Prochem Everest Problems

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
So I mentioned this in one of my threads but my everest is pissing me off right now.

Previously, the thing was making god awful sounds with 100 hrs on it. Bring it into jon don and they say the blower is bad.

I get it back and when I put it on dual wand mode to clean, after a few minutes of cleaning it dies and goes back to idle.

Has anyone else had this type of experience with the Everest 650 HP?

Also, what do you guys run your vacuum lift at? Jon Don tells me that its supposed to be set at 12" and I thought it was supposed to be at 15". They say it makes no difference in suction power or dry times to have it up that high....

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Setting it to 12hg ensures there will be fewer warranty claims.

So obviously they they only care about
keeping you out of the service bay, and not the top performance at your wand.

I can't stand to run less than 16hg.

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
No your issues are not common and without seeing your machine in person I would only be guessing on what the problem is but maybe if you hold the computer closer to the machine I might be able to figure it out :biggrin: as for HG there is ZERO reason to set your machine at 16 ZERO or even 15. the only thing that does is set where the vac relief opens it doesnt give you any more vacuum. With a glided wand your vac relief is rarely opening at 12 hg. With that said your welcome to run your machine at where ever you want. it is your blower you can treat it however you want. Just dont expect Gardner Denver to warranty a blower you deliberatly burned up and yes they can tell when they open it up.

I just talked to my guys about your issue there could be two things causing that one a bad switch or a bad waste tank float. Both are easy to check and Jon-Don should be able to test those in a few minutes.

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
John if he disconnects the couple to the liquid level switch while running the unit and it continues to operate with no problem will that tell him it's the level switch. Or have they rerouted the way the electrical works on those units?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Yes he can jumper the float himself. Wait what? No he can't just disconnect the float he will need to jumper it closing the loop or the machine won't run. I'm more inclined to think it is the switch but those are the two things that would cause the problem.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Could be in that wiring harness, we've had one our (older units) do that. Simple fix and shouldn't be a problem again.

I can't speak to the blower, fortunately never had a blower problem on a new unit.

Ben do you always "throw the baby out with the bath water"? I understand your frustration but shit happens. Seems to me buying a new machine would just complicate things and you'll lose more on depreciation of your current unit.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I would lean to either the switch, waste tank switch or computer board. I would check the ground as well to make sure it's tight.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
we had an issue with the float switch now we just look in the tank sometimes but it wouldn't just cut to idle it would shut down.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

well what do you know...............finally.......I was beginning to think that this was a hopeless case.......

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
A vac relief set to 12hg on a BIG blower is just WASTING air, that otherwise could be pulled through the wand, but instead it's just a $30,000 outside air circulator.

Reactions: Larry Cobb

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
A vac relief set to 12hg on a BIG blower is just WASTING air, that otherwise could be pulled through the wand, but instead it's just a $30,000 outside air circulator.

Ashley is correct.

68 HP . . .

and only 12" hg

For high performance, I would look for a full 16" hg.

Larry

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
and break Your wrists and operator fatigue.! also use a bently!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom