PRIORTIES for 2009

Able 1

Name
Keith
Money is short now and most of the advertising I do is flyers... That being said I don't even have a website! So my question is do you think it would make a significant difference if I had a website made before I had my flyers made so I could put it on the flyer or is the flyer enough... I have about 7,500 flyers left that I can put for this winter and then I want to put out(have made) a good spring flyer,summer flyer,and I have about 30,000 of last years fall flyer, but I do want to make a Christmas flyer.

When I get a call from a flyer I book about 97% of them with the phone book probably 50% due to price shoppers and not always able to answer the phone or return a call within 15mins..

The next round of flyers is going to be in the 75,000 range so I will have them for about a year and a half... I am NOT at all computer savy so building a website for myself is out of the question...

What is the average you guys pay per month for your website or what should I expect?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Keith

Name
Ron lippold
I droped one yp ad,Im happy with the other 2. I created new post cards and they are working great, these go out to new prospects.

I will save 10 % of each job and stash it in gold or silver. Ill be damed if I give it all away.

Keep plugging along.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
stick with flyers and come up with a referral program. Even if it isn't giving away anything just a nive we work off referral card with the after care sheet

Chris A

Name
Chris
my website just went up, so I don't have results yet, but I paid about 500 to have it made, its pretty basic (www.excelcarpetcleaners.com), and I think its around $15 a month to host. Talk to Mark Cermak, he'll get you straightened out.

G

I get 80% of my new customers from google and not 1 from any other that I am high ranked. There are free stuff you can do to get calls coming in. Like create a google account and place your business on google maps. You can also get a free listing and small website like page with the Mirchant Circle. If you work on it, with pictures, testimonials, it can look great. Here is a sample of your competitors in your area.
http://www.merchantcircle.com/search?q= ... ukee%2CWi+

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Flier advertising, exactly how does that work? You go door to door putting them on doors, hang them up in supermarkets or what?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
you have to have a website to be taken seriously by most consumers.
Spend 500 bucks and get small website with a coupld of pages. There are resouces right on this site.

Then you can put your address on everything including your penis.

You can also go to all the major search engines (Google, Yahoo etc) and get on their free ads....if you can follow directions, you can get your info on them

Do it dude..Do it now...don't piss me off.

Able 1

Name
Keith
rhino1 said:
Flier advertising, exactly how does that work? You go door to door putting them on doors, hang them up in supermarkets or what?

No, I do them in my car and I can do about 2,500 ($80)flyers in 8 hours and I spend about $25.00 in gas... It really isn't that bad get your Ipod and GPS and go nuts... It can get boring but I just look at is part of the job and they do work good. I guess it comes down to if I want to pay someone else to do my advertising while I sit around or just go do it myself.. I think I can suck it up for 8 hours a time to save the money I do but that is JMO..

Yeah Brian, I think I will get a site before I get the flyers done..

Thanks all
Keith

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
That makes alot of sense what your saying about getting out and doing that.
But, if you did pay someone else to do that, what could you do for your company that would be more important in the mean time?

Just a thought.
Myself? I wouldn't get out there but that's just me. Hell I could probably use the exercise but I think time spent meeting business professionals and working the internet would be time better spent.

Who knows?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
ooops I pay others to do my flyers while I am cleaning carpet. When I am not I am hand slapping people

Greenie

If your area was "flyer friendly" it would probably be a good way to fill in a cancelled appt. or finish off the day with an hour each day of doing the flyers...in this area it's not the best approach, not everyone has a flyer friendly neighborhood.

Do "something" each day to promote your business...you can never have to much work...it's funny the successful guys always seem to be the "busy" guys, not the home by 2pm guys.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Able 1 said:
rhino1 said:

No, I do them in my car and I can do about 2,500 ($80)flyers in 8 hours and I spend about $25.00 in gas... It really isn't that bad get your Ipod and GPS and go nuts... It can get boring but I just look at is part of the job and they do work good. I guess it comes down to if I want to pay someone else to do my advertising while I sit around or just go do it myself.. I think I can suck it up for 8 hours a time to save the money I do but that is JMO..

Thanks all
Keith

How do you put out 2500 flyers in 8 hours? Are you just tossing them in driveways?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Joey Johnston said:
[quote="Able 1":ks3kj1f5]
rhino1 said:

Thanks all
Keith

How do you put out 2500 flyers in 8 hours? Are you just tossing them in driveways?[/quote:ks3kj1f5]

Here we have paper boxes out by the road with the mail boxes... I should post a vid. sometime I can whip the paper boy! :lol:

Chris A

Name
Chris
What is your reponse rate on flyers? I've neve gotten much response, but I don't do the numbers that you do.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Like with any advertising the timing is key... I really don't know my return but they also work as reminders to my current custy's ( I do no postcards) The money I save doing them myself and knowing they are done right is better then anything else I could do in the time it takes me... I spent 3,800 dollars on the phone book for three half page ads as I do every year, and my flyers out number the book by at least 20 to 1 and no price shoppers with the flyers... I pay no postage reach my current custy's as well as new ones...

It's all about the numbers the more I put out the more work I get. Go figure!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Able 1 said:
Like with any advertising the timing is key... I really don't know my return but they also work as reminders to my current custy's ( I do no postcards) The money I save doing them myself and knowing they are done right is better then anything else I could do in the time it takes me... I spent 3,800 dollars on the phone book for three half page ads as I do every year, and my flyers out number the book by at least 20 to 1 and no price shoppers with the flyers... I pay no postage reach my current custy's as well as new ones...

It's all about the numbers the more I put out the more work I get. Go figure!

I agree with that.
Never advertise where there are no customers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom