Problem with Multi Sprayer, any ideas?

G

I have a battery powered Multi Sprayer that is about a year old. I normally keep it plugged in to truck when not in use. Now when I go to use it there is hardly any power. I turn it on and you hear the motor run for a few seconds then quiet. It will spray but barely. With an 06 jet in it stuff comes out at a trickle. When I plug it back in to cig lighter and turn it on it runs at full power and you hear it the whole time. It sprays as it should. When I unplug back to same problem.

Any idea? Could the battery be bad this quick? Its about a year old and I don't really use it that much.

Scott Rogers

Some times batteries go out quick. It certainly sounds like the battery is not holding a charge or not fully charging in the first place. You can check the voltage with a ohm meter.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Look at the holder for the wand. Also notice the bottom of the compartment for the chemical container. It is easy for water to drip or leak down to the motor, electrical wiring and the battery. This can shorten the useful life of the battery.

Our product that competes with the MS, OmniPro, has solid plastic. No caulk, no holes, no gaps. OmniPro is also a few dollars cheaper.

Scott Warrington

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
It's possible the battery is toast.
never let them stay in a discharged state over night.
Always put it on the charger as soon as your done with the job.

It's also possible the wire on the diode came lose or corroded and it's not getting a charge at all.
That happened to ours once.
Take the bottom out,(the plastic piece the jug sits on) and inspect the wiring connections from the charging port to all points beyond

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Do you have a local "Battery Patrol" or any place that just sells batteries?
Its a simple 12 volt battery you can get anywhere.

And like Larry said always keep it plugged in when not using it.

That OMNI sprayer is too awkward and that handle is too cumbersome to use.

Interlink just wanted to save some money by making it themselves instead of just carrying the Multisprayer.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
before you get to radical about it............ look at the point connections on the battery and where the battery seats itself into the sprayer....good chance that those contacts are dirty and just need to be cleaned so it can get a better connection for charging....

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Curt;

It is a 12V 7 amp-hour battery.

It is a common size used for many purposes, but the terminal size is not as common.

We stock the battery as do several electronics supply houses.

Larry Cobb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom