Prochem Axiom and foam problem

I recently started using Prochem Axiom Powdered Detergent. I like the way it smells, and it disolves very easy. I have noticed when emptying the waste tank that a lot of foam is present. In fact my vacuum has been off slightly and it could be the Axiom. Even when mixing it up in the 5 gallon container I can't fill the container up all the way because of the foam. Has anyone else tried this product and had the same experience I am having. I bought a 5 gallon bucket because my supplier was out of Slurry.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I always judge a cleaner by the foam coming out of the waste tank too.
Too much and it affects the suction.

What prespray are you using?

Maybe you could cut back on your dilution ratio for the emulsifier.
I always use half what is recomended.

Have you tried Kleerite's PCX powder?
It doesn't foam and will cut down any foam generated by the prsepray.

I always mix the emulsifier less than what the directions call for. The directions call for 3 cups. I use 2 or less and meter a 2 gallons per hour. For pre-spray I use power-strike, powerburst, or ultra-pac, but mostly powerstrike.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
How does powerstrike (PC) compare to Powerburst?

I know the difference is enzymes in the powerburst but other than that how do they compare?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Foam kills vac. If you're sure it's the product, can it.

That being said,there are many jobs that have stuff extracted that cause tons of foam. Make sure it's your product before getting rid of it.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Pitch it then. There's no reason to shoot yourself in the foot with a foamy product. It will seriously impede your dry times if foam is a big issue.

CleanEvo

I usually use Axiom pre-spray followed by Axiom free rinse, which works really well.

I always have Axiom powdered detergent on the truck to use on those really clean carpets that don't need pre-spray, it works really well on those. I've never noticed a lot of foam in the tank, is this something you've noticed over a period of time, or just once?

I've also used Axiom powder on moderately soiled carpets and used the Axiom pre-spray on the traffic areas and that worked well, although usually I like the idea of an acid rinse better.

My only complaint about Axoim is that you have to dilute it at the suggested rate for it to be effective and it can get expensive to use that way.

I recently tried a Judson 02 sample and it works as well as Axiom and costs waaaaaay less. Axoim on the other hand, has the certifications and the nice glossy brochures that really sell it the the customer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom