pro caps machine

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
WE picked up an used pro caps machine on e-bay 45 miles away.
wow
we love it
does not take up as much room in a van as a 175
my back feels alot better getin out of the van
an idiot could use it
seem to do a great job on agittation
hope it lasts for a while
RD

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
careful when "an idiot" gets close to a lose seam :idea:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My observation is that it HOPS on commercial.

Too bulky for residential scrubs.

A GLS gets right up to the edges.

John Watson

Derrick, after going to the school of hard knocks a while one learns and IICUC Certified Operator class use to state to scrub with the seam not across..

I Have an ID-10-T Placque on my wall too..

Name
Bruce
I've had one for just over a year and I love it for residential but like Jimmy says, it hops on commercial. Mines still going strong, I use it just about every day.

I have one, it is a must for me. Works in prespray before extraction. But the machine is made like junk. I quess it was worth the 1200 dollars I paid for it. But I would not recommend this machine to my fellow carpet cleaners. Looks like a 3-5 year machine to me. Look at something else. Ron

I bought an icapsol from Rick G. This is the worst POS I have ever bought in 10 years in the biz. I have spent 500.00 in parts that are not covered by the warranty. The brushes are about 150.00 each and my last one worked for 2 months before it fell apart at the bering end. I have replaced the following.
Dirt tray
3 brushes (not covered)
belts (that broke when brush seizes not covered)
Brush clips ( 1 broke and the others are so lose the brushes fall out)
Cord (broke where it goes into handle not covered)
Cord holder fell off
Post (these keep the machine off the brush while not in try)
Handles become lose
Powder coating flaked off in the first 3 months( all over the customers home)

The best part of this nightmare has been Rick G and his staff they have tried very hard to get me help but Windsor was not willing due to my machine was past warranty. After lots of work on Rick's part they called and want me to drive this tool 2 hours and have a "certified shop" look at it due to the fact that I can't put the parts on as well as them. This call from Windsor was a total set up to refuse my claims. I never heard from the CA Rep and I have not taken it in for inspection as I can no longer afford to put any more time or resources into this total piece of junk tool. We take great care of all our tool's this tool is total junk

The things I have learned from this are,

Excellent Supply and Ricks staff are top notch (rick you need to stop selling Windsor asap)
The iCapsol & Procaps are JUNK
Windsor can not be trusted (ask around and you'll find other victims)
The money that I spent buying and repairing the iCapsol I could have bought the better tools on the market.
I WAS a Pro Chem loyalist for years and have lost all trust in Pro Chem/ Windsor !!

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have on also

I have only had it hop on comercial carpet twice and I do quite a bit of commercial

Can't disagree with what Chris has said, I have had a few problems also

replaced the motor, warranty
broken post
broken handle, if you ever lean the machine back on the handle to clean it make sure you gently lay the handle on the ground
powder coat flaked off
cord broken where it goes into the handle but I blame that one on operator error, I just zip tied cord to the handle, fixes the operator laziness

still use it all the time, don't yet regret buying it

175 and red pad sometimes works better on loop commercial but the procap machine works better on cut piles situations and is great for pulling out pet hair

if the seam is bad then you should in most cases be able to spot that during preinspection and avoid the seam, it isn't to bulky for residential

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Knock on wood, I love mine and havent had any trouble with it.....Yet. It does scrud better than my rotary but my rotary is very old and very lightweight.

Raedan

No problems yet with mine. Haven't had it bounce on commercial either.
Sorry to hear you had problems Chris.

Joe

Mike Draper

had myne 2 months already broken " loud knocking sound when it's turned on" I think one of the gears is busted inside, any ideas on what this is please let me know.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have a GLS machine that has held up fine.
I first got it for Shampooing but soon figured out that it's just too damn lite for serious dirt hiding.

Now all I use it for is Travertine floors and the occasional pet hair infested pile carpet.

If it broke I would replace it with a Host machine.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
For you guys that have had problems with the Procaps did you or have you looked at the Brush Pro from Interlink?

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I have acces to both and I find the performance and reliability to be much better with the brush Pro.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
brush_pro.jpg

procaps20deluxe.jpg

Not the best pic of the Brush Pro but it gives you the idea.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Whittiker makes it. Out of all the Pros I've sold not one has had an issue until this week but this unit is also 2 years old and has been heavily used.

TimP

I just looked up the brush pro....$ 2887.80 EA. OUCH

The whittaker system is a little bit cheaper and comes with a ton of extras.

Rick G has the sprint at just under 1700 bucks. Pilemaster 20" at 2525. and 15" pilemaster at 2325.

These things are way too expensive. Sprint looks like the best deal especially since it comes with a tank, but it's the smallest at 14".

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Chris i'll call you monday. Not sure why rick can't get anything taken care of but even though you didn't buy it from me i'll take care of it. I haven't had any issues with the pro caps except operator error that doesn't mean you didn't get a lemon Chris.

I will say it isn't a machine you can abuse. you must keep it clean or the tray can get stuck and you can break the tray handle pulling on it. the cord problem is from running over it. I had someone do that to my demo machine.

I'm going to make sure Tim Baker, Glen Wilson and Bob Kline are all aware of this thread.

Mikey P

Administrator
I dont use it for anything.

I have a GLS.

But like I said, if the GLS got jacked, I would replace it with the Host.

I use the GLS only on severely matted or pet hair infested piles.

It's really my Travertine scrubber.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I did see that you didnt have one but would purchase.

Dont know why I asked that.. :lol:

I have noticed tons of them selling on ebay the last couple of years and was wondering what so many people used them for.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom