Prime My Pump!

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Alright, if anyone can help me I will be forever in your debt.
I am the dumbest person in the world so please kindly spell it out for me.

My chemical pump stoped working, it wont prime and I can not live without my 02 rinse.

The chemical ran really low before I caught it so I was wondering if air may be in it. I primed it for a long time and sucked it with the vac and still nothing.

TimP

I'd definitely say air in the line. You can hook your line that goes into the solution tank to your pressure solution line. Turn down the pressure really low not to damage anything and set it to prime and open your solution line valve. You should be able to get rid of the air pretty quick. Close your solution line valve and set your chemical meter to off.

PLace it back in the bucket as you normally would and hit prime....with your pump on of course. It should prime just fine...if not you may need a new last step chemical pump. Happens to me all the time....I probably need a new chem pump but as long as it works like that I'll run it to the ground.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Do you use a footvalve in yor O2 jug?

and why don you jus make a simple chem draw thu a flowmeter...so's you kin tweak it closer?

How many....have absolutly NO CLUE what i jus sED?

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Thanks and I'll try it.
Bob, I dont believe I use a foot valve and I have know idea how I would even begin putting a syphon in. Sounds like a great idea.

Do they have classes teaching how to work on your truckmount? Its probably just basic mechanics but thats the problem for me.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
put one of these one way siphon bulbs in line

43904_SP4.jpg

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Dude that looks pretty sweet? Will I not have to worry about this air getting into the line?
Will I still be able to meter or does it syphon a certain ammount?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
NO Greenie..it is called a Chemical draw...and works on the Ventura effect..where as a stream of water will have a positive draw on an induced supply (yor O2 jug) and you run that thru a flowmeter to get the precise measurment of rinse! You need the foot valve on the end of the line into the jug so there won't be a reverse flow...

Most better machines...have them!

Greenie i know more than you do.......

TimP

Jim that's a great idea. I may need to get one myself cause I'm sometimes bad at keeping track of my solution tank on big jobs. I watch it more closely now but sometimes I have 2.5 gallons in there and tell myself yeah that's enough and end up with a half inch of stuff in there and air all through the lines....

Anyways that's a great tip

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Its called a one way siphon bulb........you can still draw one direction like it is not even there........very easy to recover you prime....no air leaks..............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
most good auto and hardware places have them........

Just be sure it is a one way

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom