Prochem Everest 870

Name
Lee Stockwell
Thank you Justin.

Evidently near the end of the Ford run the GMC engine was in consideration. At least to the point of designing mounts etc. so that drawings and that manual page were printed.

Blueline used the GMC, sideways, in one design early in Sapphire's era.

So, there are no such engines floating around actually installed in an 870?

I do miss the 405. We had 5 or so, all Nissan. Bulletproof for the first 20 years.

Name
Justin Johnston
I am sure all power plants were looked at. And you are correct. Blueline did use the GM in the ThermalWave 2 Vortec.

There were not any GM's installed in 870's. They were in the TMT 888 as previously mentioned.

The 405 was a fantastic machine. It was one of the first machines I ever worked on when I started in this industry 17 years ago. There are still plenty of them out there running it is just harder and harder to find parts. There is a guy in Vegas that replaced his fleet of 405's with 370's and he said the heat was about the same. He did mostly residential with light commercial.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I just received my ThermalWave2 Vortec yesterday. It's my 3-4month project to have it prepped and ready for a 2nd route/backup unit. Is there any info you have on things I need to check to help it perform as it should?

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Lee Stockwell
So, although the 870 we have was invoiced as a tmt888, it has no such markings, and came with the paperwork just referenced. Thus I'm certain that if there is a machine out there with the GM engine, Sapphire built it for them.

Name
Justin Johnston
I just received my ThermalWave2 Vortec yesterday. It's my 3-4month project to have it prepped and ready for a 2nd route/backup unit. Is there any info you have on things I need to check to help it perform as it should?
Was the machine ever frozen? Are all the safety’s hooked up? Did it sit before you purchased it or was it in use? If it sat, how long did it sit?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It's been winterized and I tested it and saw no leaks. It sat for a few months.

Safety's???

Name
Lee Stockwell
Low pressure <50
Hi pressure >1200

High temp: 260 head, 285 exhaust exch., 165 water box

Orfice filter on trickle line
Filter on bypass line

Just for starters

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
C’mon Matt, TELL THE STORY....
It's a good unit, but it has some small issues and it wasn't installed correctly. That's all I know for now. And the van it's in has high miles and it has some minor issues also. I still bought it though, because the guy drove it 6hrs to deliver to me. If it was able to go non stop for that long, it's a solid van

It's not dependable yet, but it will be by early summer. I'm glad I bought it as a backup and not my main unit, or I'd be in panic right now.

Name
Justin Johnston
It's a good unit, but it has some small issues and it wasn't installed correctly. That's all I know for now. And the van it's in has high miles and it has some minor issues also. I still bought it though, because the guy drove it 6hrs to deliver to me. If it was able to go non stop for that long, it's a solid van

It's not dependable yet, but it will be by early summer. I'm glad I bought it as a backup and not my main unit, or I'd be in panic right now.
Lee pointed out the safety's I was questioning.
I would at the very minimum do a full service including all fluids, filters, belts, and spark plugs. If the safety's are bypassed I would determine if there is an underlying problem, or if they are actually bad. I would also lube the pressure regulator, check/tighten the packing nut on the 3-way valve and metering valve, and run it.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Matt my friend here I mentioned with Thermal Wave was very happy with the service and knowledge at Cleaners Depot in Nashville.

They did alot of repair and undoing of some shady repairs.

If it's super loud the boot sleeve from blower to silencer may be torn

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom