Prochem Everest on medium setting ?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It creates the same CFM on single wand as it does in dual wand. Turning it to dual wand and not dual wanding does nothing for you. It is all based on that torque curve and the load to perform the same on single wand as on dual wand.

FredC

Village Idiot
Not sure what the rpm on medium is.

Manual only gives engine/blower speeds on High.............knowing the medium engine RPM you should be able to get and idea. At least of the upper limits before any restrictions:

View attachment 2384

FredC

Village Idiot
John...it runs the same rpm on med and high?

or are you just saying there is more than can be used by a single wand on medium?

Asking cause I see rpm listed differently (2200 high/2200med) depending on what I'm looking at

Last edited:
Name
Todd
Thanks Guys. Whatever it is it's a HUGE difference compared to my Blazer. I saw another local cleaner in my neighborhood so i stopped by to introduce myself. He was nice enough to let me finish the last room with his 2005 Everest and TI wand. It was AWESOME. HE has over 4800 hrs on it and told me that he has had no problems with it at all ( Beside the basics).

It sure seemed like it had more lift too. My lift is set @13-14 on my 2010 Blazer GT. What is the lift on the Everest 408 ? It had a Nissan engine. I almost had an orgasm :p

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The machine is designed to operateoin the torque curve. The throttle will keep the engine running in the optimum based on the load. You will have the same CFM with one wand on the ground whether you run it on single or dual wand. Ill see if about finding the charts and uploading them Tomorow or maybe next week if I what is going on with me after my surgery doesn't start getting better.

Reactions: Vincent Feehan
Name
Lee Stockwell
Care to explain how that relates?

Sure. Many "specs" in our industry ignore real-world limits. Examples would be electric vac specs that lists both a maximum lift number and a maximum CFM number without noting you don't get both together.

Roots-type blowers generally move a fixed volume of air for each revolution (CFR or Cu.Ft/Rev). Spin it twice as fast, move twice the air.

However when it faces LOAD (higher Hg) more power is needed to drive it, sometimes substantially more. The blower mfg specs help a TM designer choose appropriate couplers and engines for the particular cfm and lift characteristics desired.

Because you asked...

Name
Todd
Sounds like Todd got a new TM.

I hope to gawd the installer leveled the machine in the van.

No not yet but if I can increase my productivity by 12% the bigger 25k machine will pay for its self. I am thinking a bigger machine will increase my productivity by 25 % :rockon: Im just running the numbers and trying to crack the top 25

Trust me I will disclose that I am the Trinity guy. I would feel guilty if I didn't…$hit needs to be straight and square and look like a professional fabricated it !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have at least 4-competitors with Everest's. They also have said they were problem free and great units. I'd buy the biggest you can afford, the larger power plants can take the abuse of cleaning better than the smaller lawn mower engines.

Mikey P

Administrator
I am thinking a bigger machine will increase my productivity by 25 %

How do you figure?

• You'll be dual wanding?
  • Less cleaning strokes with a wand
  • Less dry strokes?

Are you currently using a Rotary Extractor? If so I don't see the move helping much there, no where close to 25%, maybe 10%.

I think Richard is right though, durability should be better. The added heat in your van should be considered though.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just don't want you to be disappointed is all. :winky:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The Blazer is a good entry level unit, the Everest will give you more heat, less wear and tear on the powerplant . Where your unit is producing some good numbers it's taxing on the small motor, the bigger power plant won't even be stressed to pull they same numbers.

I'd agree with Mike production is going to be more on yourself unless running dual wands, which the Everest is capable of. In my opinion its a good move to go to that size, you can used the Blazer as backup or sell it to help offset the cost of the new unit.

Name
Todd
I was thinking less cleaning strokes and less dry strokes, more flow and heat but I don't know if it's worth going into debt for since I am now Debt free. Yes I am using the HOSS so I don't know if I would be able to clean faster with that or not. I was thinking I would be able to get away with not having to pre scrub almost every job with the CRB. I was hoping to just pre spray and wand out 80% of the jobs with the bigger machine. On most jobs I am there for an hour just getting it prepped with the CRB and multi sprayer before I even turn the machine on...

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The heat will definitely make a difference on your more soiled jobs. Whether it's worth taking on the debt is really up to you.
How old is your unit? If low hours then not much point however if she is getting long in the tooth you might consider it a better investment that paying for repairs.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don't care if you are using a tiny 18 hp rig with a 36 blower and a Little Giant #3, you still should not have to prescrub "almost every job".

Don't make this unnecessarily hard.

beagleboy

I never pre scrub jobs. Spray on flex rake it in and clean the carpet. Lots of hot water with little giant that Les Jones hooked me up with and the carpets are Clean when I am finished. You don't need a fifty thousand dollar machine to clean carpets . Spend your money on a helper and you will be far ahead of the game.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I was thinking less cleaning strokes and less dry strokes, more flow and heat but I don't know if it's worth going into debt for since I am now Debt free. Yes I am using the HOSS so I don't know if I would be able to clean faster with that or not. I was thinking I would be able to get away with not having to pre scrub almost every job with the CRB. .

I think you ought to start with a better pre-spray..or more of it

..L.T.A.

Reactions: hogjowl

Scott Rogers

I never pre scrub jobs. Spray on flex rake it in and clean the carpet. Lots of hot water with little giant that Les Jones hooked me up with and the carpets are Clean when I am finished. You don't need a fifty thousand dollar machine to clean carpets . Spend your money on a helper and you will be far ahead of the game.

You dont pre-scrub jobs? what the hell you think raking it in is? A electric scrub just does it faster easier and better. but a rake is the original scrubber

hogjowl

Idiot™
Raking in the prespray does make a difference, and so does prescrubbing with a machine.

But it's seldom necessary.

Certainly not on every job.

There's some rookie dude over on the JW board who is discussing his $149 minimum charge. He said it takes him between 2 and 2.5 hours to do a minimum job. I tried to get him to tell me his cleaning steps, cuz he's losing real money at that production rate, but he got mad and went into hiding. I gaurantee you he's Warnerizing the vacuuming and machine scrubbing every square inch, probably before rotary extracting.

Some of you just really have more time on your hands than is healthy.

And take this internet sh%^ too seriously.

Last edited:
Name
Todd
You are prescrubing with a crb AND using a HOSS?

Total overkill for 99% imo.

What prespray are you using and how much you putting down?

Yes and finish (groom) with the CRB and peroxide based encap. I use Premium products like Ultrapak, CTI extreme clean, Trashed green, Dry slurry etc (always buy bulk). I put down about 1 gallon for every 100-200 sq. ft. Not all my jobs are trashed. I do a good mix of middle class occupied homes and empty rentals / repos. I have a steady stream of referrals and repeats probably 80% of my work. I don't farm for referrals they just come with good work and great attitude.

I just bought 60 lbs of Grease Eater and 2 cases of OSR from Magic Wand's fathers day sale 50% off and free shipping. They seem to be working great.

My production rates and prices are very similar to what Marty stated above.

>>>>> $149 it takes him between 2 and 2.5 hours <<<<<< me too lol

This is how I protect the buckets of money I am making, JK

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom