Pro 1200 se ???

SamIam

Name
sam miller
so I ran it hard for four hours straight it was spiking well over 250-260 if I let it sit to long.

I noticed a little coolant under the truck

It hasn’t leaked in the last week!

Got a lube oil filter and the jiffy lube guy said I had a water pump leak and should take it to the dealership cause it’s still under warranty!

I’m also getting a slight chirp!

I think the chirp is the belt

And I’m worried my Chevy dealer may want to try and keep my truck and the busy season just hit!

I guess I’m wondering could it have back flowed coolant out the reserve tank since it hasn’t leaked since?

Are these setups bad on engine water pumps?

I know I need to take it to the dealership and let them know it’s something that can’t sit around for two or three days!

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
3737652A-1B91-4340-A967-A4053605B271.jpeg
E0FD3026-AB48-4F85-9383-58FA49D693CF.jpeg

844 hours first year and maybe the best rainbow I’ve ever seen!

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Mine burned up a fuel pump but it's a known Chevy issue and GM sent a letter stating they extended the warranty to 10 years so everything was covered.

Never had a problem with overheating or the water pump.

Reactions: SamIam

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yeah I'm pretty good at changing that serpentine belt. Like Marty I change out that belt tensioner once a year and a couple load bearing idler pulleys . Watch that mark on the belt tensioner it should be right in the middle mark when it's a new belt. Starts chirping time to look closer at why.

steve_64

When I got my WM home it started getting a chirp. Mechanic said it was a leak in the water pump hitting the belt. I never saw a leak but did notice I had to add a little coolant. I guess it didn't leak enough to hit the ground.

I should probably cheack the coolant thinking about it.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Lee Stockwell
Because there is a 2" long extension on the fan clutch spindle to clear the extra belt, make sure the 4 water pump bolts are nice and tight.

Last edited:
F

FB7777

I just drove ours next door to the mechanic.
I'm great at that! :winky:

:redface: :lol:
Beat me to it

63 year old guy in town was working under his car last fall on his property

Car fell on him and he died a few hours later

I have this rule of thumb... if it doesn't need gas, washer fluid , a directional bulb or wiper blades the only tool I'm using is my cell phone to schedule a service appt.

Name
Lee Stockwell
It's good to understand how things work and how to diagnose little problems before they become big ones. For me, the water pump was a little thing. I don't want my otherwise capable mechanic shop messing with the front end of the truckmount drive system. I know Justin or I will put it back right. This repair didn't require getting under the van.

Fred is right, getting under a heavy van with jacks or stands can be a great way to get killed.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
It's good to understand how things work and how to diagnose little problems before they become big ones. For me, the water pump was a little thing. I don't want my otherwise capable mechanic shop messing with the front end of the truckmount drive system. I know Justin or I will put it back right. This repair didn't require getting under the van.

Fred is right, getting under a heavy van with jacks or stands can be a great way to get killed.

I can tell you all about my chemical injection now that I took it apart. :)

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Well the dealer said I can gave it back tomorrow by 9 am then I got run to 4-5 stops

My other truck has 4 solid stops to!

From zero to hero in a week

I love this business

SamIam

Name
sam miller
So I got it back! Got to first job and check engine light goes on!

I look and sure enough they left a small hose that plugs into the back of the air filter hanging and didn’t tighten up the clamp on the air filter either!

Light went off a few jobs later!

Why are dudes who supposedly fixing stuff such knuckleheads?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
So I got it back! Got to first job and check engine light goes on!

I look and sure enough they left a small hose that plugs into the back of the air filter hanging and didn’t tighten up the clamp on the air filter either!

Light went off a few jobs later!

Why are dudes who supposedly fixing stuff such knuckleheads?

Did my dealership and mechanics take over your location???? :icon_neutral:

steve_64

I had a place break an oil line doing an oil change. Saw the puddle the next day. Then they refused to take any responsibility.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
93135592-BF73-4BF8-9ABD-632AF722D075.jpeg
79188BC8-CBC7-410A-9152-A5049F555E09.jpeg

Well well we’ve been seeing numbers steady at 180 atw on medium 1200 rpm blower spinning 3000 rpms no need for high!

I know on high mine runs at 1400rpm,
Ashley M modified his at set it to 1500!

I’m tempted Rick A said go for it!

New lid gaskets really helped to!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
2EDAFC39-31E7-4754-A93C-91DAF0A63636.jpeg 1446A9A9-BEA3-44E5-99B6-D22A5FD0C4A6.jpeg

So I’ve had some serious water pressure issue but no cavitation or pump fluctuation

I opened the out bound filter clean as a whistle!

Opened the check valve and scale baby scale

So I called a few people and a dude from Sapphire Ron gave me the most useful advice!

My water mod was empty so I pulled the draw hose off added an extender into a bucket and put Prochem descaler in the bucket then let it cycle for 10 minutes.

The water pressure was back to normal.

I did a couple rat nasties with the lower pressurer today and they took way to long!

Looking forward to the flow.

Back
Top Bottom