Prochem’s NEW e-idle fuel savings system

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Would be a cool option to have, but.....aren't the newer TM's, even the monsters, closing in on 1 gph? That would have been great on my 3 gph Genesis 59. But I seldom need to idle down, cause we keep that wand a' running.

Name
I'm Rick James
Actually, no. The Prochem owned was very quiet compared to my TCS machine.

They were just way too over-engineered and aren't dependable, or at least they didn't use to be.

I'm forced to assume they're still the same.

Its one of those things.. you put a lot of electronics in a metal box that generates high heat. I have a prochem and the damn thing drives me crazy with those little sensor going out or causing other problems.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Sounds great if it works. :icon_cool:

Will it be available to retrofit Prochem units or is this only for new machines? :icon_neutral:
Right now with the way it is tied into the computer system it is only available when you order the machine as an upgrade. They do jot have feasible (economically) upgrade kit yet. This is something I'm asking for but trying to get them to understand people that own 650' didn't buy them because they are cheap. I know my customers won't blink at the price to retrofit their 650's but it will be more the small upgrade fee of the new machine

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Able 1

Name
Keith
Its one of those things.. you put a lot of electronics in a metal box that generates high heat. I have a prochem and the damn thing drives me crazy with those little sensor going out or causing other problems.

What Prochem truck mount do you have, and what sensor is giving you problems? I have had no such problems with either of my machines(7,000 hours + combined).. I love Prochem units and I would never buy anything else(well, maybe a 1200).

Able 1

Name
Keith
Come to think of it, I think my Peak only has 1 shutdown sensor and that's for low oil(more of a engine safeguard).. Unless you consider the waste tank switch, what else could be a problem unless you bought a old 405.. The 405 had issues with the computer from what I recall they had some fix for it.

So, what little sensor has been going out on you or is this just a baseless claim? Prochem truck mounts are very simple and will give you way more then 2,000 hours engine life(pig man)..

Name
I'm Rick James
What Prochem truck mount do you have, and what sensor is giving you problems? I have had no such problems with either of my machines(7,000 hours + combined).. I love Prochem units and I would never buy anything else(well, maybe a 1200).

I'm not sure, the machine has 6,000 hrs on it.. I bought it refurbished from jon don with a lot of new stuff on it and just take it in there when its not working right. I just bought a maxx 470 yesterday, i guess we will see how that goes.

Name
I'm Rick James
Come to think of it, I think my Peak only has 1 shutdown sensor and that's for low oil(more of a engine safeguard).. Unless you consider the waste tank switch, what else could be a problem unless you bought a old 405.. The 405 had issues with the computer from what I recall they had some fix for it.

So, what little sensor has been going out on you or is this just a baseless claim? Prochem truck mounts are very simple and will give you way more then 2,000 hours engine life(pig man)..

The liquid cooled engines should last 10,000 hrs or so.. air cooled you can be between 1000-6000 hours before replacement, they are so cheap anyways to replace. The prochem microprocessor was a bad step for them but overall they are a good company.. the bells and whistles can cause a lot of head ache..

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
reminds me of the eco boost system in Mercedes. it shuts the engine off at stoplights or if its stopped for more than 15sec. Like a golf cart, then it comes back on when you touch the accelerator.

Just at local pressure washer busn and Honda has a device meant to replace the cable throttle. Can be adapted to other engines apparently. I'll look into it more once the main work is done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom