Printers

rick imby

Name
Rick
It took my shipping clerk (Geek who runs my stuff) less time to install the CIS than it did for him to get the cloud printing working on my printers. It sure is nice, When printing I can pick any of the four printers we have set up. If one jams or is out of paper I just pick another one.

rick imby

Name
Rick
I agree with Ofer also as this direction works well for him. Ofer probably makes more cleaning carpet than fooling around with a Printer. I am always fooling around with getting my expenses down in my low margin mail order business.

One of the reasons I have stuck with HP printers is I have used them for a long time. I find a model that works well and I will buy several of them and wear them out. I don't have to relearn how to clear a jam or reset the software or set up a new computer to work with the printer. I always have a backup printer working on my network if my main one isn't working.

If you are doing a lot of printing buying an Inkjet and a CIS that works with it will amaze you at how cheap you can print. If you never put more ink into the CIS and just used the pint of ink that comes with them for $80. You are way ahead of the game.

Reactions: ruff and Russ T.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We had an Epson with a CIS system for years, never an issue, and literally never ran out of ink on us.

We just moved on to laser for a faster/quicker print time with good overall quality.

I am going to my parent house later to see if they still have my very first epson CIS printer setup from about 10 years ago.

rick imby

Name
Rick
The early inkjets were very very slow. These 8600s are slower than my K5600 printers that I just plain wore out. Print speed is not a huge issue in my system as we print out several items then go on to another project. It looks like the specs on that epson are really close to the 8600 HP I have.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I have four 8600 Officejet PRO from HP. around $250 when I bought them now around $150. I installed an $85 CIS that prints forever on a quart of ink. CIS means Continuous Ink System. You just keep adding ink to the bottle and it feeds the ink to the cartridge. If you are buying cartridges for this machine it is $32 for a 2500 page cartridge---this is the best HP value per page. We print about a box of paper 5000 pages a month to month and a half. I cannot remember the last time I bought a bottle of ink---a gallon is around $100.

HP just came out with a bigger ink cartridge series of printers than the 950XL series (which fit my machines) that is 4 times the size but it is 3 times the price.

If you buy an HP be sure it is an officejet PRO. The cartridges on the Pro series are alway 3 to 4 times higher capacity than the other cartridges. You can only buy the HP Pro printers at Office supply houses. If you are using an officejet printer your cartridges are about 10 percent cheaper but are less than half the size. Yes Size matters big time.

$250 and having 4 printers?

Why not go to a Minolta BizHub? I bought a used one 2 years ago and it is still rocking. knock on wood. LOL
You can pick a good one up for $1500 - $2000

rick imby

Name
Rick
Tom a printer on every desk and one at home and when one jams not an issue. I don't have to walk 40 feet to the shipping office to get my printouts. I have used over a gallon of black ink-- in the last 3 years-$99. Probably $3 or 4 thousand worth of toner cartridges. I bought two to begin with 250 on sale for 200 and then the other two for 150 or 160. It seems Staples will have one of the three models of 8600 on sale for 50 to 100 off all the time, If you are running with a service contract I would be surprized if your toner and service is less than 5 cents a copy. My ink and service contract near nil.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom