Prochem

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Lee Stockwell said:
Way too high....even with Canadian money.

Um Lee..... Time for the great Canadian stock up.

Canadian Dollar 0.9924 USD
US Dollar 1.0077 CAD

Dr Vapeur

Supportive Member
Name
Richard Gagne
I kinda figured the price was to high. Right now the cdn is almost at par with the US however 5 years ago the cdn $ was at $0.60 US. I find that Canadian vendeurs have not brought their prices down.
Anyways thank you for you input. By the way, do you know what's the approximate life expectance of one of these Prochem apex's? Or how many hours does one of these last before things start having to be changed.
Thank again. I cannot express how much I appreciate Mikey's board.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I know the parity of us/can dollars, I have Canadian son-in-law. :-) We've noted canadian prices are still sky high.

The first owner has already decided to sell it for whatever reason. The TM is past the miidpoint of its "troublefree" hours. The truck is 4 model-years old and has also lost at least half its resale value.

Jimbo

You could buy Marty's Vortex for that kind of money...and be really happy with a dynamic cleaning system!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Dr. Vapeur said:
What do you think of this package for $34000 cdn?
2007 Prochem Apex w/2300hrs, prochem wand, 150 feet hose
2007 GMC 3500 w/30000 miles, air
Thanks
Richard Gagne

figure van is worth 11k machine is worth 10k, I come up with 21k, that is a long ways from 34, even if you added 3-4k to what I said, you are still along ways off. in fact that is not too far away from brand new prices. if the van was 20k and the machine was 17k, you do the math.

Name
Nate W.
You have to realize that he is in Canada. A lot of people, even myself don't fully understand how much it costs to get things there. So much duties and taxes they hit you with. While I'm not saying it's not a high price for a used machine, we only can compare to what we know in the states.

I'd price it out for a new machine in Canada, then do the math.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Can't you just buy a machine in the states and drive it across.
Paying the taxes of course.

Gene

Willy P

Name
Willy P
GeneMiller said:
Can't you just buy a machine in the states and drive it across.
Paying the taxes of course.

Gene

After the recent debacle with the Prochem supplier up here, even more of my money is going south. If you knew the unnuetered male bovine excrement we put up with here...

Chris A

Name
Chris
I sold a Dodge Pick Up to a Canadian Couple last year, who then re-sold the truck because Chrysler would not honor the 100K warranty in Canada, for some reason.

Dr Vapeur

Supportive Member
Name
Richard Gagne
The car companies do not honour warranties of cars from the states, if I am not mistaken the car companies forced the federal government to change the rules. The best thing to do now is to buy your van in Canada and drive down south to get your TM. Of course you could have the added headache of being along way from the dealship. However, the price difference will probably make up for it.

As I said before Cdn vendeurs who buy from the States are still keeping their prices high as if the Cdn $ has not changed. It is called goughing the customer. I guess market pressure will eventually bring down prices, until then buy from the states.

However, I have noticed the vendeur in the states know the prices are high in Canada so they are charging rediculus "shipping" charges. Thank for the gouging.

RG

John Olson

Name
John Olson
steve g said:
[quote="Dr. Vapeur":2ct38jbu]What do you think of this package for $34000 cdn?
2007 Prochem Apex w/2300hrs, prochem wand, 150 feet hose
2007 GMC 3500 w/30000 miles, air
Thanks
Richard Gagne

figure van is worth 11k machine is worth 10k, I come up with 21k, that is a long ways from 34, even if you added 3-4k to what I said, you are still along ways off. in fact that is not too far away from brand new prices. if the van was 20k and the machine was 17k, you do the math.[/quote:2ct38jbu]

The Van actually books out between 14-19k (NADA) depending on if it is extended and or a Savana. The Apex is worth 17-19k retail with that many hours. 2300 hours on a Kubota is less about 1/4 of it's life if it is taken care of. 34k isn't a BAD number but in this market it is un-realistic. Offer 29 and if they take it jump on it.

Steve the Apex is $22882 retail and the Van was 25-29 MSRP so this setup with installation/reels etc was probably close to 50k+ CDN when it was put together.

steve g

Name
steve garrett

figure van is worth 11k machine is worth 10k, I come up with 21k, that is a long ways from 34, even if you added 3-4k to what I said, you are still along ways off. in fact that is not too far away from brand new prices. if the van was 20k and the machine was 17k, you do the math.[/quote:32n7wtra]

The Van actually books out between 14-19k (NADA) depending on if it is extended and or a Savana. The Apex is worth 17-19k retail with that many hours. 2300 hours on a Kubota is less about 1/4 of it's life if it is taken care of. 34k isn't a BAD number but in this market it is un-realistic. Offer 29 and if they take it jump on it.

Steve the Apex is $22882 retail and the Van was 25-29 MSRP so this setup with installation/reels etc was probably close to 50k+ CDN when it was put together.[/quote:32n7wtra]

yeah but I don't pay retail for very many things, in reality you can make more money on a van truckmount combo IMO if you sell it separately. used vans aren't bringing a ton of money these days, 10k will buy you a really nice cargo van with low miles. 2300 hours is a fair amount of use and is the point where some components need to be replaced, it just depends on how the machine was taken care of, my machine is 8 years old doesn't have a spec of rust on it, I put car wax on it, that is how anal I am, its been maintained like an airplane, I would have trouble getting 5 grand for it, would I sell if for that hell no. IMO its worth alot more, but its only worth what someone else will pay for it.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Thats why I said to offer 29 CDN as my numbers where US monies. 29k CDN would be a very good deal on that set up. I'd buy it for 22 US and sell it for 30k US. Depending on the condition of course.

Name
I'm Rick James
dealtimeman said:
i thought ben surdi was doing great. why are they closing down?

Hes been trying to sell that machine for a very long time, he said he wanted to get a vortex to replace it. He posted on here that he just leased out a shop to do rug cleaning, so he must be expanding.

Name
I'm Rick James
Nate The Great said:
"Closing our business"

The joys of craigslist. People will say anything to get rid of things.

I didnt even notice that was in there, maybe he is.

Ryan

Ben is making so much money with his marketing site and website design he no longer has to suck rugs. :roll:

brent said:
Our very own BB peronality ben surdi is selling his apex 900 hrs in a newer van for $23,000. You could probably talk him down more, in about 6 months he dropped the price from $38,000 to $23,000. Mikey he is looking to buy a vortex, maybe you can hook him up....

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bfs/1645161783.html

I was going to post last night and see if Ben was still interested in a Vortex. Something had me thinking that he was not. Ben is pretty sharp. I don't believe he is closing his business. Maybe he is going to follow Greg Cole and Brian Robison's path. The Apex machine would have to be unbolted each time the hxers needed cleaning etc. That is a real problem that would need to be addressed.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I thought he paid cash for everything... :shock: Great deal though I kinda want to buy it.

02-03-2010 10:36 AM #1
bensurdi View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries Visit Homepage View Articles Add as Contact
Ultimate Cleaner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Real Name Ben SurdiCompany NW Green CleanLocation Seattle, WAPosts 535 Thanks 31 Thanked 34 Times in 20 Posts My Prochem Apex... Who Wants it?
Looking for someone who cannot get a bank loan, that has a down payment. I will owner finance this machine and truck to someone who can at least put down 8-10K. This van and machine will be completely paid off May 2011. So you can potentially own a 2006 E350 and Apex with 900 hrs free and clear in 1 1/2 years.

Has Fresh Water Tank
Chemical Rack
Hose Reels
Prochem Quad Jet Wand
Hydro Force
Carpet Rakes
And More...

C

Name
Nate W.
danielc said:
brent said:
Our very own BB peronality ben surdi is selling his apex 900 hrs in a newer van for $23,000. You could probably talk him down more, in about 6 months he dropped the price from $38,000 to $23,000. Mikey he is looking to buy a vortex, maybe you can hook him up....

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bfs/1645161783.html

I was going to post last night and see if Ben was still interested in a Vortex. Something had me thinking that he was not. Ben is pretty sharp. I don't believe he is closing his business. Maybe he is going to follow Greg Cole and Brian Robison's path. The Apex machine would have to be unbolted each time the hxers needed cleaning etc. That is a real problem that would need to be addressed.

Why lie??? :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom