Prochem Everest 650

Dan Riverside

Name
Dan Trotter
So last night I was cleaning the rugs at the local golfcourse and was halfway through when my machine abruptly stopped,I checked float tank (which was not full by the way) and evening disconnected shutoff but alas no luck,the machine turns over but won’t start,all belts seem fine and still turn upon ignition,damn thing just won’t run

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So last night I was cleaning the rugs at the local golfcourse and was halfway through when my machine abruptly stopped,I checked float tank (which was not full by the way) and evening disconnected shutoff but alas no luck,the machine turns over but won’t start,all belts seem fine and still turn upon ignition,damn thing just won’t run
Check to see if you have fuel pressure.

Dan Riverside

Name
Dan Trotter
That was my thought as well, usually when I’ve had fuel issues it shuts down gradually though, this seemed a little faster, where would I be able to check the fuel pressure?

Dan Riverside

Name
Dan Trotter
Well this particular machine comes with its own separate fuel injection system, I’m not mechanically inclined enough to test it unfortunately so I guess I’ll just go with plan B and take it to my mechanical guy 100 miles down the road,appreciate all suggestions and will pass it on to my guy,🍺cheers

Reactions: Cleanworks

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Perhaps it shut down for a safety issue like the full recovery tank shut down. Not sure what all can cause these shut down on an Everest but check oil and coolant.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Pull a plug wire off one of the spark plugs, using a good leather glove hold it close to a ground on the engine and crank the starter. Observe if there is spark.

Name
La Canada Carpet Cleaning
Hours? Doubt its the fuel pump, Its away from heat and exposure 7K on mine same pump.. Sure its something simple Good Luck and let us know what it was

Dan Riverside

Name
Dan Trotter
So it turns out it was the timing belt,all the teeth on the belt wore off,unfortunately we had to take the machine out of the van to make it easier to work on it and some machining needs to take place to get it back up and running, $1500-$2000 later sigh!

Thanks very much for all your suggestions, much appreciated,🍺cheers!

• Sad
Reactions: Nomad74

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
So it turns out it was the timing belt,all the teeth on the belt wore off,unfortunately we had to take the machine out of the van to make it easier to work on it and some machining needs to take place to get it back up and running, $1500-$2000 later sigh!

Thanks very much for all your suggestions, much appreciated,🍺cheers!
Have you had it adjusted before I think every 1k hours?
How many hours are on yours?
Once you wear that thing out what do we replace the 650 with? I don’t know if I could be happy with any other machine

Dan Riverside

Name
Dan Trotter
Never had the belt adjusted before but the tri flow blower went two years into ownership and I had it rebuilt for $3500,2700 hours so far, love the power but not impressed with the expensive fixes, might go back to a pto unit if this keeps up

FredC

Village Idiot
Never had the belt adjusted before but the tri flow blower went two years into ownership and I had it rebuilt for $3500,2700 hours so far, love the power but not impressed with the expensive fixes, might go back to a pto unit if this keeps up

Timing belt should be replaced every 2 years or 2k hours as per manual

wilpath

i have a everest also, there is no need to take machine out of the van to change timing belt, my son and i did ours couple months ago, she is approaching 9000 hours and is running great. mobil del vac oil changes, new spark plugs/wires, timing belt kit with new water pump, new bosch fuel pump recently done.
get someone who is familar with cars and together with step by step instructions , you can have it done in a few hours without this crazy cost........

Dan Riverside

Name
Dan Trotter
He didn’t have time to do the job today unfortunately so we took it out instead of me renting a room and having to stay there, took 20 minutes to extract machine which worked for me

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom