Price list question

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
When you are billing on xactimate and the job is a few hours outside of your office area and or different state, do you use the price list of your office location or the area where the loss is located?

Thanks,
Bill

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We usually just use ours.....although if there is higher I might use theirs. There isn't a big enough difference between us and KC to make it worth using theirs.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
All the adjusters and companies I deal with (dealt with) around here require the area you are doing the work in.....or they are just pains in the butt and then take a lower area and say this is all we are giving you....

Bunch of jerks!

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Insurance company made me drive an hr and 15 min away to have my boat repaired because it was about $800 cheaper than the guy 30 min away where I submitted the original estimate - in my own area .. its bullshit Insurance companies predict what youre worth on the fire/water loss jobs .. almost wanna say," Ok if you only want to pay this, then Ill only do half ass." .. but I know you cant .. so then you dont .. ugh!!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Insurance company would expect rates for the area where the loss occurred. However, it is likely you can add time and expenses for traveling that distance.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thanks,

I put the price list for the area we are working in.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Bill I have been doing the zip code for the loss or just city. I get no pushback.
It is my understanding in our state that they can not price fix.
We don't do as much as some companies but 95% of the adjusters we dealt with last year we had no problem with.
They call them adjusters for a reason.
Thanks,

I put the price list for the area we are working in.

Reactions: tmdry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom