presprays loosing there "punch" after 24 hrs..

Enzymatic ones and others non enzymatic seem to also...I use to pre mix them in 3 jugs not anymore..lol

They still work but they dont seem to have that BAM so goes there planning ahead..

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I use a well formulated pre-spray and it can sit for a week a still be good on the first job of the next day's work.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I've noticed that too with emulsifiers and have always mixed them just before using.

CleanEvo

I agree.

I always try to mix up what I need for the day, if it sits for more than one night on the truck, it's not as effective.

I'm going to start using the Judson Juice as soon as my supplier gets some more in stock; has anyone noticed how it works after a day or two mixed in a jug?

Rex Tyus

The peeps at CTI told me that when mixing their Prozyme if you use cool water to mix with and rely on the heat available with a Hydroforce to activate it the shelf life is "a week or two" before a noticible drop in enzyme action. Hot water premix shelf life is much shorter. Like only a few hours. The heat makes the difference according to them. Oxidizer dependant prespray is a whole nother matter.

I have never noticed a difference with the emulsifiers I use. If I did I would change brands.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
We mix pre-spray by the job, and sometimes different in the same home for different carpet or soiling situations.
The same goes for acid rinse/detergent emulsifier/ acid emulsifier(thanks John).
Different products perform differently over time, but defoaming agents and enzymes loose activity over time according to what I have been taught. I try not to mix more than I intend to use to avoid waste. I DO empty pre spray containers either at night or in the morning prep. before leaving for the 1st job.
My customers pay for the best, so they deserve the best... not yesterdays leftovers. IMHO
Best equipment, Best chemicals, Best systems and procedures, if I can find better, it WILL be on my truck!
31 years and still loving it!
TLC

hogjowl

Idiot™
I really have never noticed that. But all I have used over the last several years has been Duane's juice and Judson's. May be I've just been lucky.

And beautiful.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Just to clarify a few points:

There are two types of "enzymes" used in our industry.

1. Spore state bacteria that in the presence of a food source will PRODUCE an enzyme.
(most enzyme deodorants including ours).

2. Actual enzymes extracted from the organisms that produced them.
(Used in our PowerMax detergent & Odor Attack powder)

The spore state bacteria are sensitive to temperature and pH.
Also, they are inactivated by most antimicrobials.

Actual enzymes, on the other hand, are relatively unaffected by pH, temperature or time in solution.

Oxidizers, in nearly all cases, start producing oxygen as soon as they are mixed with other cleaning components.

So the oxidizers are time dependent.

You can add our Powder Brightener oxidizer back to the mixed solution the next day to restore the stain removal ability.

Larry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
admiralclean said:
I really have never noticed that. But all I have used over the last several years has been Duane's juice and Judson's. May be I've just been lucky.

And beautiful.

you got the lucky part right anyway...............

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Larry:
Mixing pre spray's hot as per most label directions... you are saying the enzyme/detergents do not loose any effectiveness after cooling off and being used the next day? Even the defoaming part?
Either the chemistry is much better than even a few years ago, or a certain chemist was feeding me BS.
I was also told mixing cold was better as many pre sprays ingredients are only activated by the heat... so if you mixed them cold you "should" be able to use them the next day with less loss of activity... is this incorrect also?
Are your answers blanket statements only for your products, or are you stating this is true of all pre-sprays?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Thomas;

The two different types of "enzymes" are where most of the confusion comes from (for all products).

The cold water statement raises a few questions to me.

Are the chemists for your chemical products posting on this board ??

They are in the best position to state exactly...
what their products will or will not do.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom