pressure gauge/bypass question

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
So i have basiclly had to redo my whole pressure system (fookin slipped belt)

anyway..

So i put on a bypass instead of a regulator..

so where do i put the gauge so it gives me the reading WITHOUT keying the wand???

and can ya show me a pic or to of it???

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Doug, I had my pressure gauge go out on me and bought a new one that I hooked directly up to the pressure pump. It just screwed right in to the manifold.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea i have put it right on the pump, right now it has a T before the bypass, and it still shows 0...until i key the wand....

This whole thing has been one big PITA....and it turns out the belt was to big (adjustment was all the ways back) it had just "stretched" for some reason...

on the bright side, the blower coupler was looking worn so i bought one of those to..

in all the time dickin with this thing, i coulda built a new one :x :x :x

i just need a new one...the bandaides are starting to wear

Name
Shawn Forsythe
It reads like you put on an unloader valve instead of a BPR. The function of the type of pressure bypass that an unloader is, means that you have no system pressure to read until you flow water through to the wand. As such, there is no place to put that pressure guage to get a reading, as you would like. Like it or not, it is the very nature of an unloader to "unload" the system.

Here are your three options.

1. Key the wand to get a reading (obviously you don't like this, or wouldn't be asking)
2. Replace the new unloader with a BPR (Balanced pressure regulator/bypass)
3. Convert the unloader to a BPR.

Option #3 is something I've done many times. Most every unloader valve has an internal check valve on the pressure outlet, which if removed, will render the unload function disabled. This usually done by removing the capture nut, permitting the removal of the check valve poppet. Then reassemble the nut to the valve body without the check valve poppet, and wahlah!, the unloader no longer unloads.

Understand that to use a BPR in place of an unloader requires a sufficiently sized bypass loop volume, such that the pump will not overheat. I presume since your unit was previously setup with a BPR, thisis the case.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
its not so much i dont like it, as i am not use to it.....ifn it keeps the system a bit cooler (dumping back to the water box) and make it to where i may have a bit more pressure (as it appears i do). and maybe it will give me more steady pressure then the BPR (Is that the all BRASS one????) on hard service. Then ill just leave it, as i have already tore hell into this thing, and dont feel like putting it back..

Thanks for the answer...

ps
it must be something else i see on other systems then...cuz i thought most of the bypass with the BIG black handle where the same.. guess not

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom