Preparing your clients expectations on worn out carpet.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
That’s why you should have a Cimex!! (I know you don’t do that, but you should)

Cimexing this much dirt and not being able to vacuum (and they don't really vacuum here) would have been epic fail....

I am sure there are soils left behind after our cleaning too...but when you see a dust pan and broom being used to maintain the area...and no vacuums allowed....just mind boggling how packed full of soils these carpets were (are)

One of my least favorite jobs I have ever done....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I often run into commercial jobs like that and like you, I under promise and try to over deliver. You have to sometimes adjust the customers expectations. Why are no vacuums allowed, I don't get it.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We would have shower fed our precondition with the Cimex to get more product to the carpet.

The Cimex would also give you better agitation so you're just flushing with the Zipper. It might not have looked much different though but it would have given you maximum soil removal.

Lastly, just for appearance we would have encaped it with Cimex to make it pop. It won't make it any cleaner but it sure will appear like it is.

I know that's a lot of extra steps but that carpet was severely neglected.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Did you adjust the dilution of your injection sprayer mix since you were using higher pressure? Be interesting to know what rtu dilution you were actually putting done.

Jobs like that just straight suck.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I often run into commercial jobs like that and like you, I under promise and try to over deliver. You have to sometimes adjust the customers expectations. Why are no vacuums allowed, I don't get it.
Too loud in the rooms so they cannot hear the customers on their head sets.

They have to turn their head sets up too much and they claim about "blowing out their ears" doing that

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We would have shower fed our precondition with the Cimex to get more product to the carpet.

The Cimex would also give you better agitation so you're just flushing with the Zipper. It might not have looked much different though but it would have given you maximum soil removal.

Lastly, just for appearance we would have encaped it with Cimex to make it pop. It won't make it any cleaner but it sure will appear like it is.

We thought about that too. Went CRB route with trays to try to contain some of the soils. Would have probably cimex, CRB, extract and cimex again...

It was worse than I thought and we were on a time crunch... So they got two step.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Did you adjust the dilution of your injection sprayer mix since you were using higher pressure? Be interesting to know what rtu dilution you were actually putting done.

Jobs like that just straight suck.
Always set on 4 to 1 setting. This is the Multi Sprayer brand inline sprayer. We like them better and they work better in our opinion especially when at high pressue.

I actually was mixing heavy...was a "let er buck" moment

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes

Seee Mark, what he said🤷🏻‍♂️ Regardless of that pos, go buy a Cimex!!
Do it before you quit! Do it!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Buy 2 one for each truck. Then two guys could precondition, two would Zipper rinse. While the two put away their tm's the other two would encap their way out.

The little crbs are great for homes but in a commercial setting the Cimex rules. It doesn't have to be looked as solely a encapsulation machine. It kicks serious butt as a scrubber. Either for precondition or even tile.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Were they open while you were cleaning? There are some very quiet vacuums out there. If you can't vacuum, you probably shouldnt have carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom