Pricing tile and grout

kelsolo

I have a chance to bid on 40,000 sq ft of tile it take us about 6 mins to clean 100 sq ft what the best I could bid on this and still make money? I will be prespaying it and scrubbing it with a 175 and then of course cleaning with a spinner at 1000 psi.

RickL

shoot at $.10 you'd be making $100 an hr then you got to deduct expenses. I'd probably bid it at $.20-$.25. Hard to say without looking at it and what's on it. But just a simple clean, no problems, no stuff to move that's the way I'd go.

Matthew

It really depends on how dirty it is and scuff marks. If you are going to be using a lot of cleaner and your cleaner is very expensive, then you might go higher. But if is relatively clean I'd shoot a little lower then the competition, especially right now. Maybe in the .07 cents sq. ft. range. .10 is for bad areas. Keep in mind the economy is really suffering right now and your prices can't be too high.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
You best demo clean a few hundred sq ft of the worst area before bidding anything that low, I know from experience. Demo the large ones for sure. Figure it out from there.

Try to have more than price at risk, sell yourself/company before price.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm betting somewhere in the 40k feet you run across some areas that have been topically sealed.

Have it written in your contract that your bid is for CLEANING only.

Stripping is extra.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom