printer ideas for news letter mailings

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
I just found out our new letters costing way to much to print at home we have a photosmart 3210 wife went though 7 cartridges to print 200 pcs.
What are some of you guys using for a color printer?
Any feed back would be aprec
Thanks Randy

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Years ago, we went out and bought a nice laser printer specifically to do our own newsletter. With the cost of cartridges, never mind the hours it took to print, fold, tab and address, it wasn't long before we were talking it to our local printer.

Seriously, even if it meant doing black and white like we did, I'd talk to a printer. We found someone in the local Chamber.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I was looking at a laser printer... The one I was looking at had a cartridge that costs $120.00 but prints 12,000 pages, or so they say.

Edit: I agree with Wayne for larger jobs, but it would be nice to have a laser printer for post cards and small jobs. If you can get anywhere close to 12,000 for $120 might be somthing to look into.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
When they talk about page yield make sure you know what percent coverage they're talking about. A graphic-intensive piece with a background color and a big solid headline uses more ink than a memo to the office staff. I've heard solid ink printers have some pretty reasonable yields.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
my newsletters go out on coloured stock, B&W print.
I used to take them to Staples, last quote for 1000 double sided 8.5x14 coloured stock was about $250

Went to a local printer, $80!! I had to ask them to double check that, didn't want them losing money and I'd pay double that and still save.

There's also a guy here West Coast Mail, that I met through BNI, where he takes my mailing list, sorts it, updates the addresses even if they've moved, he picks up the newsletters from the printer, prints mailing address, folds, and mails for about 0.60 each. Made my life a WHOLE lot easier.

My Canon inkjet is will handle the rest, plus I signed up to Send Out Cards for the reminders and thank yous.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Wayne Miller said:
Years ago, we went out and bought a nice laser printer specifically to do our own newsletter. With the cost of cartridges, never mind the hours it took to print, fold, tab and address, it wasn't long before we were talking it to our local printer.

Seriously, even if it meant doing black and white like we did, I'd talk to a printer. We found someone in the local Chamber.

If you do it yourself you wil have that "Do it yourself" look.
I will always use an outside source unless I am sending one letter to one customer for one reason.

I am trying to get away from doing my own artwork as well.

Baby steps. :D

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Sometimes the do-it-yourself look works in your favour.
Some people look at highly polished ads and think, "this is a big company, I want a local guy"
All depends on the clients you're after and your market place. I'm in a somewhat rural area, and the "local" aspect works in my favour.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I posted a thread in the cleaning room in regards to where to find cheap printer cartridges, some people posted a few sites, also found that ebay has powersellers that sell the refill kits for very cheap. Around $1.99 per catridge for photosmart's, might be close to the same for other cartridges since it's the ink they sell not the actual cartridge. It said around $2 bucks for a 30ml, according to the site 30 ml will re-fill a black cartridge 2-3 times. Colors were about the same price.

If doing newsletters in bulk a professional printer is the way to go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom