PROBLEM WIT MY GENIE!!!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OH NO.....second time now...Phil calls me up stranded...truck WON'T RUN!!!!

These Ford vans has TWO fuel pumps on 'em...and i THOUGHT the front one went out las week so i replaced it!

Well it happened again today.....luckily i put a fuel pressure gauge on between the regulator and the carb and could spot the trouble right away!

Fuel inj pumps puts out about 40 lbs and my reg steps it down to about seven.....to my teeny tiny carb that burns .8 GPH.....

Matt King

Two pumps for what? Are both electric or 1 mechanical, 1 electric? I've just never seen that on 1/2 ton van. Interesting though... You using the Holley 2 barrel carbs? Those things are like gold around here.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Naw Matt, theres an electric pump in the tanks (both) and then a canister filter half-way up the frame (i removed the element) then just in front of that there is ANOTHER electric pump wit a filter...then plumbed up to a regulator that i step down to seven lbs then to the carb.....

I believe that i will install an electric pump on the frame like a race car and be done with this crap......that's twice this week that he's been stranded...right in my rush time!

Matt King

ahh.. push the fuel to the restrictive canister I presume and pull it through and up to the motor with the second pump? That thing must have been fuel injected at one point to require 2 pumps to hold the pressure no? I'd gut that whole mess. Stick a pump on the frame like you said and be done with it.. I had an old Dodge van years ago w/a 318 and TB injection. That intank fuel pump would always go out and I got tired of dropping the tank and paying almost 400 bucks for a new pump each time. I did the same thing. Put a 2 barrel on it and actually just stuck a mechanical pump off the cam on there. The block was still cast for it. I just had to get the pump rod and pump. About 75 bucks and I never had a problem again...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
YA...i wish....this one's still got the FI timing cover wit no hole...PLUS the fuel gauge would be in-operative as well....when the truck gets home today, i'm gonna check the tank switch..it may be switchin' over to the front tank that's empty....

The Preacher

is that POS 78 eCONoline still under warranty??? just take it back to the factory a mile up the road!!!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
HEEEY NOW!!!

I paid over $250.00 for that truck seven years ago...it's gotta last longer than this......

It's funny cuz my plates each year costs almost as much as the truck costed......me!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I saw your van going down the road the other day and snapped a quick pic.

Doekilla was driving fine, BTW.
not reckless or speeding, but tell him to cruise in the RIGHT lane so i don't have to pass on the right side.

PLUS..when that POS van breaks down, he won't have to coast to the left side medium

Picture352.jpg

...L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I got a complete set of "brand new" doors for that van.....ANYTHING made by human hands can be made like brand new....

Name
Bruce
bob vawter said:
Naw Matt, theres an electric pump in the tanks (both) and then a canister filter half-way up the frame (i removed the element) then just in front of that there is ANOTHER electric pump wit a filter...then plumbed up to a regulator that i step down to seven lbs then to the carb.....

I believe that i will install an electric pump on the frame like a race car and be done with this crap......that's twice this week that he's been stranded...right in my rush time!
Put the big Barry Grant on it and really run some fuel through it. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom