Pro 1200???

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Pro's / con's on the sapphire pro-1200

I'm looking to possibly upgrade to new van and tm in the spring of 2015.

What options did you get?

Thanks guys.
Scott

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Scott;

Just a suggestion: Why don't you contact Pemberton for some set-up suggestions? They have a great reputation and are very helpful.

Best;
Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

Name
Tom McLaughlin
Pro-1200 is bullet proof, customers purchase them and we only see them for chemicals afterwards. After their 50-hour service check, they're rock solid, 3 year warranty too. Granted, you lose a bit on the gas, you can have the factory trained mechanic customize the operating speeds ( low, medium, high) through the idle control module. Plenty of power, 56 vacuum blower, cat-5 pump, tons of heat after initial start up in the morning. Pro-1200 will out last the vehicle, we've got several in their second van. We've got a fleet of them, they take alot of abuse from the technicians and keep going and going. If you're ever in the neighborhood, stop by, say hello, I'll introduce you to Greg our mechanic, he can give you a complete run down on the pro-1200's.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Got any pics?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Scott;

Just a suggestion: Why don't you contact Pemberton for some set-up suggestions? They have a great reputation and are very helpful.

Best;
Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

Maybe because Scott wants to gather info from real "lifers" and doesn't want to hear sales pitches from dealers...(i do agree on Pemberton's reputation btw)

That would be the number one goal of this forum. And here he could get info from the likes of Gargan and others...he could do a search as well here, to find a ton of info on the unit.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I have already been talking to pembertons, as if I do buy it will be from them. Jim Pemberton might as well be a business partner as much as he has helped me over my cleaning career, always helpful always on the ball.

Reactions: hogjowl

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Pro-1200 is bullet proof, customers purchase them and we only see them for chemicals afterwards. After their 50-hour service check, they're rock solid, 3 year warranty too. Granted, you lose a bit on the gas, you can have the factory trained mechanic customize the operating speeds ( low, medium, high) through the idle control module. Plenty of power, 56 vacuum blower, cat-5 pump, tons of heat after initial start up in the morning. Pro-1200 will out last the vehicle, we've got several in their second van. We've got a fleet of them, they take alot of abuse from the technicians and keep going and going. If you're ever in the neighborhood, stop by, say hello, I'll introduce you to Greg our mechanic, he can give you a complete run down on the pro-1200's.

How do you have a sapphire pro 1200 in a second van already?

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Zee;

Maybe because Scott wants to gather info from real "lifers" and doesn't want to hear sales pitches from dealers...(i do agree on Pemberton's reputation btw)

Respectfully, your statement above seems at odds with itself. If Pemberton has such a great reputation (I agree) why would you throw "a sales pitch" at them? Are you insinuating that ALL "dealers" , or sellers always use sales pitches and never honestly help someone? After all, they did get their great reputation from being "honest".

Best;
Ed Valentine

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Hey we are all salesmen...I am an honest business man too and yet I still give sales pitches to customers and potential customers...so what's your question?

Sorry for derailing the thread...I just wanted to be helpful by suggesting that Scott asks real life users and do searches here instead of Ed Valentine's advice to go straight to a dealer...

Name
Marcus
Get the largest most economical easy to work on tm. With kero or propane heat...heat exchangers have less heat and are complicated
Belt driven is easier town on
I can get my truckmount worked on by local mechanics w no truckmount experience
Or rebuild your own so youwillknow how to replace parts...
I rebuilt mine for 3500...5000$$
Simple no frills save $$$
It is not what you gross it is what you net
You can net 70...80 percent with low expenses..with sole owner
Cap
Prices
2200$ generac35 hp
1750$ tuthill blower 47
1500$ northern tool kero heater 220 btu
100..700$ elec pump. Or cat pump
It was all replaced by local auto mchanic

Last edited:

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Zee;

Hey we are all salesmen...I am an honest business man too and yet I still give sales pitches to customers and potential customers...so what's your question?

That's alright, Zee, please take two aspirins' and go to bed; you'll feel better in the morning.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geees

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Zee;

That's alright, Zee, please take two aspirins' and go to bed; you'll feel better in the morning.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geees

Perhaps I'm the only one that doesn't understand what you are talking about...if so, forgive me.

Again, Ed, my point is: I tried to point Scott to a direction where there are real life opinions on his future purchase.

All of us deal with potential customers that we sell to. But our best sales pitch sometimes comes up short compared to a sales pitch that
comes from another person that experienced our service before. In other words- a good referral from a cheerleader type customer.

Why is that a problem that I brought this up? If Scott can get good opinions on the unit he'll be a much easier customer to sell to when ready to buy. Everyone wins.

Last edited:
Name
Tom McLaughlin
How do you have a sapphire pro 1200 in a second van already?

Technically we don't have a complete Sapphire Pro-1200 in a second van yet. We've been transferring White Magic pro-1200's (and Steam Genie's) using the Sapphire front end kit which is the near exact copy of the old White Magic front end kit. At least a couple dozen so far, maybe even over 30, I lose track. Jim Pemberton is a good guy, he'll hook you up, no worries.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Get the largest most economical easy to work on tm. With kero or propane heat...heat exchangers have less heat and are complicated
Belt driven is easier town on
I can get my truckmount worked on by local mechanics w no truckmount experience
Or rebuild your own so youwillknow how to replace parts...
I rebuilt mine for 3500...5000$$
Simple no frills save $$$
It is not what you gross it is what you net
You can net 70...80 percent with low expenses..with sole owner
Cap
Prices
2200$ generac35 hp
1750$ tuthill blower 47
1500$ northern tool kero heater 220 btu
100..700$ elec pump. Or cat pump
It was all replaced by local auto mchanic
That's real helpful Marcus. You obviously have never worked with a Pro1200. I've only owned two and have put on a combined 32000 hours on them over the last 27 years. The HX's are real complicated. They extract heat as engine coolant flows through and when the vacuum blower is running. Pretty complex. Unless you're not a moron. Heat is reliable 230 degrees. You can rebuild your slide-in machine a dozen times before the Pro1200 needs to be rebuilt.

Reactions: dealtimeman
F

FB7777

Art, in 27 years you have run a 1200 32,000 hours?

That's 1185 hours per year, and you run a portable almost half the time?

Damn, when do you have any fun?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I am hearing from owners that the White Magic version was a very dependable unit. However, the Sapphire version ... the jury is still out.

I would LOVE to buy one from my favorite dealer ... TCS ... but as it is RIGHT NOW, I wouldn't.

Time will tell if Sapphire gets it's act together.

Of course, the dealer has a lot to do with the success of the experience. Pembertons (as well as TCS) would certainly be stand up, technically savy dealers.

So, your experience may be better than ... others have been.

Reactions: FB7777
Name
Marcus
No I have never seen a pto...don't know of anyone in this area of texas that has these they are rare in texas...
But probably the best vacuum of any machine...
Still get better heat with kero....probably overkill but great for resturants with a zipper...
I checked around when I bought a truckmount and couldn't find anyone in houston austin dallas or San Antonio to work on them..
But I think there is someone in dallas now?
Happy cleaning
Cap

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Building one is out of the question, sapphire is the way I want to go, I simply don't have extra time . Working 16 hrs a day most of the year.

So back on track here, in understand sales pitches, but like I said I'm buying from pembertons if I upgrade, my machine now the rage is currently meeting most of the needs, but I could really use duel wand capabilities, and a new van. Looking to maximize my profits with the time I have, and a lot of the bigger jobs that clog up my schedule for days could be knocked out in half the time with two techs cleaning.

I was looking for pictures of setups, real world info on people who have them and what the pros and cons are. I work in cold weather a lot and don't want extra maintenance as my distributors two hrs away.
Was looking to keep in standard length van and yet have room for extras.

The list so far.

1 ton Chevy van with extended warranty
Water pond /water transfer pump
Pro 1200
Heavy duty apo
120 gallon waste tank
Line x bed liner
2 greenhorn wands
400ft of vac/ solution
And possibly cdv box

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
As far as sapphire's track record goes, I can say this. I have been in the machining industry for 12 years and make complex parts, and see some cool stuff , I also used to work for a welder, and from what I've seen the sapphire units are built pretty solid. Excellent welds, very detailed machining, they are innovative, and their heat exchangers are top of the line, hell my rage is a fire breather and it's only 18hp and I'm out cleaning guys with machines twice the size. Who else thinks of using box frame on a tm let alone use it with a fan to keep belts cool. Or get a huge amount of free heat from heat your already generating.

Yes they got the pro 1200. Design and updated it and made small. Hanges but it was a design that was already proven.

Will Reed

Name
Will Reed
Ok so Pro 1200's apparently have good longevity because most of the wear is on the van itself instead of the machine. How fast do they wear out vans because that seems to be where most of the depreciation comes from? Lets say for example a van that has 50,000 miles and 5000 hours on the Pro 1200. 50k miles isn't a lot but obviously the van has a lot more wear then that from running the TM.

Reactions: Scott S.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
so wonder what one hour on the vans engine is equivalent to in miles.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Moot point. No longer made.

Is it time to retire?
I run 405's, also no longer made. What WILL I do?...

No problem. the WM has stainless tanks and is well built. Just a matter of time before Sapphire makes one. Same front end and most parts as the Pro-1200.

Modernistic supports them as well.

The 405s NEED no support at all.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Ok so Pro 1200's apparently have good longevity because most of the wear is on the van itself instead of the machine. How fast do they wear out vans because that seems to be where most of the depreciation comes from? Lets say for example a van that has 50,000 miles and 5000 hours on the Pro 1200. 50k miles isn't a lot but obviously the van has a lot more wear then that from running the TM.

It's not too bad. You just have to keep the engine compartment cool. I prop up the hood. A radiator fan would be nice for when you're idling in the driveway. At 50000 miles and 5000 hrs I would consider the Express/Pro1200 just starting to break in. I have 120000 miles on my 10 year old van and it looks and drives like new; same engine and transmission.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom