Prochem Tile Cleaner is great

I just wanted to comment about some of the tile jobs I have done over the past few weeks. I normally use the same prespray I use for cleaning carpets in empties on tile which is 6 oz of Power Burst and 6 oz of Power Strike in my hydro force and it cleans tile great. I used to use Viper Venom and liked it as well except it took longer to rinse off the floor or was more soapy than I like. Today I cleaned a very dirty restaurant and used Powerburst straight on the kitchen floor and scrubbed with a 175 and rinsed at 1000 psi. The floor looked great. In the front of the restaurant I tried Prochem's Tile and Grout Cleaner for the first time and will never use any other chemical for cleaning tile. This stuff is very easy to rinse off the floor, the smell is not strong, and it works great. Powerburst and Prochem Tile Cleaner are my cleaners of choice. Prochem Tile Cleaner is way better than Viper Venom.

I clean a few restaurants and have noticed most of them have a syphon fed chemical system to wash their dishes or mop the floors. The chemical they use to wash their pots and pans is a real strong acid and has a lot of bleach in it as well. The problem is the dishwashers get the chemical on the floor and then it gets spread around the floor when they mop or hose the floor down. Even worse is when the mop the floor with the acid. The grout in these restaurants is all but gone with only 5-10 percent remaining. The floor tiles are held in place by the mortar and that is almost gone as well. I did a job yesterday and quoted the owner 550 to clean the kitchen and 450 to clean the tile in the front of the restaurant. After I saw how bad the grout was when we sucked the grease off the floor and realized we were going to be done in the kitchen in about an hour and a half, I told him we would do the kitchen for 350, but still charge 450 for the front. The whole job took 4 hours start to finish for 800. This is a high end place, and they are going to let me do the tile every 6 months instead of every 5 years like they did in the past.

I have used Viper Renew acid cleaner and like it as well and Flex on tile. One cleaner I used to clean a very dirty tile without grout the other day was made by Butchers Chemical Company called Hot Springs. I am sure it would clean grout very easily.

http://housewares.hardwarestore.com/35- ... 30938.aspx

My favorite cleaner still remains the Powerburst/Powertrike combination, but the Prochem Tile Cleaner cuts through the crud great too and is not foamy like Viper Venom. In fact, I have not used any defoamer since I quit using the Venom.

My only complaint now is the SX-12 which in my opinion is a poor design. The little holes clog too easily with debris. I need a Turbo Hybrid.

Papa

Not impressed with Prochem. I'm new at this but like the orange colored Mixed Rite tile and grout cleaner the best so far.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom