Problems with our new centrum duster!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The dangerous particles are the small ones that can stay airborne for hours. I would definitely want it outside like yours with a vent. I'd like to see one running with a little sunlight shining through.

Gene

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
The dangerous particles are the small ones that can stay airborne for hours. I would definitely want it outside like yours with a vent. I'd like to see one running with a little sunlight shining through.

Gene
Gene is correct. We recommend a dust collection or evacuation system for airborne floaters.

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
Gene, we've planned on using a dust collector that would be mounted on the roof.

The one we're considering is the Grizzly Dust Collector from Harbor Freight.

Last edited:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Gene, we've planned on using a dust collector that would be mounted on the roof.

The one we're considering is the Grizzly Dust Collector from Harbor Freight.
Grizzly makes pretty good stuff. I have the jet and it has hundreds of nonstop hours and moves a lot of air. Even still with certain woods I wear a respirator. For airborne floaters they make some excellent products used in the woodworking industry. The granite place here uses water to knock down the dust. Since the rugs are going to get washes anyway I'm surprised their isn't a misting system of some sort.

Gene

Reactions: Joe Appleby

rmann

Name
Robert Mann
We use a Grizzly system with two separate dust collection receptacles. It works well for fine air-born particles, though most of the fiber and soil falls to the floor and you don't get much in the dust collectors. The system is pretty loud and if had it to do over I'd locate it outside the building or in an enclosure. If anyone still has any doubts about the usefulness of these tumblers all I can say is you have to try one out. We have a old 16' Moore flatbed duster and hardly ever run it; we use our tumblers every day for most of the rugs we clean.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'm looking for a HEAVY DUTY steel platform cart 8' long and 3-3.5 ft wide to carry rugs.
Haven't found anything of that size. I'm tired of repairing our old wooden cart.
We had ours made at a local fab shop. C-cross section frame, sheet steel top, one-inch pipe sections welded to the plate that we can slip sections of 3/4 inch pipe into. Including wheels they cost around $400 - but the last ones we had made were ten years ago.

Would any of you who have built a closet done something different if you were to build another?
We built ours out of wood, just 2x4s and plywood. the sides hinge as well as the doors to make it easier to sweep up the large particulate. The fine stuff is collected with a fairly large double-bag shop dust collector. Don't know the brand off the top of my head, but it doesn't make any more noise than the tumbler while running. Can't think of anything I would change.

Reactions: Joe Appleby

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
Fab shop down the street is making our carts with a design similar to Brian's at Hogopian.
We're told our tumbler arrives this week. My contractor is building the closet this Saturday. He'll wire it with power
for the tumbler along with our 2hp dust collector from Harbor Freight. I'm thinking roll up door for space considerations.
No, it won't be a power door with a remote. Hoping our new dusting system is operational in a week. Next project, upgrade our heating system in the dry room.

I'm done. The flashing banner below is giving me a headache.

Reactions: EDS

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I tell everyone this, when you get it run a load of clean rugs in it first. I had a guy from Washington visit to check mine out I told him bring a clean rug down, told him to have his guys roll it out
first and dust thoroughly again just to make sure then bring it down. We got a full large dust pan of stuff out of that rug.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
I tell everyone this, when you get it run a load of clean rugs in it first. I had a guy from Washington visit to check mine out I told him bring a clean rug down, told him to have his guys roll it out
first and dust thoroughly again just to make sure then bring it down. We got a full large dust pan of stuff out of that rug.

My thanks to Randy for permitting that visit to occur! It really is the best advice. It is amazing to see what comes out of a so-called clean rug. The Tumble Duster lives up to the words of our registered trademark:

Helping You To Get The Most OUT of Rugs®

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Anyone can get dirt out of a rug the real question is have you gotten as much as possible can out of a rug?

It dusts rugs differently than any other method

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Funding was made on June 30th and it was ready to ship before Rug Summit. Delayed until Joe could be home from traveling to accept it. Happy Tumbling!

Ron K

Funding was made on June 30th and it was ready to ship before Rug Summit. Delayed until Joe could be home from traveling to accept it. Happy Tumbling!
Sent you an Email give me a call tomorrow Tom Thanks.

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
I asked the shipping be delayed one week when I was told it was ready to ship Oct. 13th., not before the Rug Summit. I would have gladly accepted delivery when I paid in full June 30th. But why split hairs when it's over 3 months.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
I asked the shipping be delayed one week when I was told it was ready to ship Oct. 13th., not before the Rug Summit. I would have gladly accepted delivery when I paid in full June 30th. But why split hairs when it's over 3 months.

Not trying to split hairs. Just revealing what happened. The unit was paid for and crated for shipment before Rug Summit. (Specifically September 24th according to our in shop job ticket) Apparently, Greg determined that if shipped, it would likely not arrive before you needed to leave for New Mexico for Rug Summit IX. He understood you needed to be personally at your place for the delivery. At Rug Summit Greg learned that you needed to delay it just a hair longer for personal reasons.

We generally take about 12 weeks from time of order to have it ready for shipping. We are working at improving our build and delivery times.

My personal apology.

Did you get the containment room built? Please share pictures when the machine is running. Thanks!

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
image.jpegimage.jpeg
"Houston, the eagle has landed."

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Those are some serious joists up there - are you storing sacks of cement on top or something?

Back
Top Bottom