Pricing

I'll be honest with you. When you posted that you used 70 pint dehus bought at Lowes for WDR work I was and am still greatly offended.

diamond brian

Sorry, Craig. But, they are sufficient for the small number and limited scope of the drying jobs that we do. I don't even advertise WDR, yet I'm not gonna turn it away.

I don't profess to be a WDR expert. I did the 3-day class, have some basic equipment, and hopefully enough sense to refer out a job I cannot handle.

I'm nowhere near the Flood Man that you are, but probably a much better hunter. :)

Greenie

So let me get this straight, if you use a tiny dehu you are a bad restorer?
Is that like if you run a small TM you are a hack?

Splain' CraigMeister please.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I think the point Craig was making is, if you want to call yourself a professional and charge professional prices, don't show up with the same lame equipment the home owner has. It makes us all look bad.
It would be like Mikey charging $1200 to clean some wall to wall nylon carpet and pulling a Hoover SteamVac out of his truck. Don't you think the customer would feel cheated?

John Watson

WAAAAAA WAAAAA

Mamby pamby,

Bet I have sucked more floods and killed more critters than both of u's put together, I prolly weigh more tooo

Big flippen deal.

Don't make me any better!!!!!!!

I still own and use today a D-35, Made by White Westinghouse, modified (painted blue) and sold by Dri Eaz in the early 80's. Fact is Claude even used this unit when he was still doing the actual flood work!!! Fellas this is even smaller than the 70 pinter..

This little dehue has sucked more moisture out of the air over the years than I can count...

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i dont see the problem....i got 600 bucks of friday for a one bed apt

now there was shit on the carpet, tile in the bathroom and on the kitchen floor on the bed and on the old mans chair
so it was a ppe gear sort of job ,but we cleaned every thing up and made the 80yr old man and his family happy again.....hope he gets so home help sooooooooon

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
we have been trying to raise prices a little

booked more jobs when we had a little lower price but getting higher price on referral jobs is much easier

the big truck has helped to justify a higher price with current customers and they can see the difference in cleaner carpets and faster dry times

bid a commercial carpet, T&G and vinyl floor job for $800 the other day, we were twice as high as all the other companies, I looked at the other bids, ending up splitting the difference with a 1 year (4 cleanings) agreement. Wouldn't have got the job if we hadn't done work for the company in the past

been thinking about running a 3 rooms for $99 on the web site just to get in the door

my favorite BS line is ," my prespray has never failed me" those people are so full of crap it ain't funny

d-day

GRHeacock said:
You are NOT your customer.

You have NO idea of their finance situation, and what THEY perceive as a good value.

Most of us come from a blue collar background, and say- "I would not pay that amount for that job."

People who come from a white collar background, business owners, highly paid professional doctors, lawyers, architects, etc, have a different viewpoint, and while some are cheap, or overstretched financially, the majority are willing to pay a top price for maintenance of their top priced and quality goods.

And that's how a cleaner like me and you can charge and get top dollar for our services.

Which puts more money in our pockets, and ultimately retire without money worries.

Gary

That's a great post!

Greenie

$33 a room ain't exactly B&S, in fact it might just be above national average.

And yes, I'm fully expecting you to try and make a sale and get another $20 for said room, spot removal, protector, maybe a chair?

Advertising is just that,...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom