Pricing

Mikey P

Administrator
Diamond Brian,

I never said anyone else needs to charge .80/sf. You brought up what I charged and you were wrong so I corrected you.

My home is one of the nicer ones in my town. I clean in much lower income towns where the homes may be only 60,000 and I clean in million dollar homes.

The point I am trying to make is that it doesn't matter the income. You can get your price if you are worth it. You don't have to believe me. It will not affect my business.

You just have to learn how to get the right customers. It's people like you that will never get it. It's your loss, I would offer to help you but with your negative attitude you are a lost cause.

Dave

Lets talk about getting .80 a foot on every job.

Do you think its possible to do this on every job in the mid west?
And grow a biz beyond one truck and a few jobs a week?

How many working class people will refer you on a regular basis if you charge a thousand dollars to clean the average 1700 sq ft track home?

Sure special cases are worth .80 or more, but average cleaning?

Come on.

I dont care how clean or how dry, or how professional your company appears, moderately soiled wall to wall is not worth .80 to clean.

In Dave's case I think he has a competition with Billy Hicks going on about who can bullshit the most suckers on ICS.

Whether you "believe in yourself" or not, what do feel is the most your area will pay for carpet cleaning?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I can't see a multi truck company succeeding with those kind of numbers. I guess it all depends on what you want, business or job. I think about what I charge (mostly by room) and I know I could get more, but I'm enjoying a good living and would like to get another couple trucks on the road at some point. So if it works for Dave, great, although I thik if it was really going so well he wouldn't feel the need to post about it all the damn time.

RichardnTn

.80 is good if your area will support it.....We average about .24-.25 sf here...median income is around 19K here..Richard R

Greenie

I know installers that will darn near replace that walk in for $80! :shock:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You obviously have not elevated your game to perform in those types of markets. If you would only prevac you could get those numbers.

Its like the saying " Yes I farted.....jealous?"

Chris A

Name
Chris
What's the BFD about only working for the super rich? Do any of you guys get excited when your landscaper mows the grass in 6 different directions to make sure every last blade is uniform. The anal retentive will love you, most will not care.

R

R W

God Bless 'em if he can get 80 cents a foot.....regularly. In my area, he'd be walking away from an estimate with 3 shoes..........2 on his feet, and 1 in his ass!!

dallasdj

I'm in Hick's area and he did not charge .80 when we shopped him which we do annually. But he's insistent on seeing the job first which he may and I do and may charge .80 if it warrants it.

For me .40 to clean .15 to seal most syn.

I double that if its stretched-in wool.

I'm middle-of-the-row to high in my market on price.

Fred Homan

After hearing Billy Hicks on the Procleaners Network I would say....He likes to hear himself talk.....

Al

I have no reason not to believe Dave but you could never run multiple trucks at that rate. Dave is happy as an owner op.

We just went up to .55 for new clients, that's a 13 cent increase and it's working out so far.

I would not be comfortable with charging .80 cents

steve r

i use to live in the area where dave lives and works.it was one of the fastest growing areas in the nation 20 years ago.there are half million dollar homes on half an acre for miles and miles.and many multi million dollar homes too.

im not sure what he gets per sq ft but i remember him commenting on what he made yearly and quite frankly i think he could do better.i know what i made there for chem dry 20 years ago.i was averaging over a grand a day by myself as an employee.

ive been toying with the idea of starting a new company over there in a year or two if things continue to do well here because the market there is just absolutely incredible and only about an hour way.in fact some friends there are wanting me to come clean for them now and they will get me more work for the day if i do. $$$

so i guess what im saying is i bet he gets what he says but i think he could do better and i bet he knows that too. its all about your market and what it will produce and what you want to do within that market in my opinion but hey what do i know ive been in manufacturing for 20 some years.

i also use to sell $1500 dollar vacuums there 25 years ago too.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Billy has had his truck for 2 Yrs? Last I heard he had 200 hrs. on it. What does that say?

Dave charges over twice what I do and he makes 30 grand more a year. What does that say?

diamond brian

All of you are so negative.

How can Mr. Rampage help you when you won't listen.

Even single mothers on the south side of Chicago they pay his price. Some times it costs them a full 2% of the value of their homes to pay him, but they find a way.

Until you fly to Chicago and ride with Dave, you'll never be quite able to grasp what you are missing. Like John Lennon said, you need to free your minds.

So, take off your blinders, put on your sweat pants, and sign your mother-in-laws IOU.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Doug Cox said:
Dave charges over twice what I do and he makes 30 grand more a year. What does that say?

That means he works half as much and makes more? Nothing wrong with that.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Re: Raise the BS Flag.

Mikey P said:
Diamond Brian,

I never said anyone else needs to charge .80/sf. You brought up what I charged and you were wrong so I corrected you.

My home is one of the nicer ones in my town. I clean in much lower income towns where the homes may be only 60,000 and I clean in million dollar homes.

The point I am trying to make is that it doesn't matter the income. You can get your price if you are worth it. You don't have to believe me. It will not affect my business.

You just have to learn how to get the right customers. It's people like you that will never get it. It's your loss, I would offer to help you but with your negative attitude you are a lost cause.

Dave

Lets talk about getting .80 a foot on every job.

Do you think its possible to do this on every job in the mid west?
And grow a biz beyond one truck and a few jobs a week?

How many working class people will refer you on a regular basis if you charge a thousand dollars to clean the average 1700 sq ft track home?

Sure special cases are worth .80 or more, but average cleaning?

Come on.

I dont care how clean or how dry, or how professional your company appears, moderately soiled wall to wall is not worth .80 to clean.

In Dave's case I think he has a competition with Billy Hicks going on about who can bullshit the most suckers on ICS.

Whether you "believe in yourself" or not, what do feel is the most your area will pay for carpet cleaning?

mike I can't resist, this guy is getting this and he doesn't even use a vortex :lol:

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Very happy with 45 cents. I do not like to raise prices often,but to those that make more per square foot.Go for it...Everything else is rising in price that's for sure...

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Joey Johnston said:
[quote="Doug Cox":1uijtegd]

That means he works half as much and makes more? Nothing wrong with that.[/quote:1uijtegd]

No Joey- It means because of the prices he charges he's got alot of free time on his hands.

GRHeacock

You are NOT your customer.

You have NO idea of their finance situation, and what THEY perceive as a good value.

Most of us come from a blue collar background, and say- "I would not pay that amount for that job."

People who come from a white collar background, business owners, highly paid professional doctors, lawyers, architects, etc, have a different viewpoint, and while some are cheap, or overstretched financially, the majority are willing to pay a top price for maintenance of their top priced and quality goods.

And that's how a cleaner like me and you can charge and get top dollar for our services.

Which puts more money in our pockets, and ultimately retire without money worries.

Gary

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
from what I understand, he doesn't have a V, but an AT.

If he can get 80 cents, all the more power to him, and to us. I like some of my colleagues to charge more than me. That way when they complain about 55 cents for cleaning I can say I'm not the highest in town.

From talking with Dave, he charges by the SF but just cleans T/A's. So his price per actual cleaned sf is higher.

Just a few of his thought from the past on the red board...
Then you decide is he's full of B.S.

Re: Xactimate & Construction
Posted By diamond brian on 12/14/2007 at 12:19 AM

"No construction experience here, but Xactimate allows for a pretty hefty profit on carpet, pad, drying, etc."

Re: what to charge in WD
Posted By diamond brian on 6/23/2007 at 1:25 PM
Use the Bluebook. Itemize work line by line and refernce Bluebook 2006. That way, when your custy hits the ceiling, you'll have a legitimate pricing method to refer to.

Re: MIKEYS BOARD
Posted By diamond brian on 6/18/2007 at 9:13 PM
Claude: There's butt kissers on both boards. I don't think it'll get you admitted, but it'll sure keep you around a while.

I come here to get opinions on new products, cleaning methods, etc. I tune in to Mikeys if I'm bored or pi$$ed.

Re: Give me your thoughts
Posted By diamond brian on 6/12/2007 at 9:53 PM
Sorry Russ--nothing personal. But $285.00 ain't a bad morning for an owner operator. Maybe it's hard to see when you get a paycheck regardless.

AND THE BEST ONE EVER>>>>>>
Re: Getting started in water damage restoration
Posted By diamond brian on 4/27/2007 at 2:47 PM
We have some 70 ppd dehumidifiers we bought from Lowe's. I believe they were around $300 ea. They work well. I don't think our customers know that we could be using more expensive dehumidifiers (or maybe they just have too much class to call me a hack). I guess some adjusters may have an opinion, but I've not experienced it.

Greg Loe

I raised my prices to $1.50 a sq ft last October. It's great being a high priced cleaner.

I haven't done a job since then, but that's what I charge now.

Greenie

diamond brian said:
All of you are so negative.

How can Mr. Rampage help you when you won't listen.

Even single mothers on the south side of Chicago they pay his price. Some times it costs them a full 2% of the value of their homes to pay him, but they find a way.

Until you fly to Chicago and ride with Dave, you'll never be quite able to grasp what you are missing. Like John Lennon said, you need to free your minds.

So, take off your blinders, put on your sweat pants, and sign your mother-in-laws IOU.

pppfffftttt!!!!

Another spot on the screen :D :lol: :D :lol:

diamond brian

What's that all about, Craig? Have I caused you harm somehow?

You think it's cool to dig up posts and use them out of context in an attempt to assassinate my character?

My opinions may differ from yours, but don't make it personal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom