Problems with our new centrum duster!

Ron K

Or, Joe, you can call me and I'll tell you all about the "Condom".

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
image.jpeg
1st 10 rugs, 1st 1/2 hr

Name
Nate W.
Does it get as much dust out as a regular duster?

It actually gets out more.... As the rug fibers flex and bend, it opens up to shake/tumble dust the dirt/grit at the base of the rug.... That's one of the most time consuming things when cleaning rugs.... It makes it the pile soft to the touch.... Pre-dust and post-dust is awesome when you have a tumble duster.....

We've had the cement style mixer one that D.A. Burns has.... My pops trashed it when we moved to our new shop.... We didn't have the space or electrical to run it....

Last edited:
Reactions: ruff
Name
Nate W.
Post dust to get it softer?
Silks?
No brushing?

Depends, but most of the time yes if there isn't any damage to the rug.... Judgement calls when tumbling rugs with tassel loss, moth damage, stiff rugs, ect.... Believe it or not, I've seen 90line Chinese rugs have the tassels untwist after going in a tumbler.... Care should be kept in mind.... I rather be safe than sorry....

If you do a lot of silk rugs, get the silk brush from Paul Lucas of ChemMax... It's the one you put on the Certified Pile Lifter... Basically a circular carding brush.... Makes fast work of grooming silks...

Reactions: ruff

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
It sure gets more out than I thought. Give me some time with it. We've built a box around the motor with plastic strips allowing us to wheel it out. The holes are on the side of the box for venting.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Reactions: T Monahan

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
He must have meant that if you forgot and left your vanity mirror near your work area, expect that it will have an accumulation of a film of dust.

Mikey P

Administrator
Joe

Being new to this machine are you trusting your rug shop foreman to decide what goes through and what does not?

Or is that on your shoulders for now?

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
We've spoken with many tumbler users and feel confident what should and shouldn't go in.
I'm sure he'll make some mistakes, but you've just got to trust your people.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom