Prochem Ultrapak Extreme too extreme for me

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
tried using it today but after 5 seconds of prespraying, went outside and dumped it. Stuff smells like an atomic bomb! Baby in the house, mother and father, no way was I going to chance it and have the entire house smell like a nuclear bomb in the air. Reminded me of my JonDon GrandSlam days. Too strong of a chemical smell. I’m certain it cleans well, but not on my health or my clients wondering what am I cleaning with!

Mixed my usual fresh scent Rafamix Secret Sauce. Proceeded on....

I don’t see how you guys are using this stuff and still living to rave about it. Jesus must be with you or sumthing.

Reactions: ronbeatty

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
tried using it today but after 5 seconds of prespraying, went outside and dumped it. Stuff smells like an atomic bomb! Baby in the house, mother and father, no way was I going to chance it and have the entire house smell like a nuclear bomb in the air. Reminded me of my JonDon GrandSlam days. Too strong of a chemical smell. I’m certain it cleans well, but not on my health or my clients wondering what am I cleaning with!

Mixed my usual fresh scent Rafamix Secret Sauce. Proceeded on....

I don’t see how you guys are using this stuff and still living to rave about it. Jesus must be with you or sumthing.
I haven't had to use it yet, (no free sample in the mail) though I don't think is an every day product that you want to use in homes. Over 12 ph, it's a powerful product more suited to trashed rentals and commercial carpets. Having said that, I used some Saigers code Red today, (similar ph) on white nylon carpets. Portable job in a high-rise and the carpets were in poor condition. Came out great. I added a deodorizer to give a fresh scent. I think the Prochem extreme would work well in the same situation and you wouldn't need any Deo as long as you like peppermint. It's not a non toxic/environmentally product imo but it's what's necessary when your regular stuff isn't up to the job.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Prochem's chems have always been like that.
That's why Larry C. calls them the Gold Standard. What he means by that is: Hey after and throughout all them gun shots and smoke etc. I can actually smell their products.

Don't ask why but that's how they make them in WhooooopChuck OH :winky:

Mikey P

Administrator
I more chemically sensitive than anybody I know but this deaf as a badge at all M just dunk over use it the to 3 and scooping them skulls

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
The real risk is using your "Usual Raf" bathtub chemistry. God forbid an issue and a need for an SDS. With no manufacturer to stand behind you'll get ripped apart by even a rookie attorney. I'd be concerned about high ph products in this setting but far riskier is using your own brew.
Yeah but my bathtub mix makes for a great cleaner with low fresh scent that does not give you a buzz after prespraying unlike Ultrapak.

It only took 5 seconds of a whiff to put that Genie back in its bottle.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I really feel like an immigrant now.
Would anybody care to translate :winky:

Sure...
1541557550880.png

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Rest easy Richard (who if I may testify is the best lawyer among carpet cleaners) usually garage mix formulas mean that they added delimo and peroxide.

Or a concoction of adding what was left in the hydro the last seven times over.

Is all good. And still beats PC products smell :winky:

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Reast easy Richard, who if I may testify is the best lawyer among carpet cleaners, usually garage mix formulas mean that they added delimo and peroxide.

Or a concoction of adding what was left in the hydro the last seven times over.

Is all good. And still beats PC products smell :winky:
I just know it would be impossible to defend.

Hell, mixing boosters with different brands. Or anything contrary to what is specified on the label and you assume all liability.

Cowboys nuttin but Cowboys!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ultrapak has a strong mint scent, that’s why I like Saigers free, and petzone with hydrocide.

Some people are fragrant intolerant, you want to ask if a strong scent will bother them.

I like carrying both stuff with out fragrance and some sfuff with.

Not everyone is sensitive to it!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My main concern would be does it do what it says?
Lastly my helper gags everytime I use Saiger cide. Should I stop using it?

F

FB7777

Good grief

This stuff is ph13 and designed for rat nasties and commercial

It should come with a gas mask and gloves

If you're dumb enough to use it as an everyday cleaner, then by all means eliminate yourself

No reason to take unwitting customers with you in the process

What's the next Brew of the month? A PH 14 cleaner with a skull and bones on the label?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
RADAR SHUT UP! YOU WILL NEVER BE THE MAN.........BUFFFOON!

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I thought the ultrapac nano smelled pretty good. Once I stopped mixing it so strong I had very good cleaning results. Scent appreciation is a personal taste. The smell of GrandSlam bugs me, but most love it.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
I thought the ultrapac nano smelled pretty good. Once I stopped mixing it so strong I had very good cleaning results. Scent appreciation is a personal taste. The smell of GrandSlam bugs me, but most love it.

Agree.. It has done well the two times I used it. Both times applied with shower tank on a 175. One time mixed as directed.
Other time slightly stronger . As I was doing a trashed berber and wanted more foam to stay up on the fibers.

Usually I use Power Burst. I get nothing but good comments on that when using it in occupies situations, as most of my stuff is vacant. .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom