Prochem Everest on medium setting ?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Just by running extreme clean as my emulsifier has speeded me up.

Prespray only the traffic areas and no scrub then emulsifier rinse.

Mikey P

Administrator
Todd do you use a Hydro Force?

if no, do.
Pre vac when needed
use soft water and dwell time, pick either the CRB or the RE when needed-many don't need either with dwell time and good PS, run 2.5 for 50 off the truck, keep your filters clean, use a two inch wand and you'll save more than 25% of your time. People are calling you back cause your a well spoken and presentable guy. NOT because you over clean their carpet. Their expectations are nowhere near as high as yours.

Get a ten dollar an hour kid to follow you around, moving furniture, pulling hoses and tefloning or what not. if you don't already have one.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ok well not to rain on your parade....but that pic is horrible, if you did all that you said on it...

here is a job that looks similar in nasty, yet...was PS, then a 360, with hot water rinse...no scrub, no groom, no after stuffs....

20120912_141608_zps1b0684b7.jpg

20120912_155652_zpsbdaeda1b.jpg

Cobbs powermax....and i think there was a little judson slop & gobble mixed in....

simplify, you dont need all those chems....

still shadows, for wear area, like yours...yet not as bad and only located at the spots in front of the chairs...

Name
Todd
Nice work Doug, What kind of Machine are you using? Like I said I did noticed a big difference in the cleaning with that Everest over my Blazer. It cleaned much faster and Better with less wear and tear on your body. He was using a Ti wand with NO glide and it was running smooth. My pick was from a Double wide with oil all over the parking lot tracked into the cheap poly carpet. It looks like your was too. I went through A bucket of Cobbs and Slop and Gobble. It all works great. Maybe I don't have enough HEAT

I Don't have enough flow on my HOSS right now, I misplaced the little restrictors ( have the smallest one in ) I and need to order the valve kit.

I might have an opportunity to sell my machine and van to a friend who lives in another state. That is why I am asking about the machines. If he does not buy it I will probably sit tight for another year. I only have 1100 hrs on my machine. I am just starting my 3rd summer.

Mikey, My HF has been nothing but trouble. I was thinking about getting an Electric Boss Sprayer from Mytee. Are they any Good? 120 psi

Thanks

Last edited:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
If you have less heat you may need more dwell time. Many people dobt take advantage of dwell time and work too hard. Add another oz or two to your mix.

I learned I could schmooze mrs piff while the presray was dwelling in her nasty living room and talk about protector, then invite her over to watch me clean so she could see the difference.

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
I've ran HFs since my early Coit days when they first came out, and maybe once a year I have to mess with the dema valve.

Its so fast and efficient I would tell you to check your filters and take the meter tips out and go without. Bucket test it to see what your system is really putting out (mine creates 8 gallons of rtu prespray. If you have soft water you only need to add 1 to 2 ounces of any kick ass PS to the jug. Try Enzall, its really good, add some 02 if you got a piss or coffee job.

Hoody is correct, especially on thin carpet, especially loop/berber.

With good PS and wand technique we only scrub about 40% of our jobs and RE maybe 10%.

Name
Andy McFadden
Todd,
I used to do the same steps on every job, (crb prescrub) On the real bad ones it saves time as it reduces the amount of cleaning passes ,

But, After a little experimenting I found that with my heater turned to max, it cleaned just as well with out a pre scrub on 90% of jobs, SO I feel heat is the real key to higher production rates.

You might consider supplementing your heat with a LG or even an electric heater set in side the front door. Bump you up to the 210 range .

hogjowl

Idiot™
Nice work Doug, What kind of Machine are you using? Like I said I did noticed a big difference in the cleaning with that Everest over my Blazer. It cleaned much faster and Better with less wear and tear on your body. He was using a Ti wand with NO glide and it was running smooth. My pick was from a Double wide with oil all over the parking lot tracked into the cheap poly carpet. It looks like your was too. I went through A bucket of Cobbs and Slop and Gobble. It all works great. Maybe I don't have enough HEAT

I Don't have enough flow on my HOSS right now, I misplaced the little restrictors ( have the smallest one in ) I and need to order the valve kit.

I might have an opportunity to sell my machine and van to a friend who lives in another state. That is why I am asking about the machines. If he does not buy it I will probably sit tight for another year. I only have 1100 hrs on my machine. I am just starting my 3rd summer.

Mikey, My HF has been nothing but trouble. I was thinking about getting an Electric Boss Sprayer from Mytee. Are they any Good? 120 psi

Thanks

I have one of those sprayers and it is a super sprayer, but it is too big to carry on the van all day. Like you, the Hydroforce sprayer is a pain to keep functioning and to work with. I prefer the electric (not battery) multisprayer for daily CC work. I use the hydroforce on really large, open area commercial when HWE'ing. I use the Mytee sprayer for my monthly accounts that I encap. "clean".

hogjowl

Idiot™
If you have less heat you may need more dwell time. Many people dobt take advantage of dwell time and work too hard. Add another oz or two to your mix.

I learned I could schmooze mrs piff while the presray was dwelling in her nasty living room and talk about protector, then invite her over to watch me clean so she could see the difference.

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. I have had the hardest time getting my son to slow down and prespray well ahead. He works so darn fast that on many jobs I can't properly vacuum and prespray for him before he's pushing me out of the room. When he is cleaning "by himself" (with me watching), he forgets to prespray until he gets everything at the door and ready to start cleaning.

Prespraying ahead with time enought to dwell properly is a must.

And, on a side note, that is one reason why I don't like using hydroforce sprayers. People tend to delay prespraying until the last minute because they don't want to stop cleaning and drag the solution hose to the next rooms.

Name
Andy McFadden
Pig man, Just blast the whole house in one shoot , then start non stop cleaning. On two story homes hit the whole up, then clean , then hit the whole down and clean. Dwell time will be massive.

Call me if you want more lessons. (kidding)

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yeah, I was waiting on someone to suggest that.

I prefer not to have my prespray dry before I begin cleaning, and the only way to NOT have my prespray dry when doing what you say is to flood the carpet.

I like to limit the amount of moisture I use.

It's simply more professional.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Marty I prespray the whole damn house in one step too.

Now heres the reasoning.

Say that when you're done cleaning the carpet dries in 2-4 or 6 hours.

This same reasoning is that when you prespray the whole house at the same time the prespray is NOT going to dry out.

And if you think it does ..................your extraction rinse step easily rinses it out.

Stoopie

YEAH I SAID IT!

"I is what I is...............I ain't changing"

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Dry out, from a hydroforce??? uhhhhh go back to being a porty hack then...

unless the house has over 10 rooms, there should be no dry out...bring the house in and spray it all down...bring the other hose and tools in, and go to work...

and until the other day when the filter was clogged,,, havent had a bit of trouble with it....havent even looked in it for like 2 yrs....

...And the machine is an older everest with the nissan motor....awesome machine.....BUT I have a post heater, and took out the exchangers due to the previous owner never descaling....they were FULLLLLL of shit

hogjowl

Idiot™
Haven't ran a portable in over 20 years.

Maybe it's because we run our AC's wide open all summer down here, but prespray dries up after 20 minutes down here.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
When using hydro force on two stories we always spray bedrooms, hall, and stairs so as to not pull the solution hose all over. Clean those areas then because all of your hoses have been pulled to main floor spray the entire next floor. This gives ample dwell time without even coming close to drying out before cleaning

EDS

Name
Ed
On a two story house I will pull out enough solution line to do both up stairs and down stairs. I pre spray as I go up the stairs and into each area (I always have enough slack in the line so that I am not yanking my hose). Once I am at the furthest point in the house I disconnect HF and then begin bringing up my vac hose. AFter the area is cleaned I bring the remainder of my solution hose downstairs and repeat. I am always spraiing a head of myself.

Learning to be as efficient as possible.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I've been in some 90 degree vacant's and yes pre spray can dry out but only because its so nasty it took me an hour to do 1 fricken room.

Normally I pre spray upstairs and steps clean then do downstairs last..

One story houses get PS all at once normally.

A 6 jet PC ti and a helper speed things up a little too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Name
BradFenstermaker
Soak the Dema valve on sprayer in degreaser and flush it out good. I prespray some nasty like ya'll posted above with no prescrub and they clean up. If ya don't have soft water like me just mix the alkaline rinse at half the recommended ration and run at 3-4 gph. It makes the water slicker.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom