Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
GY-N is what I have stuck with. They'll be 100% problem free on my vans for about 12-14 mo's depending on the tech and how much they manhandle and pull the hoses. From that point I replace the wand side ends about every 4-5 months on average.

We use a mechanical end. It's a two part fitting. The outer part reverse "screws" down over the outer cover. The inner part threads down into the outer cover and has a nipple that pressure seals into the inner part of the hose.

The big advantage is I don't have to leave a customers house if an end goes, and don't have to pay $30-50 to have an end crimped on.

I have cheapo dremels with a cutting wheel, and an extra fitting. If it lets go in field, it takes 3-5 minutes to hack off 3-6" and pop on a new end.

I'll install 160' continuous, so that as we have to replace the ends, we still have at least 150' to match 3 50' vac sections through the life of the line.

We'll typically get about 2-2.5 years out of a line, used to get more with the crimp ons, because at that age, the blue outer cover won't allow enough bite for the outer cover, and the mechanical ends won't stay put.

But at 2.5 years, with what we saved on crimp ends - I'm darn near paying for half - 3/4's a new hose anyway.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
is this better???

20121103_120725.jpg

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
It's rated at 212 degrees.

I don't know if it's better than when they first introduced it, but as I said, it didn't handle 230 well at all.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Goodyear Neptune here. Tried a few others but always go back. Run 110 ft into house and replace that every spring, then move next newest hose to truck mount. Discard the 2 year old. Used to have some black death issues but this was before starting replacing one section every year. I also have used the self crimping (screw on) repair ends but haven't used them very much since replacing the section that goes into house. I learned a long time ago that you don't want to have connections inside the home, possible damage problems and more possibilities for failures. Also, learned a long time ago to go with 110 feet 100 will reach 90% of homes 110ft. will reach 95% of homes that we do. I also like Lee's practice of switching ends after 6 months and will impliment that process as well.

I find most damage comes from pressure exerted when doing stairs so I train to pull a little extra for the loop and hold that against the handle while doing the risers.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley

"Parflex" is a term Parker uses for a very wide variety of hoses that they produce, that includes hydraulic hoses, carpet cleaning hoses, marine hoses and others. The 1035HT (high temp) is the one rated for 230. ( just checked it.) So, it looks like they put more R&D into that one since the failures we had when they first brought it out.

Another thing of interest: As I said, we used Parker 540N with better results back then than the 1035. 540N is actually a thermoplastic, non- wire reinforced hydraulic hose (560 is the wire version). For some reason, they rate it at 212 degrees (the boiling point of water at sea level), which is curious to me. In speaking with Parker rep's back then, they said that with water running through it, that rating dropped to 158 degrees. Nevertheless, it worked fine for Little Giant #3 temperatures.

It's all pretty complicated, IMO, unless you skip over all of the different kinds of hoses available and pick one- be it GY Blue Nep, Parker 1035HT, Gates PowerClean, etc., that has capabilities that exceed the needs you'll be placing upon it.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
"Parflex" is a term Parker uses for a very wide variety of hoses that they produce, that includes hydraulic hoses, carpet cleaning hoses, marine hoses and others. The 1035HT (high temp) is the one rated for 230. ( just checked it.) So, it looks like they put more R&D into that one since the failures we had when they first brought it out.

Another thing of interest: As I said, we used Parker 540N with better results back then than the 1035. 540N is actually a thermoplastic, non- wire reinforced hydraulic hose (560 is the wire version). For some reason, they rate it at 212 degrees (the boiling point of water at sea level), which is curious to me. In speaking with Parker rep's back then, they said that with water running through it, that rating dropped to 158 degrees. Nevertheless, it worked fine for Little Giant #3 temperatures.

Both wire-braid and thermoplastic hoses are available with various inner tube materials.

Many hydraulic hoses have poor temperature ratings when used for hot water.

The Parker 1035HT hose was designed for hot water, from the start.

Larry

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry, is this the Parker 1035HT?

http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/inde...olution+relief

and will your blue one http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/inde...lue+rub%2Fwire not have a black death?

Also when talking about temperature ratings, are we talking at the machine or at the wand?

Since the blue one performs better at higher temp would you suggest a blue one at the machine side and a parker in the house?

Yes, the first item is the Parker 1035HT with the more-visible safety cover.

The blue wire-braid has been much better than Neptune, in regard to "black death" @ 275° on some fire-breathers.

For high temps, we use the blue wire-braid @ the truck . . . ,

and the easy sliding 1035HT inside the house.

Temps are any water the hose is in contact with.

Larry

Last edited:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I used to be all Neptune, twas the only hose I knew about. Got black death when I was using a kero burner. $2400 to replace the carpet.
Switched to Tornado, higher temp and 3000psi, but has a rough cover. Hose really gets hot.
been using Parker since 08, bit of a pain when it gets twisty. Had few pinholes on the ends. I think its from the extra heat from the crimps/fittings. Started with 120ft, down to almost 100. Starting to look a little bubbled in places, or crimped, getting time to replace. Almost $4/ft through local hose supplier, Joe has it less than $2/ft. I like it for its heat retention and smooth outer cover.
My hydroforce hose just blew on me the other day, sprayed black over the wall. Fortunately, it all wiped up. It was a Raptor/Neptune style. It had been leaking but it seemed to be from the fitting, not the hose. Just suddenly POP and sprayed. Good thing for shutoff valves.

What is the hose the gives the best heat retention and the least twisting/knotting? Seems its a trade off, get some benefits with one type of hose, but it has some challenges.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
The Neptune on my Hydro Force Sprayer blew out too. No warning at all. It wasn't that old either.
I used to be all Neptune, twas the only hose I knew about. Got black death when I was using a kero burner. $2400 to replace the carpet.
Switched to Tornado, higher temp and 3000psi, but has a rough cover. Hose really gets hot.
been using Parker since 08, bit of a pain when it gets twisty. Had few pinholes on the ends. I think its from the extra heat from the crimps/fittings. Started with 120ft, down to almost 100. Starting to look a little bubbled in places, or crimped, getting time to replace. Almost $4/ft through local hose supplier, Joe has it less than $2/ft. I like it for its heat retention and smooth outer cover.
My hydroforce hose just blew on me the other day, sprayed black over the wall. Fortunately, it all wiped up. It was a Raptor/Neptune style. It had been leaking but it seemed to be from the fitting, not the hose. Just suddenly POP and sprayed. Good thing for shutoff valves.

What is the hose the gives the best heat retention and the least twisting/knotting? Seems its a trade off, get some benefits with one type of hose, but it has some challenges.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom