is being field- tested right now. It's just a smidgin south of "Green", and cleans everything from ink to filtration soil easily, from the reports we're getting back. Next round of tests will be the truly Green version, to verify that no loss of performance results. Should that be the case, it will become our first Green product, and lo and behold, will actually clean better than our other products.

Of course, it will cost more as well.

Heat does affect prespray performance, by the way. But a lower heat can be compensated for with a little more dwell time... and solid heat from a high- heat / high- flow system.

Greenie

Speaking of Pre-Spray we are Distributing the original PowerMAXX superduper Mikey approved powdered prespray through Judson as well as GG, coast to coast, just PM me and we will send you 2lbs free of charge, you will not regret it for a high pH not so green prespray.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I will tell you from experience that hot mixed and hot sprayed prespray works better. Scientifically it would be a guess. But working knowledge I am putting dwn a much more penetratable product........... cold prespray beads hot prespray penetrates. Scrub in beaded prespray(if you actually scrub it in) or scrub in an alreay penetrated cleaning mixture. Tell me I am wrong halaluya

Al

I like it Hot, I can't say I've tested it against cold, it just makes sence to me that hot will work better.
It does at the car wash, the heated car wash gets our trucks noticeably cleaner faster. If I pre soak dishes in the sink hot water breaks down the soils faster. 8)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jim Martin said:

what if it is mixed with really hot water but it sat and cooled down......then would you see a difference...

"cooled down" as from one job to the next I don't notice any difference.
The exception would be the oxy booster stuff which starts to lose potency as soon as it's mixed and should be used right away for max efficacy, as i understand it

Don't know about next day "cold" with "regular" stuff though, cause we always add to what's left in the sprayer

..L.T.A.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
If I apply it hot and it cools, its had more time at a warmer temp to emulsify/break off the soil.
Also, applying it hot, I'm using my HF. I noticed a HUGE difference in application when I sprayed a room with my Omni vs the HF. The HF penetrated more, the Omni just sprayed a later on the surface.

Greenie

I think the heated pre-spray is better, at a minimum mixing chems in hot water just makes sense (on a side note, not all oxy boosters lose punch from job to job), I do think the Hydro-Force puts down more volume than any elec. sprayer and on a thick pile that makes all the difference in full soil immersion.

Name
I'm Rick James
I heard that molecules work faster in hot water which equals a better cleaning. I have heard alot of things though doesnt mean its true.

:mrgreen:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The Green One said:
I heard that molecules work faster in hot water which equals a better cleaning. I have heard alot of things though doesnt mean its true.

:mrgreen:

At a basic level, heat is a measurement of the motion of molecules. Faster movement of the molecules is energy that we record as heat.

Hotter product has the ability to do more cleaning. But that is only one of many factors that effect the results. So, I would not say that hot water = better cleaning, but at least one of the conditions is right for better cleaning.

Scott Warrington

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Greenie said:
Speaking of Pre-Spray we are Distributing the original PowerMAXX superduper Mikey approved powdered prespray through Judson as well as GG, coast to coast, just PM me and we will send you 2lbs free of charge, you will not regret it for a high pH not so green prespray.

PM sent

Greenie said:
I think the heated pre-spray is better, at a minimum mixing chems in hot water just makes sense (on a side note, not all oxy boosters lose punch from job to job), I do think the Hydro-Force puts down more volume than any elec. sprayer and on a thick pile that makes all the difference in full soil immersion.

Amen to that HF will take it down when its nasty.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Steve Lillard said:
Does Chemsters grease earser contain the B word????

Butyl? No I dont think it does. I think it says so on the label, i am going to check it tomorrow. Right now, thats what I have been using, I love it but I also want to try out powermaxx.

Rescue

Who uses and likes this stuff? Without any solvent does it really clean the dirt nasties like Judson Juice. Even Judson's has a solvent in it (d-Limonene).

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
It cleans like i have never seen before. in fact the only other prespray i have ever used that cleaned as well is Enzall. Grease eraser really is an amazing product. I thought it had enzymes in it but i called them and they said it doesnt. But it works great and doesnt smell bad at all. i recommend that everyone at least try it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom