Price is Right?

revitalize

Name
adrian
It's fun to spend other peoples money and thought it would be fun if you would try to help spend mine. I recently put a bid on a new to me, unit but we were very far apart in the final valuation. I thought I would turn it over to you guys to see if I either need to raise my price or if I was correct in my valuation. I am going to withhold my valuation or their price in an attempt to work like a stock market, meaning group wisdom is far superior to individual. In a worst case world, you will have the persons contact information and thought if I am not the person to purchase the unit, maybe I could add value to their life or yours. Never the less, the details;

Unit has been for sale for approximately a year and sitting for two.
Hours/Mileage verified, unit is as clean as it appears, everything in working order. Van has minor scratches on rear left quarter panel, dented right rear bumper. Unit maintained by the local Jon Don at the specified intervals.
Equipment, most large equipment unseen but would assume to be in the same condition given the cleanliness.

Have fun and thanks in advance.

machine.JPG rear.JPG list.JPG

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's fun to spend other peoples money and thought it would be fun if you would try to help spend mine. I recently put a bid on a new to me, unit but we were very far apart in the final valuation. I thought I would turn it over to you guys to see if I either need to raise my price or if I was correct in my valuation. I am going to withhold my valuation or their price in an attempt to work like a stock market, meaning group wisdom is far superior to individual. In a worst case world, you will have the persons contact information and thought if I am not the person to purchase the unit, maybe I could add value to their life or yours. Never the less, the details;

Unit has been for sale for approximately a year and sitting for two.
Hours/Mileage verified, unit is as clean as it appears, everything in working order. Van has minor scratches on rear left quarter panel, dented right rear bumper. Unit maintained by the local Jon Don at the specified intervals.
Equipment, most large equipment unseen but would assume to be in the same condition given the cleanliness.

Have fun and thanks in advance.

View attachment 88930View attachment 88931View attachment 88932
Send me the money (cash) and I'll find you something. 👿

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I was thinking $25k. It sat for two years. My fear is hidden freeze damage. Plus things that sit tend to just go bad.

revitalize

Name
adrian
I was thinking $25k. It sat for two years. My fear is hidden freeze damage. Plus things that sit tend to just go bad.
I went and ran it, everything in working order. No freeze damage although they were fixing a temperature sensor when I arrived.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Regardless you are driving the bus.

You don't have to adhere to a retail list of what it cost them new. At this point it's a package, one that they evidently hold in higher esteem than market value.

Give them a reasonable offer, set a date for how long it's good for. After that it's up to them to shit or get off the pot.

If they don't take the offer don't sweat it. There are plenty of used units out there.

Reactions: J20770

revitalize

Name
adrian
Regardless you are driving the bus.

You don't have to adhere to a retail list of what it cost them new. At this point it's a package, one that they evidently hold in higher esteem than market value.

Give them a reasonable offer, set a date for how long it's good for. After that it's up to them to shit or get off the pot.

If they don't take the offer don't sweat it. There are plenty of used units out there.
Agreed 100% and what was done. I was pricing new units and a last ditch search brought me across this one before pulling the trigger on a new one. It was just a way to reduce my outlay, while getting something quality. Just shocked at how far different we were in price. Maybe I should introduce some pricing bias as the owner would like $50k.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Agreed 100% and what was done. I was pricing new units and a last ditch search brought me across this one before pulling the trigger on a new one. It was just a way to reduce my outlay, while getting something quality. Just shocked at how far different we were in price. Maybe I should introduce some pricing bias as the owner would like $50k.
Remind him how long its sat and how it's just deprecating more as time goes by.

Used is never going for what the seller thinks it should. If he were smart he would look at the hours he used it and the money he made from it. Then cut his losses and recover what he can and move on.

1100 x $100.00 $110,000.00

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
$50,000 is at least $25,000 too much. That's why it's been for sale for so long. $60,000 can get you a brand new truck and unit.

Back
Top Bottom