Prochem Ti or Bentley wand?

Name
Scott
Thank you for the responses on my wand dilemma. I have not used the Bentley wand yet and have used the Prochem. From what I am hearing the Bentley is just as nice if not nicer for half the price. Has anyone used both and have any input on this? Im hoping my next wand will be the last one for this van at least.

FredC

Village Idiot
TI...hands down....if for no other reason than it won't look like shit in a few months....but there are others

anybody that says the bentley is just as nice has a major f'n crack problem.............

that said there are potential candidates at half the price...keep searching

Name
Scott
Which ones are you talking about? I have a PMF Ti and hate it. Very hard cleaning around things due to the bulkiness around the sides of the head.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I have only used Ti's and don't think I would ever consider anything else unless my truckmount wouldn't be a good fit or something. I can easily see one lasting 20+ years.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
scottpeterson83 said:
Has anyone used both and have any input on this? .

yep
6 jet Prochem Ti and Bentley 14" swivel head

the Ti all the way

From what I am hearing the Bentley is just as nice if not nicer for half the price. Has anyone used both and have any input on this?

not sure who you're hearing that from, cause there are very few cleaners that own both.
and even fewer still that stopped using their Ti for the Bentley

Vince Feehan (sp??) is one of the only guys i can think of.
unless where you "heard" if from was someone with a fanatical interest in the Bentley like Larry Cobb.
my guess is, he touts "as best" the products he makes the "best" profit on !gotcha!

..l.T.A.

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
I have the original Bentley swivel stainless steel. This wand is two short, and two heavy. I am 5'11.
The carbon fiber might be nice, especially the lighter weight and without the swivel which makes it heavier.

Mike Draper

I love my ergonomic TI wand. I'll cant see wanting another wand to clean with. Its awesome in every way........other than the price.

PCCN

Weebco said:
I have the original Bentley swivel stainless steel. This wand is two short, and two heavy. I am 5'11.
The carbon fiber might be nice, especially the lighter weight and without the swivel which makes it heavier.

Agree! Have a 4 year old bentley that is a great dust collector. Wayyyy too short and have terrible time getting help from the company getting answers to initial seal leaks. It has been used once in the last 2 years where it did come in handy cleaning in between church pews which were bolted to the floor and couldn't be moved. Otherwise, I'l just let it rest in the corner.

Name
Eric Valentine
I haven't had the opportunity to try out a Prochem TI wand. I use an original stainless 14" swivel Bentley wand as my primary wand. I hated the dang wand at first, but within 3 days, it grew on me. I would love to try out a TI and a carbon fiber Bentley, just to see what I may or may not be missing.

Bob Foster

I have a 14" Greenhorn and a 14" non-swivel carbon fiber Bentley with the upgraded Mytee manifold.

I far prefer the Bentley which has been in use full time for well over a year. Occasionally I will use my Greenhorn which I have jetted for higher flow. After using the Bentley for so long when I do use the Greenhorn it feels very heavy.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ruff Hewn said:
From what I am hearing the Bentley is just as nice if not nicer for half the price. Has anyone used both and have any input on this?

not sure who you're hearing that from, cause there are very few cleaners that own both.
and even fewer still that stopped using their Ti for the Bentley

Vince Feehan (sp??) is one of the only guys i can think of.
unless where you "heard" if from was someone with a fanatical interest in the Bentley like Larry Cobb.
my guess is, he touts "as best" the products he makes the "best" profit on !gotcha!

..l.T.A.
Larry;

I would make more profit on the Ti wand.

But my conscience would bother me.

(I'll see if I can find the Ti wand with the stainless handle riveted on)

The Bentley definitely cleans better than the CMP 14" (greenhorn) in our tests.

Larry

FredC

Village Idiot
would you really Larry? Sure....on the single sale......

but overall it would seem that selling a volume of bentleys would be much more profitable................cause you aren't going to convince most BDCCs to buy a TI..............

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I have had a Bentley carbon fiber for about 1 1/2 years and it is holding up great. I also have the carbon fiber swivel too. Both are very light and the new manifolds are fine. if you need to clean around pews or desks swivel is the cats meow lol. They guys at Mytee stand behind their stuff they have gone above and beyond to make sure we have been happy with our wands. John at superior has been top notch and like I have said before "buy from a good supplier and you will have no probs". I do have a few tips on choosing your Bentley. If your around 5'10" - 6' if you choose the gun handle get the Bentley short if you get the wand with a reg valve the longer wand would prob be better. That’s been my experience. also carbon fiber is easier on stuff like glass tables if you bump wand against it. the tappered ends on the vac head also get into corners and under booths at restaurants great.

Green&Clean

It's funny. I've had been reading several posts on wands and kept seeing everyone recommend titanium wands. I kept thinking to myself why on earth I'd need a wand made of such an expensive metal. Again, keep in mind that I'm just starting out. Today I did another practice cleaning where I absolutely needed to use my wand, the one that came with my Rotovac 360 bundle package. I belive it's stainless. I quickly saw how I lightweight Titanium wand could quickly come to be very useful. LOL.

FredC

Village Idiot
Lee Stockwell said:

What manifold fix Lee? Didn't yours come with the new manifold? Was there a before the manifold fix? or do you mean you had to fix the manifold it came with?

and which glide....do you have the stainless glide? A GG? The teflon internal?

Name
Lee Stockwell
I'm not sure what fixes the wand had before Mytee shipped it to me. It wouldn't stay in position, allowing jets to fall close to the carpet and cause streaking.

Manifold: I took it apart, marked the desired location of the parts, removed the teflon, and reassembled each part a full turn tighter with Loctite.

No problem since.

Stainless glide: A couple whacks in a vise with a ball-peen hammer and chisel and it snaps in tight, doesn't leak, and doesn't rattle.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Green&Clean said:
It's funny. I've had been reading several posts on wands and kept seeing everyone recommend titanium wands. I kept thinking to myself why on earth I'd need a wand made of such an expensive metal. Again, keep in mind that I'm just starting out. Today I did another practice cleaning where I absolutely needed to use my wand, the one that came with my Rotovac 360 bundle package. I belive it's stainless. I quickly saw how I lightweight Titanium wand could quickly come to be very useful. LOL.

I've been playing with different wand configurations. Wands can be lighter, but a lot of the weight is at the back end of the wand from the 2 hoses and the water in them. The wand hand support grip needs to work like as fulcrum in the middle of the working weight.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The wand is the one tool you are touching all the time. It is the tool that will be the difference in whether or not you can pick up your grand kids. I see lots of folks spend tens of thousands of dollars on a TM and then buy a $200 wand...Doesn't make sense. Get the one that uses the least amount of stress on your body and will last the longest. Don't get suckered into buying cheap thinking it will save you money. It will only cost you more when you end up replacing it.

As for the Prochem TI wand Larry has been staring at his flashlights to long. There is more profit in a Bentley then a TI wand and I'm a Prochem flagship dealer so I know i get a better price then Larry. That is not saying the Bentley isn't a decent wand just Larry is making shit up again.

Long story you need to try out several wands at your Distributor and find the one that fits you the best and just buy it and not worry about the price. Or call me and buy a Ergo TI wand and be done with it. :)

Reactions: JS41035

I like your answer.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You dance with your wand all day long.Sure you can always get the ugliest girl to dance with you but your all grown up now go ahead and dance with the prom queen. You deserve it :mrgreen:

S

sam miller

I like my ti most of the time sometimes I use a quad and sometimes I use a aw29 it all depends on the carpet. Then some carpets get punched in

the face with an Rx20 with Mytee glides.

The PC Ti definetly does the most fastest, and dries really well with a GG Hybrid 1in. extenders 12 flow. Droped it to a 9 flow in winter.

Might go with a holed glide next time I like fast dry times so do customers!

Never used a Bently.

Joe Couch

Looking at a Prochem TI and was wanting to know what mods (if any) need to be done to it. We specialize in cleaning apartments. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom