Pricing Poll

Name
I'm Rick James
Re: Where do you sit?

So does price reflect one's worth or quality? I am sure everyone will be higher than everyone else, isn't that how it is on the BB.

Name
I'm Rick James

No, I don't think so. But this is a male driven industry and having the highest prices is like having the biggest whooahoo. Even if its BS.

G

I don't know.

Some say I'm too high, sometimes I hear, "That's it?"

But mostly I hear, "Well, that sounds like a pretty fair price."

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen

Good thing there's not much to choose from down there, right Josh. I got to talk to your local Servicemaster guy Lee today. That was a treat, I'll tell you about it tomrrow.

G

:eek:

Ok dude.

You gonna have coffee and doughnuts there?

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen

Coffee yes donuts I don't think so. Maybe I'll try to stop and get one for ya, what kind do you like?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

I have an ability to know what the customer will pay. Well almost.
I am a little higher than most (still talking about money, ass).
Just about all my customers will tell me that it sounds about right. Unless they are having a ton done. Then they say, "That's alot, but it sounds about right."

-JB-

Name
JB

work_4_food.jpg

TimP

I would say that I'm the highest but someone in my area is slightly higher than me. However I feel my price is a bit low for what I'm offering. I've decided to go up in September. Since it is one of my slowest months I wont be devistated if my new price flops on me. Plus I'll be going into the busy time of the year for me in residential and the people getting cleaning before the holidays are gonna get it done unless the price is ridiculous so I think I stand a chance of not alienating my customers at least through the end of the year.

I just can't decide how I'm going to increase price. Either do room pricing or add 2-8 cents a ft.

hogjowl

Idiot™

I've not really kept up with it, so I really don't know. I'm certain I'm considered high, because I hear that quite often. However, I don't face a great deal of price objection, and occasionally I'll get a customer who says the other guy was charging the same as me.

Now that I am a star graduate of SFS, I am too educated to take much time considering rookie subjects like the one discussed in this DAT.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

I just can't decide how I'm going to increase price. Either do room pricing or add 2-8 cents a ft.

Room pricing with square footage limits isn't so bad.
I only do that on my specials.
Square footage is the way to go if you are going to make money.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

bob vawter said:
I'm thinkin' that i'm gonna raise my prices!

yea, baby.
If you keep your prices low, your customers will think you suck (not like that, but like that).

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

In Lawrence Mike Brummit is at least .10 higher, in Topeka there is also a one man operation that is allegedly .50?

We are charging .35 with a $12.50 truck charge

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

R.Chavez said:
In Lawrence Mike Brummit is at least .10 higher, in Topeka there is also a one man operation that is allegedly .50?

We are charging .35 with a $12.50 truck charge

"you know stew surfing isn't a sport is a way of life. you know it's a way of looking at that wave and saying, hey bud, let's party! Where'd you get that jacket".
Great movie but sean penn is a dick. When's the sequel?

Greenie

Wince factor.

If they don't wince once in awhile you are too cheap. Every single one of you O/O are worth an extra nickle...just because.

Your competitor will send an untrained kid and get the same money you are getting, so have the testicular fortitude to ask a professional's fee for your service.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier

I really don't know but from what I can find out when I bid something we are slightly more then most but have been considerably more then some and not as much as a few

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

I really don't know what "most" of the other outfits charge.

if you throw out the "budget" type cleaners, i guess we're in the middle to slightly above average price range.
I'd guess some of the apt cleaners would think we're sky high for apts, and some of the hi-roller res cleaners would think we're cheap for res

...L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Ron Lippold said:
just like always its wide open at the top

I hear that often, Ron.
I also hear/know there's a smaller pool of prospects too
if the market doesn't support it, you travel long distances.
How long have you had your V and how many miles on it?

..l.T.A.

GRHeacock

Here's my way of raising prices. Let's say from 35 to 50 cents a sq ft. I give a quote for the total. If she says it's too high, I say that includes protector.

If she says OK, I add the price of the protector on.

She says no, I go with the 35 cents a sq ft. Then she says yes.

Gary

CleanEvo

I used to charge too little, but I was starting out on my own and thought I needed to be low to get the business started.

Then someone told me if you're getting every job, you're too low. I started raising my prices and now I have some people say I'm too high, but most still think it's fair and go for it.

I haven't minded loosing the odd cheapskate and figure I'll keep raising my prices until I start loosing one out of four, that way I'll be working less but making more money.

It's tough when you're starting out, but very easy to raise prices when you're really busy.

The Preacher

how many of you call other cleaners to check prices???

i get big $$$ for furniture because it's worth it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom