Procyon saved the day!

Todays job was flippin nasty, stunk, and I think these people are borderline horders. So the lady says she is chemical sensitive,) and tells me I can't use anything with a smell to it. Lucky I just happend to have an old jug of procyon in the van. I didn't think It could even start to cut though all the nasty ness. I went ahead and hosed the carpet down with it, then got set up and started cleaning.

Like a Hot Knife thru butter, and the job turned out so well that I thought I was dreaming. I mean this was the kind of carpet that powerburst was made for . And the procyon made it look brand new. I still can't belive it.

I haven't used this stuff for a long time cause it sucked, for OP cleaning, But with HWE it is a whole new chemical, the heat must realy make this stuff work like crazy, it has my respect,

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I used to use it for HWE and I loved the stuff...then it became hard to get for various reasons.

I've tried it for bonnet cleaning in the past but it was usually right after portying the carpet...Worked great..but I think the porty part helped.

I was thinking of trying it again for OPing just to see....does it suck that bad for OP?

Name
Nate W.

Send one here too while your at it... shiteatinggrin

Brian,
you won't like it for OP, It's like water compared to the vacaway stuff your using. I think heat is the secret for this stuff to work well.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Procyon is made for high temp HWE. It dosen't cut it on every type of soil but works great for residental nylon.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Last time I bought Procyon it was only sold by 100 lb box.

It worked good. I just hated buying 100 lbs at a time.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i prefer the liquid, did a better job for me.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
And while we are at it.
I use 'Soap Free' works very well.
Anybody use both 'Soap Free' and 'Procyon' and has a preference?
And why?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
When I used Procyon back in the day it was powder....50lbs boxes (perfect) and you had to mixe it strong to use it for OP.

Not sure if the Liquid is different.

John, Liquid or powder?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Ofer Kolton said:
And while we are at it.
And why?

Why buy knock offs for about the same money? Procyon is the only green seal certified "soap free" I will not think twice about using the sledgehammer presprays if that what it takes, but you might as well rinse with something green.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've used both Procyon and Soap Free...Procyon hands is better.

It made my porty work like a TM....Ok, not realy...but you get the idea.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
ACE said:
Ofer Kolton said:
And while we are at it.
And why?

Why buy knock offs for about the same money? Procyon is the only green seal certified "soap free" I will not think twice about using the sledgehammer presprays if that what it takes, but you might as well rinse with something green.

The green seal is definitely a plus and clients like it.

I don't know if it is true or not, yet some here suggested that Procyon does not have some corrosion inhibitors and other ingredients required to protect our machines and make it a better all around product. If anybody has more info I'll be glad to know.

As per being a knockoff, frankly I don't care. They all constantly copy from each other.
And last I checked Procyon cost quite a bit more.

theden

Sorry, guys, I don't understand. Are you using Procyon as your pre spray or as your rinse?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Procyon had an "extreme clean" for prespray that worked well. Not sure about now.

But you can just mix the regular procyon heavy for prespray and then normal for rinse.

Or at least that's how it used to be.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Brian R said:
Procyon had an "extreme clean" for prespray that worked well. Not sure about now.

But you can just mix the regular procyon heavy for prespray and then normal for rinse.

Or at least that's how it used to be.

That's how I mix it, Brian, for most regular jobs. Really dirty or greasy jobs require a boost of some type........I use Grease Eraser.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom