pressure reliefe valve on little giant

brocksdad

I just got a little giant heater and when I hooked the water to it it just shot water out the pressure regulator?

brocksdad

Greenie check this out I got that part working then I go to do the last day of cleaning at this huge job I had this month and I go out and look at the pressure gauge and the 600 psi gauge is pegged out past 600 psi and under the 0 psi number. So I guess my 500 psi pump is a little more umpf then I thought. Then I tried to turn it down and didn't read the engraved arrow correctly and ended up turning it up more then down. Right that very second it blew the face off the gauge. So I turned it down the correct way a bit then plugged off the gauge hole to finish the job.

So I learned a bit about my little pump today. I learned that what ever is in liquid filled gauges tastes sweet.

Greenie

wow, sorry to hear that, could have been worse, you can see out of both eyes right?

glycerin is sweet..lol

The real lesson of the day is gages should never be selected for their maximum, but more for a mean average working pressure, I'll bet you look for a 1000-1500 psi gage next.

ps: higher flow jets and less pressure next time around.

Glad to hear the LG heater is working fine now.

brocksdad

Well I had problems getting it lit. I looked at the electrode or what ever that thing is called and it looked like it was right were the pilot is. Is it possible to open the bottle to far open? I opened it all the way open and I couldn't even smell the lp coming out so then the guy I had help me close the valve a quarter turn or so and it light just fine.

I am more amazed that that small of a pump can put out that kind of pressure.

Greenie

It's not so much the pump, it's the low rated pressure gage.

Replace with a gage rated for 1500 psi or so.

What size jets do you run on the wand?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom