Prochem apex diesel

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
There is a Prochem apex diesel for sale locally in a cube van. Thinking of purchasing the unit and removing it from the truck so the dealer can sell the truck. Any thoughts on the performance or reliability of these units?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
why would you want a stinkyazz diesel TM?

..L.T.A.
Screenshot_20190125-124013_Chrome.jpg
I want a diesel...
those are litre prices not gallon

Reactions: dealtimeman

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The unit was a good one. A little issue with vibration but not super significant.

My only issue was with what Larry said. Diesel units just create a lot of stink. I had them install an exhaust from the machine and under the chassis to the end. That way, I did not get the stink in the van. However if I was working anywhere close or the wind shifted it made the whole place I was cleaning smell of diesel.

Thunderbolt is correct I did own it for less than a year. But why not buy it Ron, you've already have at least three of all and any other gadget? :winky:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The unit was a good one. A little issue with vibration but not super significant.

My only issue was with what Larry said. Diesel units just create a lot of stink. I had them install an exhaust from the machine and under the chassis to the end. That way, I did not get the stink in the van. However if I was working anywhere close or the wind shifted it made the whole place I was cleaning smell of diesel.

Thunderbolt is correct I did own it for less than a year. But why not buy it Ron, you've already have at least three of all and any other gadget? :winky:
Thanks Ofer. Just thinking of refurb and passing it along. Have to get the guy down to my price. $1-2000 max. It's too heavy for my little diesel truck and don't want to buy a van for it.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

I'm surprised by the smell of the exhaust. Maybe not burning completely.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Not sure Ron, but it stunk a long way from the van if the wind was coming that way. It could have been from the Apex or the Sprinter as both were diesel. That is my experience with all diesel, including my current dodge pickup.

The machine itself is good and the Kubota engine was indestructible.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Not sure Ron, but it stunk a long way from the van if the wind was coming that way. It could have been from the Apex or the Sprinter as both were diesel. That is my experience with all diesel, including my current dodge pickup.
My little 4 cylinder box truck is pretty good. You smell it on start up but after that it's fine. I am working on an old steamway mastermatic that used to have a Kero burner. I had the burner completely rebuilt but it still smoked a little and stank. I just took it off and am looking at replacing it with a propane burner or maybe fabricating a heat exchanger for it. Thinking of converting the engine to propane so have only one fuel to run the engine and heater. The blower is capable of 300-350 CFM so perfect for the little truck.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
With the stinky diesel you will know if your vehicle is parked too close or in the wrong spot when you are cleaning. Exhaust is exhaust difference is that one will kill you without notice.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Andy it wasn't exhaust as in dying from carbon monoxide because you're parked too close.
I had a situation where I was parked at least 100 feet from the building and the place was on the third floor.
Still got that diesel stank. Diesel just has a much stronger smell that carries a long way.

Reactions: Cleanworks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Anyone on here using one? There’s one for sale with very low hours in a diesel van.

Anymore feedback would be great

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We've only serviced a few out there (never sold one).

Consensus as above: Stinky, but reliable.

They don't run as hot, so your won't get the cleaning heat out of it that you might get with a gasoline powered one. The helicoil heat exchanger isn't available any longer, but there is a conversion to the current one used by Legend Brand units.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
There is a Prochem apex diesel for sale locally in a cube van. Thinking of purchasing the unit and removing it from the truck so the dealer can sell the truck. Any thoughts on the performance or reliability of these units?
Yes. Your wallet will be Darnelled.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom