Prochem Aqua-Helix vs Sapphire WD StickVac

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
the latest water extraction tools are making contrary claims

Aqua-Helix has claimed it out performed the motorized extraction tool ..that according to Brudder's

his statement ;

"Oh and for anyone who is wondering about how much time the other tool company was given to do the job. They had the same amount of time as the motorized extraction tool which they claim to beat. "

on this thread;

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showthread.php?262857-Some-new-goodies-from-Sapphire-Vegas

SS StickVac went behind the Aqua-Helix (AH) , it puled a ton water .
Listen to the dude's cometary in the vid dogging the AH (starting around 2:20 in the vid on post 4 of above thread link
But pulled minimal moisture from the motorized ext'r (which i assume is a stand and ride on Rover )

Near the end he says only the Rover is better than the SS StickVac
But the StickVac pulled noticeable moisture from the Rover side

I'm confused :cry:

it would appear the StickVac can out perform ALL ..if the operator doesn't fatigue bearing down aggressively for the WHOLE job
(which we all know won't happen on any but the smallest jobs)

So...was the AH puled too fast for max effectiveness ?
When they claim it out performs even the motorized ride on ext'r...how SLOW does an operator have to pull the gizmo??

where's the Prochem rep?
Olsen, you want to take this one on and be their proxy?
Rich, did you receive and try yours yet?

How 'bout you WD guys....do you think the SS StickVac and the "hard press" needed to squeegee the pad too for max effectiveness be operator sustainable for an hour or more ??...on a hot day...in a soaked room?

StickVac is $600
AH is $860 (?)

why isn't the Water Claw better and easier than both??

what am i missing???

..L.T.A.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
i watched the videos in the other thread and am wondering if either tool is better than a water claw and which of the 2 new tools really removes more water. i would be interested in buying a couple if they can prove to be a better tool than the water claw at extraction

Mark Saiger

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

thanks Mark, and glad you're on.

we do very limited WD..i turn more down that we do.
But in the "old days" we bore down on a glided wand to squeegee extract...kind of what the Rover is essentially, no??
just no fatigue factor and more weight ,,so it obviously is better

anyway, I thought i died and went to heaven when i bought a Med Deluxe Claw ..how much easier could it get..NO more killing ourselves with a wand :rockon:
the StickVac reminds me of the "kill yourself again" days of bearing down for max effectiveness

I have no clue about the efficacy of the AH.
Seems like it would be similar to dragging a Water Claw across the carpet

..l.T.A.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
my first question would be . Why would you want to push water toward the wall ?.

but i guess i can wait till mf for the side by side

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
my first question would be . Why would you want to push water toward the wall ?.

so it migrates to the apt on the other side of the wall??

a SECOND apt to dry down....another dehue and airmover ....CHA-CHING!!

..L.T.A.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
so it migrates to the apt on the other side of the wall??

a SECOND apt to dry down....another dehue and airmover ....CHA-CHING!!

..L.T.A.

Ruff Ruff..could you come over and slap me on the back of the head, i could be retired by now

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I believe there's also a difference when they compare the rover hooked to a portable or a truckmount since they are using the newer extraction tool to a portable. Than there is also the difference of comparing the extreme extractor hooked up to a portable, truckmount, or the vac pac.

I have gotten the chance to run my extreme extractor w/ my Judson running 4 to the door on the dev large inline filter and it does a good job, but still not comparable to the vac pac all in one unit. There are times (as in lately) where I have not been able to use the EE due to not having room in my van and or renting a trailer (which I've done a handful of times so far), so I have been using the claw (and I hate it).

Here's the thing, Xactimate pays by the sqft not by the hour when it comes to water extraction, I don't want to be there for hours removing water.

So bottom line with these comparisons is to know what they're hooked into so we can justify the comparison, and I would also like to hear from non suppliers, manufactures, and real world testing from users of the forum.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We prefer the ride on tools for the ease of extraction, they cost more up front but you'll recover that money in the speed you can accomplish extraction. The hand tools are nice to have for tight spaces and closets but I don't foresee them taking the place of the ride on's.

I've got to agree with Larry that looks like quite a workout but then maybe he's just making it look awkward in the video because he doesn't do it regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Larry et all
We've made no comparisons to a water claw but we will provide all of that in a You Tube video soon.
Prochem did the extraction of the area that Mitch is having to reextract. :winky:
No one would ever suggest that you push water into a wall, frankly you can edge the wall with our tool to keep that from happening. Really Larry do you think that we have survived and grown as a company by promoting the expansion of affected areas on a water damage? Do you increase the charges for spot removal on your cleaning jobs by tracking extract dirt on the job or spilling your kool aid?:icon_rolleyes:
Richard, your spot on the money about ride along extractors a point I tried to make last month. Consistent quality extraction is what success is based on. Our tool however is perfect for closets and edging areas as well as small losses where you can get the job down fast.
Mitch had never used the tool before the video for more than a very quick training on a dry carpet. But please consider the fact that pushing forward is far better on a person than pulling backwards. That is what our body is designed to do, at least thats what we've been told about the human body......
We had to extract the area and do it fast because it was so darn wet, there was no setup here by anybody, there was however a true sense of urgency.
We used our new HVE3000 flood extractor to "power" the extraction.

Finally Larry please continue doing things the way you are, I wouldn't ever suggest that anyone mess with perfection. I will however speak up when I see people being directed to purchase an item such as John O from Superior did without ever using the product or having water damage restoration experience. My suggestion to everyone is try it yourself much like hammers at the hardware store they all feel a little different. :biggrin: And with this post I'm going to sign off from the discussion and get to work, there are 240 people and their families that I'm responsible for and I take that responsibility quite seriously. A good week to all.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Larry et all
We've made no comparisons to a water claw but we will provide all of that in a You Tube video soon.
Prochem did the extraction of the area that Mitch is having to reextract. :winky:
No one would ever suggest that you push water into a wall, frankly you can edge the wall with our tool to keep that from happening. Really Larry do you think that we have survived and grown as a company by promoting the expansion of affected areas on a water damage? Do you increase the charges for spot removal on your cleaning jobs by tracking extract dirt on the job or spilling your kool aid?

are you being dense on purpose to not see a joke??
I can understand why your funny bone isn't working so well...trying to find ways to reduce inventory of those Stryke-out wands would be no laughing matter
I

Finally Larry please continue doing things the way you are, I wouldn't ever suggest that anyone mess with perfection.

nothing perfect about me, Brudders
I'm just a dumbass BD and have never let on to being anything else but
I do however know a make shift, slapped together tool when I see one
One designed, I suspect, to find a salable use for a cheaped out CC'ing wand that bombed

And with this post I'm going to sign off from the discussion and get to work, there are 240 people and their families that I'm responsible for and I take that responsibility quite seriously. A good week to all.

I'm genuinely glad their future isn't contingent on the new StickVac:redface:

..l.T.A.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's got to be a response the the competition Larry.

The manual tools will get you by if you don't do that much wdr work but if you do it regularly or just want to make it simple and effortless, the ride on extractors are the way to go.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Chudd up Porkchop. :evil:

Hell I only paid $100.00 for it! I didn't have a car back then and it was the easiest way to get around campus.:icon_redface:

IMG_6385.jpg

IMG_7487.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Those are 4-year old pictures, they have been around awhile. Both are nice tools and they work really well but the guys like the steering on the Rover better.

A little expensive but they have been more than worth it. They simplify extraction, you run over it and when the tube is clear you know its good to setup drying.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The manual tools will get you by if you don't do that much wdr work

we don't..as mentioned, I turn more down than do

but if you do it regularly or just want to make it simple and effortless, the ride on extractors are the way to go.

the Water Claw is pretty effortless too...sure not a workout anyway...and even a fat BD like me could run it virtually non stop for hours and not break a sweat

So how are the push or pull manual tools (StickVac/push or AH/pull) better than a Claw ??
(assuming we can't afford/utilize the ride-on tool like you Big Ballers)

What are the practical uses for the new tools that a Claw can't/won't handle just as well or better??

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Larry I wouldn’t buy them if you’re happy with what you’re using. We have Leech’s a Canadian version of a Claw but built extra heavy duty. They work great but they are not very impressive, especially when you’re charging a premium for extraction.

I was ready to send the AQ back that we bought from John because it has some limitations; right up until Dan saw it. He liked the looks and told me we will work about it’s limitations. In fact he has already bought a second one. :errf:

A Rover kills it for use but a Rover can’t get in tight spots like closets, under pool tables, stair wells and when there is no power. Dan likes the looks much better than our carpet wands and wants them mainly because it looks more professional.

We will eventually buy a few more of them, more off looks than function.

2012-09-11_15-49-23_219.jpg

Reactions: tmdry

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Just thought I'd regurgitate this post seeing as how I never saw it before & only picked up on the AH on FB.

Bloody hell, all these acronyms are hard to keep up with.

Hey Dicky, what's an AQ ??

(I was ready to send the AQ back that we bought from John because it has some limitations; right up until Dan saw it. He liked the looks and told me we will work about it’s limitations. In fact he has already bought a second one.)

I like $Marty's moped. :winky:

:yoda:

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom