Prochem Performer 405 bypass valve

MerCrewser

The manual bypass valve that you use to cool down the unit before shutdown - Anyone remove it all together? Always seems to be leaky and needs replacement once a year. Are they rebuildable? I just ordered one - 60 bucks!

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I think mine is leaking a little too? Does it drip inside the waste tank?

MerCrewser

yes. youll know its leaking bwhen the water box drains while the machine is off. Getting hard to maintain water temp so I just ordered a replacement. Found one cheaper, 31 bucks. Seems to me any type valve will work, or just cool it down by running the solution through at the end of the job.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I run both my bypass's back into the fresh tank. the way I know if its leaking is if I go to start up the machine and it takes a while to build up pressure, what happens is all the water from the water box seeps out back into the fresh tank. your 405 may or may not do this. I am on my second one and my machine is nearly 7 years old. if you run a lot of hours once a year is probably about normal. keep the packing nut snug and this will help with valve life, they are pricey

MerCrewser

no. It leaks through the bypass into the waste tank. I think I'm going to remove mine for the winter months.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom