IMG_20210821_074045.jpg

No, it didn't go back down.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
This all goes with my less is more mentality these days

less heat
less pressure
less high pH
I had one yesterday where my solution line caused a mark in the Mop & Glow of the hardwood. I was able to rub and smear it away luckily.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

less heat
less pressure
less high pH

"Old Carpet Cleaner Story" time

High heat versus moderate heat debate goes back nearly 50 years now. As a kid and twenty-something I proudly showed off the 240 + temperature of our oil fired Prochem units at every opportunity. Those "other units" with only 180-190 heat were just not able to clean carpet nearly as well....so I said and believed.

I was then puzzled and annoyed when Prochem came out with heat exchange units and changed its tune (for awhile).

Their 800s, 65, 75, and Cub series struggled to get 190 degrees. "That's enough heat!" was the line from Prochem people at that time...until the Performer was introduced with its higher heat.

It seems that 200+ heat is something that the market place wants more than the carpet and other flooring materials (with a few greasy and neglected exceptions) really needs.

FredC

Village Idiot
Just a note that while mobile homes do, as most know, have the walls built on the flooring (fn annoying when replacing carpet) perimeter bonding (no glue in the middle) is common outside of mobile homes........especially in DIY

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Arranging with a supplier to fix that.
An restart Caesars under a new concept...
But thanks for reaffirming my modest investment.
Is a solid idea ...
Imma beat this Cancer ...
I still got stuff to do ...
That is the bottomline...
143 lbs now...
Any more pictures like that in future
Would be great...

Mikey P

Administrator
I think if all you conscientious cleaners were buy a case of silver solution by the end of the case you're going to start thinking differently on just about everything when it comes to cleaning chemistry, I know I am..

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

less heat
less pressure
less high pH
The technician should know when to go all out hot or heat off. Using less of everything all the time isn't the answer to our business

I'm sure Aaron had a bad carpet job where high heat was needed. But that's the first time I've seen a hot hose do that to vinyl. Thanks for showing that to us

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Even with the heat off it gets to 190 ish and 200 on a hot day. I clean on low 98% of the time. All upholstery and wool is done with the heat off.
I usually do the same my 870 on low is perfect for carpet I turn it off for upholstery or Rugs

I like to push it on tile so I play around with the high heat

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think if all you conscientious cleaners were buy a case of silver solution by the end of the case you're going to start thinking differently on just about everything when it comes to cleaning chemistry, I know I am..
What is the new word we are supposed to use now that "retard" is no longer politically correct?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom